• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Do we for certain know what suits will be filed, by whom, and at what level(s)???

This will be quite important I would think...

We are fairly certain NRA will file... but I've yet to hear anything as to grounds or authority.

Will there be others? GOA? NSSF?

Not holding my breath, but inquiring minds, and all that......

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Do we for certain know what suits will be filed, by whom, and at what level(s)???

This will be quite important I would think...

Yep. And who's been visiting the Governor's mansion... I am not kidding. Do they keep a log and can we file a PIA to get the list.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Well, it looks like Freestate is releasing firearms after 8 days now. From what they told me it's only for those with a history of ND's. So, I gather that means they would only know that if one bought a firearm from them and they had a record of it. This is the case with me as I just picked up my toy from an application submitted in late 04/13.

I know this has been discussed in previous posts, but haven't been on the computer for five days. My question is, if my ND verdict comes after 10/01, do I have to go through the sb281 BS?

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Nice. So if you are not at a dealer willing to release on time, and your firearm is in limbo for 100-150 days, Oct. 1 will hit and it will take them what, 6-9 months to get the HQL system running right?

As an added bonus, what if a shop holding firearms for applications after 10/01 goes out of business because of this fu*ked law with many pending?

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Well, it looks like Freestate is releasing firearms after 8 days now. From what they told me it's only for those with a history of ND's. So, I gather that means they would only know that if one bought a firearm from them and they had a record of it. This is the case with me as I just picked up my toy from an application submitted in late 04/13.

I know this has been discussed in previous posts, but haven't been on the computer for five days. My question is, if my ND verdict comes after 10/01, do I have to go through the sb281 BS?

Short answer
    Handguns will need an HQL to receive from a dealer after 10/1.
    All other types of guns will not need an HQL after 10/1, including scary black rifles.

Mr H

Banana'd

See if they will accept paperwork from NDs you've received elsewhere recently (assuming you have one).

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Short answer
    Handguns will need an HQL to receive from a dealer after 10/1.
    All other types of guns will not need an HQL after 10/1, including scary black rifles.

That's not what was previously thought. My question is, if one receives the transfer prior to 10/01 and not the ND, what is required? According to all of the previous threads/posts, a paid in full "purchase order/application" doesn't require anyone to be licensed if that took place before 10/01.

Mr H

Banana'd
    That's not what was previously thought. My question is, if one receives the transfer prior to 10/01 and not the ND, what is required? According to all of the previous threads/posts, a paid in full "purchase order/application" doesn't require anyone to be licensed if that took place before 10/01.

You are blending worlds here.

Long gun "assault weapons" (OK and "assault pistols") run on different rules than handguns under 281.

Mr H

Banana'd
    So, I gather that means they would only know that if one bought a firearm from them and they had a record of it. This is the case with me as I just picked up my toy from an application submitted in late 04/13.

Not understanding. Please clarify.

If the April purchase doesn't satisfy the "recent ND", if you have something more recent from a purchase elsewhere, see if they'll accept that paperwork as proof.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    WOW - had not thought of that - I guess some gun shops will close up - do they sell the guns and contents at auction - and who owns the limbo guns -
    wha a mess ---------- thank gawd it reduces crime

:sad20:

Yeah, then you get to find out all about bankruptcy laws. Kind of like what happens when you pay for something but the vendor goes bankrupt before you receive it.

I am guessing that the law would be different if the bankrupt dealer was the one selling the firearm directly to you versus just doing a transfer from an out of state seller to you. However, do not quote me on that.

Just continue to buy your ammo from your dealer so they stay in business. These firearms use more dollars in ammo than they actually cost to begin with.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    You are blending worlds here.

Long gun "assault weapons" (OK and "assault pistols") run on different rules than handguns under 281.

What I'm asking is, are all of those Marylander's that purchased regulated firearms before 10/01 subject to the laws that will apply after 10/01 if their n/d's come back AFTER 10/01?

According to someone I spoke with, this is what that dick gansler is going to enforce after it was understood that purchases prior to the law's enforcement would be exempt.

This is what I'm asking in light of these ffl's that are releasing early.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    What I'm asking is, are all of those Marylander's that purchased regulated firearms before 10/01 subject to the laws that will apply after 10/01 if their n/d's come back AFTER 10/01?

According to someone I spoke with, this is what that dick gansler is going to enforce after it was understood that purchases prior to the law's enforcement would be exempt.

They are not releasing early, they are releasing on time. :)

According to the AG, per the lawsuit documents, completing a transfer after the 7th day is legal and is called the "transfer".

The AG acknowledged that the State has an infinite amount of time to issue the ND.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    They are not releasing early, they are releasing on time. :)

According to the AG, per the lawsuit documents, completing a transfer after the 7th day is legal and is called the "transfer".

The AG acknowledged that the State has an infinite amount of time to issue the ND.

So then one must conclude that the ND taking so long is being done on purpose. According to the wait "curve", mine should have been only 60 to 90 days. It's getting progressively worse. The MSP has been stuck in the 04/10 to 04/16 ND area for weeks now. I'm seeing reports of 120+ days now.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    So then one must conclude that the ND taking so long is being done on purpose. According to the wait "curve", mine should have been only 60 to 90 days. It's getting progressively worse. The MSP has been stuck in the 04/10 to 04/16 ND area for weeks now. I'm seeing reports of 120+ days now.

We've known that for months.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie

The actual ND is irrelevant if you have the gun. If a dealer releases the firearm to you prior to 10/1 and the actual ND comes through after, you are still good to go because you already legally own the firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom