• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Well hello and welcome to MDShooters.com! I certainly wasn't expecting that! :)

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate you taking an honest an unbiased look at it. I couldn't imagine someone from CNN or any other news network taking the time to make an account here and speaking with us about it. Thank you.

Just found this thread.

Absolutely Agree.

Thank you.

Caught 7 minutes of the show last night and it was a fair 7 minutes.

It's on again at mid-night tonight.

Can't wait.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    It was far from balanced, but it was a better attempt at it than anything we've gotten in quite a long time, and I will give them a :thumbsup: for that. It's a start, at least.

Our team wanted to understand the AR-15’s immense popularity on both sides of the debate and go beyond the clichés. Portraying the AR-15 negatively is not the objective of the documentary and we can reassure all owners and enthusiasts that we aren’t choosing a side.

Here’s a clip from the special: http://cnb.cx/Zg19V7.

“America’s Gun: The Rise of the AR-15” premieres tomorrow Thursday, April 25th aat 10p ET/PT.

Ban. Now.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    +1 for Box O' Truth — it is a good reference. For anyone interested, here is the link: http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot14.htm

Absolutely! I'd like to see some analysis put forth into an informational regarding the .223 as optimal for HD due to it being less likely to over-penetrate — providing that is, the correct ammunition is being used.

My own research turns up similar results to your own. I've read that some SWAT use Winchester Ballistic Silver Tip, somewhat lighter projectile (50 grains) and always aiming for center mass.

The ballistics of the .223 and the 5.56 are widely known. If you want to read up on it, I suggest Book of The AR, Volume 1. There is a section in there about the ballistics of the 55gr in gelatin and how different bullet weights react upon hitting specific barriers.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    The ballistics of the .223 and the 5.56 are widely known.

Yes, that is true — among us, that is, a large portion of the gun community. A genuine informational piece for the television, like what this CNBC AR-15 special could have been, would be good for the general public to view. That was more or less what my comment suggested.

If you want to read up on it, I suggest Book of The AR, Volume 1. There is a section in there about the ballistics of the 55gr in gelatin and how different bullet weights react upon hitting specific barriers.

Thank you, I'm already pretty familiar with the .223/5.56 ballistics, but you can never have enough education. I've not heard of that book and will look out for it.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Could have been way worse guys. I envisioned 1 full hour of weeping mothers and talk about machine gun clips. As an early post said: "no matter what, the show will help sell another million AR's"

JohnK

Feb 10, 2013
    I have just seen parts of the shows. There is a missing fact that needs to be included. The show made references to a military gun becoming popular among civilians. Well, the history of the United States includes many military firearms becoming popular with civilians.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I have just seen parts of the shows. There is a missing fact that needs to be included. The show made references to a military gun becoming popular among civilians. Well, the history of the United States includes many military firearms becoming popular with civilians.

Yeah baby.... That's why I have Garands, M1 Carbines and 1903s.
    None of that commie/Nazi crap though.

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    I watched it again ( had it on my TiVo ). While it starts out decent, it ends on the extremist and bodily damage note. They also pull stunts like saying in 2011 only 4% of shootings involved rifles and failed to mention how many of those were due to AR15s although they say, "fewer." Which could be any where from .001 to 3.99%.

One of the tricks in entertainment (and that is what I would classify this as) is that people remember how you start and how you end. The middle is pretty much forgotten.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Yes, that is true — among us, that is, a large portion of the gun community. A genuine informational piece for the television, like what this CNBC AR-15 special could have been, would be good for the general public to view. That was more or less what my comment suggested.

Thank you, I'm already pretty familiar with the .223/5.56 ballistics, but you can never have enough education. I've not heard of that book and will look out for it.

A link directly to the paperback (?) copy.
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/The-...ok+of+the+ar&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

Feb 28, 2013
    Damn. It would have to run at the same time as Ax Men. Oh well. I'd rather watch loggers than a bunch of AR-15 bashers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom