• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I dont get what makes these NFA? Can you just leave the sear out?

Nothing makes these NFA. Cash and carry, and go find a lower to put it with.

Many people have trepidation in installing M16 fire control groups and a full-auto BCG. It could be argued that in that state it's readily adaptable to a machine gun (with a DIAS).

I'm not sure what the current ATF opinion is, but in "AUTO", when firing without a sear it is possible to get slam-fires (via hammer follow). If "caught" doing this, the ATF would likely consider it a machine gun.

You can grind off the rear tab of the disconnector and use a semi-auto selector to avoid this.

Si vis pacem, para bellvm.

No3Griffin

Sep 16, 2013
    Finished my build.

Everything came together(pictures to come later) and went to range today with Colt(Russian made) 223 ammo. Then of course the other shoe dropped on me. First shot was fine action cycle loading a fresh round but hammer did not lock in the cocked position??? Had another shooter used some of the ammo and he had some problems also. Any ideas? 2nd thing was sighting in, after moving rear sight furthest left rounds were still impacting 12 to 16 inches to the right, Really any sugestions here!!!. Besides that looking good and hope to be shooting good soon.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Everything came together(pictures to come later) and went to range today with Colt(Russian made) 223 ammo. Then of course the other shoe dropped on me. First shot was fine action cycle loading a fresh round but hammer did not lock in the cocked position??? Had another shooter used some of the ammo and he had some problems also. Any ideas? 2nd thing was sighting in, after moving rear sight furthest left rounds were still impacting 12 to 16 inches to the right, Really any sugestions here!!!. Besides that looking good and hope to be shooting good soon.

I assume you built the gun and not engage? If you built it then its possible your sight tower was installed canted or the barrel is loose. As for the hammer issue that sounds like short stroking which could be anything from the BCG to the Gas Port to a Mis-Alligned FSB (Which can be related to your POI/POI issues)

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD

I think if it ejected the spent casing and loaded a fresh round for it not to cock would be an issue with the fire control group. Which fire control group did use in the build? Just in case, the FCG that came with the kit is for an M16 and could cause hammer follow.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD

Attachments

• DSC_2971.jpg
      DSC_2971.jpg
      54.6 KB · Views: 508

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Ooh, just seeing these makes me want to do a IDF Colt 653 SBR build, maybe chop the barrel to 13" like a Mekutzar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom