• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    We won a go ahead and release we dare you. It was a Pyhric victory at best leaving us turning on each other.

You bring up a great point, that I've tried to make several times.

The ultimate goal--what with the bans, the hurdles, the delays, the HQL, etc.--is the complete dismantling of the firearms culture/industry in Maryland, and to use it as a test case for the same on the National level.

The Progressive Left is Maoist in that (paraphrasing)... The party must control the gun, and the gun should never be allowed to control the party.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    True there is a lot of infighting. I don't see the "I dare you" part.

Between the write up, media blitz just prior to the court document release and the Feds cutting off the NICS checks, their motive shines though.

They are looking for a transfer gone bad to use for next session. That is the dare.

And they are willing to sacrifice public safety at the alter of gun control.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    THIS!!

Kill them with kindness, people. "They" want nothing more than to point to us and say "See, I told you they were rabid gun nuts!!"

The gun cutouts, the Fawkes masks, the tacti-cuckoo outfits... all feed the stereotypes we have found DON'T help.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the stereotypes exist no matter how we act. Ask anyone not associated with the TEA Party about them, and just wait for the canned answer, even though TEA Party rallies have been nothing but clean, respectful, and peaceful.

Sooner or later that status quo will have to be broken, somehow.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland

If they cared about public safety they would not release armed robbers to home detention.
    Look at the news about the shootings in the City over the last week, how many of the shooters SHOULD have been in jail long ago. Maryland wants the crime, if they did not they would incarcerate the guilty. They need the crime so they can say "GUNS are evil, look at all the people that get killed by GUNS."

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Between the write up, media blitz just prior to the court document release and the Feds cutting off the NICS checks, their motive shines though.

They are looking for a transfer gone bad to use for next session. That is the dare.

This might become MD's Fast and Furious. They are intentionally plotting to get guns into the hands of criminals in the hopes of subverting the Constitution.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    This might become MD's Fast and Furious. They are intentionally plotting to get guns into the hands of criminals in the hopes of subverting the Constitution.

It's also like they are 'daring' us to do something stupid as a group with firearms so they can say "see, gun-nutz are crazy, and need to be controlled" ... The 'failed' Adam Kokesh July 4th rally for example.

"Keep your faith in God, but keep your powder dry" - Oliver Cromwell

Mr H

Banana'd
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the stereotypes exist no matter how we act. Ask anyone not associated with the TEA Party about them, and just wait for the canned answer, even though TEA Party rallies have been nothing but clean, respectful, and peaceful.

I don't disagree, but the less we feed it, and can prove the positives, the more backing we have.

This is going to be a long hard slog, and anyone wanting a quick fix is bound for disappointment.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

The current laws allow for the transfer on day 8. Any failure would be a failure on the part of MSP to process applications by their own rules. A bad transfer would be worse for MSP than anyone.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

Yes, they do exist, but do you feed them a 3 course meal? or try to break them?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    The current laws allow for the transfer on day 8. Any failure would be a failure on the part of MSP to process applications by their own rules. A bad transfer would be worse for MSP than anyone.

Really though? Even with the "May" mentality and the fact that they have sent (a few now) veiled threats about how they would prefer dealers subject the buyer to the full 100+ day wait?

Nah, I think the blame will (notice I didn't say would) fall squarely on the FLL, just as the MSP is planning on.

Good news is for those of us who KNOW for an absolute fact we are ND, we won't have to tinker around with the worry and stress. I was very confident and stress free when I picked up my last purchase (at 10 days without a response), little eerie knowing that for all intents I could have been a 2 time spouse abuser/life long drug addict and still crossed the threshold at the shop toting a handgun.

This is not going to end well, one way or another this cluster-ef will become a major major issue for law abiding gun owners and enthusiasts.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

But a transfer gone bad would go against the State and MSP in a very big way, I doubt it would benefit them as much as people think it will.

The MD SA has stated the only regulatory requirement for MSP is to return a Disapproved in 7 days.

If, MSP fails to return a disapproved in that 7 days,
    and the firearm is released,
    and the firearm is used in a crime,
    and it was found that the release was to a prohibited person
    and that person would not have received the firearm if MSP had done their regulatory duty, then MSP is on the hook big time for the "transfer gone bad."

Mr H

Banana'd
    IMO, what is being looked for is any excuse--regardless of "fault"--to break down the entire process as it currently exists, and restrict the snot out of us even further.

Hell... even a "good shoot" by a homeowner with a "pending" NTN could be turned in the media.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Really though? Even with the "May" mentality and the fact that they have sent (a few now) veiled threats about how they would prefer dealers subject the buyer to the full 100+ day wait?

Nah, I think the blame will (notice I didn't say would) fall squarely on the FLL, just as the MSP is planning on.

Good news is for those of us who KNOW for an absolute fact we are ND, we won't have to tinker around with the worry and stress.

See my post above why I think MSP will be just as responsible if not more.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

I see what you are saying. Why isn't (wasn't) it as simple as taking them to court and REQUIRING they complete the checks in 7 days then?

It shouldn't matter if this is whacked down to them simply entering a NICS check and calling it GTG.

Wheres the actual government accountability?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013

Seriously? In the court of public opinion? In this state?

Ya, it's all MSP's fault. We all know it. The law is on our side.

I see headlines in papers. Then the cries to do something. Now.

And the chess playing, and complete disregard for facts in the GA to get something through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom