• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DennisCA

So I ordered some 30-06 ammo from CMP on July 31st and finally it shipped!
    It was suppose to be delivered yesterday, (Aug 30 via FedEx) however that was not meant to be! Since it required a adult signature, my wife stayed home in the morning - I came back from work and stay home in the afternoon. FedEx didn't come in the morning and they didn't in the afternoon.
    I called FedEx several times and they said the same thing; it's on the truck and it will be delivered.
    About 7PM I called them since it was getting late and they told me the driver tired to deliver it but nobody was at home! Now get this; the driver just happened to not scan it nor did he leave a "missed delivery" note.
    When FedEx told me that I exploded - big time! That FedEx driver is a lying, lazy SOB! Oh wait it gets better: Since it came via FedEx-ground, I wouldn't be able to get until Tuesday! I told them no thanks but I'll pick them up!
    Now I had plan to go to the range on sat to test fire my new-acquired 1903a3but thanks to a lazy FedEx driver that didn't happen!
    I have all emailed FedEx with a not-so-nice email and I plan to send a letter to FedEx corp headquarters on Tuesday. I hope that lying sack of crap driver gets canned! I had several gun deliveries to my home done via UPS and never had a problem!
    Anyone had a similar problem with FedEx????

Americus

Feb 9, 2013
    yeah... they're always afraid to knock on the door like a man.

are they afraid they're gonna break it or something?

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    YES!!! I got a surprise email Friday that my CMP M1 Garand was being delivered that day. My girlfriend was kind enough to sit at the house to sign. She got there 30 min before the estimated delivery time. Had the window shades up and the door open. At 1040, the site shows tried to deliver. Total ******** as she's watching the street and both doors. I at work in between cases and call. It takes so long to get a person and then for a reason I can't really explain I lose my cool too early (maybe because in the time it takes to get this far my next patient is waiting for me already sedated and the nurses are beating on the window for me and calling me overhead) and I tell the guy I'll just pick it up but I want a manager to call. In the middle of the case I get a text that I read after the case that the gun was delivered after all just more than an hour later than stated. At least I got my delivery. Sorry you got really screwed.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I think if I remember right CMP ships ammo fed ex ground which in some areas if not all aren't even delivered by fed ex employees, rather the routes are owned by contractor/franchise owners. I don't know if the same applies to the trucks delivering the next day deliveries (used for the rifles). Both of my delivery guys (ground and regular fed ex) are great, but as is apparent, results vary. Not this has anything to do with anything, but an interesting fact I recently learned I figured I would share.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I know my UPS guy way too well. (no, not that way Chad)

His only shortcoming is if the door is open and only the storm door is between him and the dogs. He has an irrational and unfounded fear...

Anyhow, he is on 95% of the time. I always offer him something cold to drink and greet him warmly when I'm home ( no, no that way MOPAR). He rocks.

The FedEx guy isn't ... Almost never the same person. Makes getting to know them/building trust more of a challenge.

Anyhow... UPS gets my vote for dependability. FEDEX not so much.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I have had delivery problems like the OP described several times. I even took off a day of work in order to receive a delivery and the pos driver said delivery attempted. I was home ALL day and lost a day's pay only to have some lazy, lying pos not do their job. I was lucky enough to spot the Fed Ex delivery truck at a local shopping center once after they said that delivery was attempted, caught up to them and asked if they had a package for me. Got lucky that time. I avoid Fed Ex and DHL like the plague. Never had a problem with UPS.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I had an issue once where I had ordered a ton of pc equipment to build a desktop. I was waiting at home to get the package on a Friday night.

Watched the driver go straight by my house. Looked at tracking and it said nobody was home.

Royally pissed. Sounded like he wanted to start his weekend early. I called the facility and bitched until they allowed me to come pick it up.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I signed up FedEx account like UPS and had my last ammo order sent to a FedEx center
    Will CMP ship UPS if you ask?
    FedEx will call tends to some times be late by a day but at least I get it

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    I refuse to get anything that must ship via FedEx since they partnered with USPS for some deliveries. First shipment I got this way, the idiot driver dropped them off at the abandoned building next door. Didn't even put them under the porch roof, left them out so when we figured out what happened a week later the box had gotten soaked through. Needless to say, both USPS and FedEx got to hear an earful on that one.

anand14

Jul 24, 2012
    I had a similar issue: I waited for the appointed time and they never showed. I left the house and they showed up half hour after I had left. I used their website to hold the package at a FedEx office (and they said they would). I waited for a week (went to the local facility almost every day) and finally ended up calling the operator. They had held it at the White Marsh FedEx facility as it said "Small Arms" on the box but neglected to inform me. Their communication is awful.

dancnr

Jul 27, 2011
    Washington County
    I havent had a total miss like that with fedex, They have always left the note on the door at least. But their delivery times vary wildly. I have had them show up at 8:30 am and after 5 pm. UPS always keeps mid morning.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Ive had several deliveries from fed ex UPS last few weeks where they seemingly wave the box at the door like a Jedi, and if you dont open it within 15 seconds off they go. I have a note on my door that my neighbor will sign for packages if Im not home, and this last time my neighbor was outside in her driveway and FedEx said no one was home.
    Anymore, once I get a notice, I just redirect the shipment to the local FedEx store or the Sparks hub for UPS if possible and then go pick it up myself. Its not worth the frustration.

dan8480

Gun Addict
    Feb 23, 2008
    Adams County
    I refuse to get anything that must ship via FedEx since they partnered with USPS for some deliveries. First shipment I got this way, the idiot driver dropped them off at the abandoned building next door. Didn't even put them under the porch roof, left them out so when we figured out what happened a week later the box had gotten soaked through. Needless to say, both USPS and FedEx got to hear an earful on that one.

UPS does the same thing, they use USPS for final delivery. If someone offers free UPS/fedex shipping, usually this is the route it will take. It is called UPS SurePost/Fedex SmartPost. Saves a few bucks on shipping, but the USPS reliability is hit or miss...The only good thing about this service, is the package will still be delivered on a saturday since it is USPS delivering it...

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    UPS does the same thing, they use USPS for final delivery. If someone offers free UPS/fedex shipping, usually this is the route it will take. It is called UPS SurePost/Fedex SmartPost. Saves a few bucks on shipping, but the USPS reliability is hit or miss...The only good thing about this service, is the package will still be delivered on a saturday since it is USPS delivering it...

I taught it was the Post Office that used UPS and FedEx to move the packages to their system.

I had a package coming through UPS Surepost. UPS sent me an email saying that they could keep the package in the UPS system and deliver it for an extra $3.50 and I would get it a day earlier.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I'm convinced that if a package is due to be delivered the day before a holiday weekend. your chances of actually getting it delivered are greatly reduced. The same thing happened to me just before July 4th weekend ... stayed home all day, and was actually at the kitchen table, facing down the driveway, when the UPS person entered that nobody was home. On top of all that, I have two labs who announce the arrival of anyone coming down our drive.

She be a lyin' ass bee-yahtch!

On the other hand, the guy who is her sub is a super decent dude. Last time he delivered a handgun to me, we got talking, and I ended up taking him shooting. (BTW ... he assures me that the UPS drivers ALL know what handgun and rifle boxes look and feel like.)

I really don't like Fed Up for any signature required deliveries. Like many posts, the driver never showed up or left a missed you form and the website said no one available to sign. This has happened more than I like. UPS on the other hand gets it right and they have even re-delivered the same day after I called. Fed Up does deliver on Saturday at no extra cost. Just my 2 cents.

Paladin

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    Feb 23, 2011
    I must be blessed in Carroll County, the USPS side is delivered by the same route driver that does the regular stuff. (Very Rural Route here!!). In three years UPS and FedEx have, combined, only lost 1 shipment. Finally, since I'm not a FFL all my guns go to my FFL and his UP / FedEx and USPS drivers are also his clients.

Smitch521

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2013
    Salisbury
    I absolutely hate dealing with FedEx! I placed an order for some Garand food through the CMP and the driver must have never left the truck. I was home the whole day and never heard a knock. I had to request that the package be held at a local facility and pick it up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom