• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pez34a

Feb 17, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Finally finished my build of this kit. Nothing special, but she's mine:
    pBWdzKIl.jpg

• M16A1 parts kit consistent with production between '74 and '82 from Engage Armament (imported by IO)
    • NDS-16A1 Lower from Nodak Spud
    • 20" Pencil Barrel with front sight base from AR15sport.com
    • DPMS Semi-Auto Fire Control Group parts and sling swivel rivet from Brownells
    • Reproduction M1 style black canvas sling from Amazon

Its my first AR build. Pretty happy with the result! Should be really close to the model my Dad went through basic with.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Nice. I love how light and well balanced the early m16's were. Makes my 20" A2 Hbar feel like a tank.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I see pez's build and start getting flashbacks ... to when I was still playing with plastic army men. The German army men often got the flame thrower (matches) and landmine (firecracker) treatment.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Finally finished my build of this kit. Nothing special, but she's mine:
    pBWdzKIl.jpg

• M16A1 parts kit consistent with production between '74 and '82 from Engage Armament (imported by IO)
    • NDS-16A1 Lower from Nodak Spud
    • 20" Pencil Barrel with front sight base from AR15sport.com
    • DPMS Semi-Auto Fire Control Group parts and sling swivel rivet from Brownells
    • Reproduction M1 style black canvas sling from Amazon

Its my first AR build. Pretty happy with the result! Should be really close to the model my Dad went through basic with.

Thats awesome bro. Very cool

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I want one too! But for some reason I have $275 stuck in my head for the price. I wonder why I haven't picked one up yet, especially when I go by the shop and see them sitting there. Then reality sets in when I remember the real price (which is fair by the way, but I'm cheap). Maybe a discount to those who purchased a lower? (I can dream can't I?)

What would a barrel for M16 got for?

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Still have a couple left

Do you have any with early parts? I am putting together a XM16 retro gun. Need Chrome bolt, Cast Front sight post without hole under the front sight post. Stock with no trap door, grayish upper receiver....etc.

If I can pick up a few of those early parts I would not mind buying a complete kit.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I just came home from Afghanistan on emergency leave and while I was there I managed to get a lower but didn't make it to get one of these kits. I am interested but I wont leave here until like February. Is there any way I could order one online or something or just use my card to have one shipped to my friend to hold on until Feb/March? Also now that the full rifle is banned can I still have one put together at my FFL manufacturer that I like, or does this mean I would have to put it all together myself if I purchased one?

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    I just came home from Afghanistan on emergency leave and while I was there I managed to get a lower but didn't make it to get one of these kits. I am interested but I wont leave here until like February. Is there any way I could order one online or something or just use my card to have one shipped to my friend to hold on until Feb/March? Also now that the full rifle is banned can I still have one put together at my FFL manufacturer that I like, or does this mean I would have to put it all together myself if I purchased one?

You or your friend can give us a call and pay over the phone.
    I do believe we'll still be able to assemble a rifle on your lower.

Still waiting to hear back also from PM. How long will you be in the Philipines?

Answered.

No3Griffin

Sep 16, 2013
    Came today!

Came today:D, Postman was late must have had a double route. All parts looked good to great except Triangular hand guard cap smashed in and the bolt catch was not in the parts bag:sad20:, But plate cracked but repairable, within my capabilities(I hope:innocent0). If not easily replaced. Semi long term project Hoorah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom