• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Question-- can a MD resident with a C & R License use it to purchase a gun out of state IN PERSON? I live fairly close to PA and was thinking of checking out some of the closer PA gun shops.... Sorry for asking but I have not yet received my 'packet' from the BATFE (you know, the agency that knowingly lets illegal guns get into the hands of the Mexican drug lords)

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Question-- can a MD resident with a C & R License use it to purchase a gun out of state IN PERSON? I live fairly close to PA and was thinking of checking out some of the closer PA gun shops.... Sorry for asking but I have not yet received my 'packet' from the BATFE (you know, the agency that knowingly lets illegal guns get into the hands of the Mexican drug lords)

Yes. Bring unsigned copies of your license.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county

Yes. Bring unsigned copies of your license.

Yup, all day long long as the gun is C&R eligible. I usually bring a Blue Pen with me and now i always write on the C&R copy what gun it is and who i am buying it from, I write it in such a manor that they can not make a copy of it and use it again without whiteing out over lines on the form.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Alright, reeeaaallly stupid question, may have been asked, at work so don't have the time to read all the way through, but, I'm gonna assume you have to be 21, right?

Pretty confident on the answer here, I turn 21 in november, and all the fun things I find I have to wait for

captchaos1

Feb 7, 2011
    I just want to thank all of you for information in this thread. I sent my paperwork in 2/14/11 and have my FFL03 in hand today 3/15/11.
    Now to find something to add to my safe!

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    Most online dealers will ask you to upload or send a signed copy of your license to them. Then you can purchase C&R firearms over the internet and ship direct to your door.

A couple ???

(1)Can a C&R purchase be sent to a different address than what is on the license? (What I mean;home address on license,but have shipped to my buisiness address)

(2)Does the 50 yr. rule apply if said model is still in production ? ( i.e.1960 Win. model 70)

Shadow68

May 4, 2009
    AA Co.
    From my experience...

(1)Can a C&R purchase be sent to a different address than what is on the license? (What I mean;home address on license,but have shipped to my buisiness address))
    No - all firearms must be sent to the address on your license.

(2)Does the 50 yr. rule apply if said model is still in production ? ( i.e.1960 Win. model 70)
    I'm pretty certain that 50 years or older is the singular requirement when age-based eligibility is being considered...

From my experience...

No - all firearms must be sent to the address on your license.

I'm pretty certain that 50 years or older is the singular requirement when age-based eligibility is being considered...

Thanks.I usually have everything shipped to my business because (1)They can find it (2)Deliveries to a biz address arrive at a decent hr.

I'd assume any C&R delivery would have to be signed for,which is gonna suck if I'm not home :mad:

eric_2902

Retired Army
    Jan 13, 2010
    Conowingo
    This is a great thread. I submitted my C&R application on 3/27/11 and received license today 4/21/11. Hooah!

First purchase made today. Bought a Chinese Type 53 rifle (copy of Mosin M44)

Sonofagun

Mar 8, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    She lied, because that's where I sent mine!

T. N. Treschuk
    Cheif of Police
    Rockville City Police
    Department of Public Safety
    111 Maryland Avenue, Rockville, MD 20850

It's fine to send it there.

Mark

Markp,

Thanks for the info. I am sending off info today. Was going to use MCPD Rockville, MD address until I saw your posting.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Thanks for the info in this thread! I sent mine off and got it back 2 weeks after it was charged to my credit card... now to spend more money :-)

-Jim

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    I'd assume any C&R delivery would have to be signed for,which is gonna suck if I'm not home :mad:

I think you can have them ship UPS 'hold for pickup' at your local UPS facility (not a shipping store). Haven't requested it yet personally. But I almost always miss the regular delivery, have to call UPS, and pick it there anyway.

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    I have a quick question about the ATF Distribution Center Order Form. I see the form I need to order to get my C&R (can't wait!). What is the purpose of the first form on the list? It piqued my interest:

F 1 (5320.1) - Application to Make and Register a Firearm

Would this be a form a need to fill out in order to build my own AR eventually? What are the restrictions? Educate me!

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I have a quick question about the ATF Distribution Center Order Form. I see the form I need to order to get my C&R (can't wait!). What is the purpose of the first form on the list? It piqued my interest:

F 1 (5320.1) - Application to Make and Register a Firearm

Would this be a form a need to fill out in order to build my own AR eventually? What are the restrictions? Educate me!

no, i think this is the form to use if you want to make your own weapon, as in from scratch-manufacture a weapon from raw materials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom