• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I'm not gonna keep trying to explain it Vette, do what you want. Trust in one thing though, I am very good at my job and I won't say shit that I don't know for sure, especially when it deals with something as important as credit scores.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    Does Baltmore City count as a National Park? We all know it's full of plenty of wild animals.

that is a common mistake, there is a difference between a park that is zoned to preserve nature and a place artificially zoned to be a wild life refuge.

Don't worry people confuse parks and wild life refuges all the time.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    He was wrong, most bankers do not deal with credit, their lending departments do. I deal with credit every day and can tell you whether you can get a loan or not based on what I see. I also used to speak with lenders to secure credit and fight for the consumers to get them credit. I've been doing this for over 20 years and deal with multiple lenders and see well over 100 credit reports per month. You don't have to believe me, go close a few cards you aren't using and see what happens to your credit score.

can you get me some credit so i can buy more toys? ;)

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I also had opportunity to run credit checks doing sales many years ago and debt to credit ratio wasn't something provided to us. But the proof is in the pudding. My score went down and the only thing that changed was available credit.

ETA: I had the BofA card for 14 years, my oldest card. If I cancel it then I will have only cards opened since my divorce 3 years ago. Equifax indicated that "the length of time your accounts have been established" also affects the score.

Last edited:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I also had opportunity to run credit checks doing sales many years ago and debt to credit ratio wasn't something provided to us. But the proof is in the pudding. My score went down and the only thing that changed was available credit.

ETA: I had the BofA card for 14 years, my oldest card. If I cancel it then I will have only cards opened since my divorce 3 years ago. Equifax indicated that "the length of time your accounts have been established" also affects the score.

There are many many things that effect your credit score and those two are just minor point values. Keep in mind that running credit reports for a retail business like a jewelry store vs. running them, reading them, structuring loans and securing those loans are totally different. I don't deal with small ticket items and have helped many people build their credit.

You're score being in the high 700's still qualifies you to buy anything within your debt to income parameters and sometimes more depending on the lender. I would not worry in the least about the difference between a 790 and an 810, they both get you the best available interest rates, matter of fact, a 740 and above usually get that job done. Did you also know that you have different beacon scores depending on which agency they use and what your trying to buy?

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Yep, I fully understand what you're saying, every word, and appreciate you taking the time to help educate the masses. I understand. I know my score would make any loan officer happy to process my application. I'm just irritated that this happened and it affected my score. I'm the type of guy who spends a lot of time managing his money and reviewing accounts and I expect to see improvements, not a lower FICO score. That's my beef with BofA. Even if my score was 550 right now, I really wouldn't care because I don't need a loan and hope to never get one again. I hate bills. But, imagine being the guy with a 750 and getting hit with a 20 point drop due to his available credit being cut and then getting a higher interest rate on a new loan?

I'm not trying to argue, man, I'm just saying the credit to debt ratio is real and has an impact on the score because it happened to me. And, it's going to impact others.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Yep, I fully understand what you're saying, every word, and appreciate you taking the time to help educate the masses. I understand. I know my score would make any loan officer happy to process my application. I'm just irritated that this happened and it affected my score. I'm the type of guy who spends a lot of time managing his money and reviewing accounts and I expect to see improvements, not a lower FICO score. That's my beef with BofA. Even if my score was 550 right now, I really wouldn't care because I don't need a loan and hope to never get one again. I hate bills. But, imagine being the guy with a 750 and getting hit with a 20 point drop due to his available credit being cut and then getting a higher interest rate on a new loan?

I'm not trying to argue, man, I'm just saying the credit to debt ratio is real and has an impact on the score because it happened to me. And, it's going to impact others.

I understand, what you are not taking into consideration I think is the point value of having less available credit because of less accounts far outweighs the point value for debt to credit. Which is probably more of what I'm really trying to explain and having epic failure I think. Sorry for maybe not getting that across very well. A 20 point drop I think would take more than a debt to credit balance unless it was significant.

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    "Families should not have to stare down loaded AK-47s on nature hikes," said Brady campaign president Paul Helmke.

Hahaha! This is funny because the public knows that's not going to happen. Brady Bunch is looking even nuttier than before because they're getting angry and spewing off nonsense before thinking. Uhhh, existing laws permit AK-47's on every inch of land between the Airport and Yellowstone.

Ultimate Member
    keep this in mind for future gun legislation.

The gun amendment was approved 279 to 147, with 174 Republicans and 105 Democrats backing it; 145 Democrats and 2 Republicans opposed it.

I know Ron Paul did not vote for the Credit card bill, but I'm not sure who the 2 GOP's were that voted against guns. They need to go.

However, wow. 105 Dems for vs. 145 against. If they have 250 in the house (by adding those 2 numbers) then 42% could help us. We may be able to stop legislation. Talking about carrying in parks is a hard sell, but we did it (for now).

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    keep this in mind for future gun legislation.

I know Ron Paul did not vote for the Credit card bill, but I'm not sure who the 2 GOP's were that voted against guns. They need to go.

However, wow. 105 Dems for vs. 145 against. If they have 250 in the house (by adding those 2 numbers) then 42% could help us. We may be able to stop legislation. Talking about carrying in parks is a hard sell, but we did it (for now).

The biggest fear we are facing is if another or few VT, Columbine and/or Dunblane shootings occured and suddenly the media and gun control movement becomes extremely motivated in a focussed effort and single issue like something akin to what happened after 9/11 against terrorism passing the Patriot Act and they (many pro RKBA Dems and Reps alike) fear opposing some super major gun control bill introduced.

Also something major to fear is something like the ammendment to FOPA of 1986. The FOPA was great for gun owners untill some ammendment was snuck in making it impossible to register any newly manufactured machine guns. We are at risk of backdoor ammendments being attached against us too.

Ultimate Member
    The biggest fear we are facing is if another or few VT, Columbine and/or Dunblane shootings occured and suddenly the media and gun control movement becomes extremely motivated in a focussed effort and single issue like something akin to what happened after 9/11 against terrorism passing the Patriot Act and they (many pro RKBA Dems and Reps alike) fear opposing some super major gun control bill introduced.

Also something major to fear is something like the ammendment to FOPA of 1986. The FOPA was great for gun owners untill some ammendment was snuck in making it impossible to register any newly manufactured machine guns. We are at risk of backdoor ammendments being attached against us too.

ok, but what if we do the same thing Montana did? I guess we have to wait until that goes to the Supreme Court. I can't wait for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom