• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a_randy_sewer

Prius-driving-gun-owner
    Nov 18, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I have a question that I am thoroughly confused on:
    1. I have already sent off for my C&R 1 week ago.
    2. I have read the FAQ up and down.

Scenario:
    Buying a CZ-82 from a Dealer/Gunsmith in PA, how do I legally get it to MD?
    If he transfers to a MD FFL, will they check against the Approved Regulated Handgun List and deny the application? Unsure of this particular one's manufacture date.
    Is my best bet to wait to take possession and use my 03 FFL and pick it up out of state?

I am not asking how to circumvent the law, I would just like to know the proper procedure, understanding that if I had my 03 C&R it could be delivered to my door.

Thank you for any insight.

Big_Papa

Jan 8, 2013
    Mechanicsville
    I have a question about the Bound Book, tried searching but never found exactly what I was after and hope that someone will clear up my confusion.

The BATFE defines a bound book as the following:
    A “bound book” is a permanently bound book or an orderly arrangement of loose-leaf pages which must be maintained on the business premises. The format must follow that prescribed in the regulations, and the pages must be numbered consecutively.[27 CFR 478.121 and 478.125]

The ATF also has a form ATF F 5300.5 — Report of Firearms Transactions.

Now my question is can I print out this form and put it in a 3 ring binder or do I have to buy a permanently bound book or a log that has say a non-removable spiral wound binding?

I have recently mailed off my forms for my C&R and am trying to get ahead of the game a little.

CraZ4GunZ

Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    I got the handgun part, but can a C&R rifle be transferred directly between two MD C&R residents?
    Sorry if this has been asked before.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I got the handgun part, but can a C&R rifle be transferred directly between two MD C&R residents?
    Sorry if this has been asked before.

As long as its not on the assault rifle/regulated list, it can transfer between MD residents who are of age and not criminals, C&R holders or not.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I have a question about the Bound Book, tried searching but never found exactly what I was after and hope that someone will clear up my confusion.

The BATFE defines a bound book as the following:
    A “bound book” is a permanently bound book or an orderly arrangement of loose-leaf pages which must be maintained on the business premises. The format must follow that prescribed in the regulations, and the pages must be numbered consecutively.[27 CFR 478.121 and 478.125]

The ATF also has a form ATF F 5300.5 — Report of Firearms Transactions.

Now my question is can I print out this form and put it in a 3 ring binder or do I have to buy a permanently bound book or a log that has say a non-removable spiral wound binding?

I have recently mailed off my forms for my C&R and am trying to get ahead of the game a little.

That form does not have all the columns and it is not in the same order as the prescribed one. It's very close but people here have reported the atf has forced them to re-record all of their entries for having the entries one per page versus columnar format.

The format is in ATF-P-5300.11 (or the most recent version) which they will send you before you get your your license.

This is the the page from the document:

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2013-01-09 18:47:11.jpg
      Screenshot at 2013-01-09 18:47:11.jpg
      76.6 KB · Views: 443

Big_Papa

Jan 8, 2013
    Mechanicsville
    That form does not have all the columns and it is not in the same order as the prescribed one. It's very close but people here have reported the atf has forced them to re-record all of their entries for having the entries one per page versus columnar format.

The format is in ATF-P-5300.11 (or the most recent version) which they will send you before you get your your license.

This is the the page from the document:

Thank You that is definetly nice to know... But what about putting it in a 3-ring binder? Is that acceptable?

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    Here is a dumb question. I have had my C&R for a while now and still have not bought a single gun with it yet. Are we able to buy C&R's in state or just outside of MD. I have seen a few different guns in pawn shops and some at Gander that may like a new home. I was just never sure

pilgrim

Our C&R FFL tale, as of 201302-12

There was a large packet fro the ATF at home.

It was addressed to my lovely wife. We both sent in applications. They cashed the check around Dec 28.

More bad news, It has form letter saying Congratulations on becoming a federally licensed Collector of Curios or Relic Firearms. It contain everything a except anything looking like a certificate or license.

Yes, she will be calling the ATF tomorrow. But seriously, she got hers first. They were sent in the same day. Yea thats the bad news, and my wife wants a Nagant 1895 revolver, Damn she needs her own safe.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

It was addressed to my lovely wife. We both sent in applications. They cashed the check around Dec 28.

More bad news, It has form letter saying Congratulations on becoming a federally licensed Collector of Curios or Relic Firearms. It contain everything a except anything looking like a certificate or license.

The license will come separately.

Shadow68

May 4, 2009
    AA Co.
    Here is a dumb question. I have had my C&R for a while now and still have not bought a single gun with it yet. Are we able to buy C&R's in state or just outside of MD. I have seen a few different guns in pawn shops and some at Gander that may like a new home. I was just never sure

You CAN NOT use it to buy any "MD Regulated" firearms within the state of MD. So handguns are a no go within the borders.

It is generally believed that you can make those purchases outside of the state.
    However, I have utilized my C&R to purchase several unregulated long guns within the state.

It's up to the seller whether they choose to recognize your C&R - I have also attempted to use my C&R for other unregulated purchases and was denied by the seller...

Keep in mind - I am not a lawyer - I am only conveying what my personal experience and understanding is.

SalemCat

Jan 10, 2013
    Our C&R FFL tale, as of 201302-12

Yes, she will be calling the ATF tomorrow. But seriously, she got hers first. They were sent in the same day. Yea thats the bad news, and my wife wants a Nagant 1895 revolver, Damn she needs her own safe.

Oh crap. Six weeks. I'm too anxious.

My Credit Card was charged Feb 2nd. Looks like my C&R will be a Saint Patrick's Day surprise.

Could be worse :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom