• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adjusterr

Mar 28, 2011
    Indian Springs, Western MD
    Here are a few "Good Coyotes" out of Washington County.

Attachments

• coyotes @ house.jpg
      coyotes @ house.jpg
      15.8 KB · Views: 408

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Nice pic and way more clear than my own pitiful underbrush phonecam attempt! I have been biking & hiking the Catoctin Trail regularly since 1997 and in all that time, I have only seen two and was rattled at by a third. One was flattened/dead from trying to cross Fishing Creek Rd, one was crossing the blue trail so I gently provoked him with a fallen branch just to hear him rattle and the third rattled at me after I disturbed him trying to be suave setting up a picnic lunch for my wife at the Rte 15 overlook. What's nuts is how some timbers have a very olivish tint to their banding that makes them near impossible to spot once Spring and Summer green the area back up. I don't know if it's an individual trait or a seasonal, dietary or environmental one but it sure makes me happy for their auditory alert.

I thought I saw on the Maryland DNR website that there were no poisonous snakes in Maryland?

recon4

Mar 1, 2012
    adjuster, any chance you want to point me in the right direction of any decent places to hunt yotes in md?

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I thought I saw on the Maryland DNR website that there were no poisonous snakes in Maryland?

There are Copperheads and Timber Rattlers in Md.

I have seen plenty of Copperheads in Central Md, several Timber Rattlers in Western Md., and have seen two Timber Rattlers (1995 or 1996) while on a large brush fire in Patapsco State Park in the Ellicott City area off of Rt 40.

Like coyotes, they are here....

juan_galto

This is my user title
    Oct 23, 2011
    I'm moderately tied up through the holidays, but I'd love to make some stands starting in January. Anybody interested?

I'm out in Sykesville but am thinking I'll probably look at going West.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    I have killed 3 copperheads in my backyard here in northern Frederick County, several in the nearby Catoctin mountains, as well as 1 rattler that made a very nice had band. This over a 20-year span, so there are not many, but they are here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom