• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    This is one of the reasons people lurk. A fine example of "forum snobbery". Not everyone has the courage to post on internet sites for fear of being vilified. I am not saying this is the case here, however, people have questions. I know things that you don't, and vice versa. If you can't be civil... hit the eject button and move to another thread. Your statement puts you above us common people who are reading these threads for information or maybe just strike up a conversation and possibly meet that new friend that shares a common interest. I may know a lot more about Clyde's than I am letting out. You don't know me, nor do I know you. But I do know this, the only dumb question is that which is not asked. I apologize for interrupting the thread.

Really, you think I went to far? Do you think that maybe there are some dumb questions that should not be asked. If I want to find out when you cut your grass, should I call Clyde and ask him or should I ask you?

The OP asked if anyone knew when Clyde get shipments in. I just said on my first post, (before he was a smart ass) that I did not know, why don't you ask him?

Do you think that sometimes people just start new threads just for the sake of starting new threads? Anyopne can post or start a thread, But come on people. A question like when a store does something...Just ask the store. I mean whay don't I start 50 new threads with questions like. What time does Clyde open?, what time does Clyde close? What days does Clyde get shipments of rifles? Pistols? Ammo? What price is Clyde selling 38's this week?

If I did, someone should tell me to call Clyde and ask Clyde!

Now your the posting police?

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I kinda agree with you merlin but I was just sitting here wondering if the the guys who wack off to the the ponies catch this much grief :lol2:

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Well I guess I am not entitled to my opinion so I will just back away and marvel over all of the things you have to post. How wonderful they will be and for everything I need to know about life, I will just search all of the posts that you have made and my life will be just fine. I don't think I am the one doing the policing. I do believe that you did ridicule the OP for his question. I will now bow down to you Mr. Frosh as your humble servant. After reading your 3600+ posts Merlin, I will definitely know the meaning of Life...

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Well I guess I am not entitled to my opinion so I will just back away and marvel over all of the things you have to post. How wonderful they will be and for everything I need to know about life, I will just search all of the posts that you have made and my life will be just fine. I don't think I am the one doing the policing. I do believe that you did ridicule the OP for his question. I will now bow down to you Mr. Frosh as your humble servant. After reading your 3600+ posts Merlin, I will definitely know the meaning of Life...
    Just think about what your saying. It's not as if someone wanted to talk about Colts and they got jumped on for talking about S&W.

So it's OK if I call Clyde to find out when you cut your grass? That makes sense to you?

A question like when any shop gets a shipment is better to ask the shop. What if I said Mondays, and another guy said that he thinks it's Friday. Then a third guy chimes in and said as long as he has been dealing with Clyde it's been Wednesdays. And we all could be wrong. For a question like that just call Clyde. I thought I was giving good advice when I told him to just call and ask Clyde. That's what I would do if I wanted to know when Clyde did something.

I had no idea that I was going to get the (I want to ask what I want to ask) like a little kid tantrum.

And then you chime in with your (it so hard for some to post because they are so frighten) book. Really? Some are frighten to post but they want to own and carry guns?

I can't wait for the "What number is the owner of the gun range thinking of?" thread.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Again, Mr. Merlin... I humble myself before you. Your opinion matters, mine don't. I shall maintain a modest post count and profit from your wisdom.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Been going to Clyde's since 1982. I've seen him wear a lot of plaid over the years. Maybe that's his favorite color.

I had to laugh at that because that's about how ling I've been shopping there and I've seen every one of this plaid shirts.

Mr H

Banana'd

Just use the Charm of Making......:innocent0

punkinabox

Apr 3, 2013
    Glenburnie
    Really? Talk about waist of time questions to the group.
    "'When does Clyde's get their ammo delivery?" And you think that is a constructive question to ask the group when you can just as easy ask Clyde, the person you talking about? Who should know better then Clyde?

Do you also want to know his store hours? Might as well ask us instead of Clyde because that is so constructive and not a waist of time just so you can see you post to the site.

Sorry to have inconvenienced you. There's plenty of people who had no problem answering so obviously it's not that much of a waste of forum space.

Your screen name is fitting

My screen name is fitting? All I did was ask a question, if you didn't like it you don't have to answer. You also didn't need to jump on the Internet gangsta bandwagon to be a cool kid on an Internet forum. No disrespect to you or Merlin but your responses aren't needed.

punkinabox

Apr 3, 2013
    Glenburnie
    Just think about what your saying. It's not as if someone wanted to talk about Colts and they got jumped on for talking about S&W.

So it's OK if I call Clyde to find out when you cut your grass? That makes sense to you?

A question like when any shop gets a shipment is better to ask the shop. What if I said Mondays, and another guy said that he thinks it's Friday. Then a third guy chimes in and said as long as he has been dealing with Clyde it's been Wednesdays. And we all could be wrong. For a question like that just call Clyde. I thought I was giving good advice when I told him to just call and ask Clyde. That's what I would do if I wanted to know when Clyde did something.

I had no idea that I was going to get the (I want to ask what I want to ask) like a little kid tantrum.

And then you chime in with your (it so hard for some to post because they are so frighten) book. Really? Some are frighten to post but they want to own and carry guns?

I can't wait for the "What number is the owner of the gun range thinking of?" thread.

All of this is your opinion. Just because you feel that way doesn't make any of us wrong. I didn't post "just to see myself post". I posted because I had a question. If you don't want to answer it, you don't have to but that doesn't give you the right to make me feel wrong for asking it. If you have a problem with something I post then report me to a moderator. Don't try to belittle me because you feel superior to my apparently "waste of space question". Once again, IN YOUR OPINION.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I had to laugh at that because that's about how ling I've been shopping there and I've seen every one of this plaid shirts.

Well plaid shirts aside Clyde has a special place for Mr. & Mrs. BigSteve57. When I got engaged to Mrs. BigSteve57 she asked what I wanted for a wedding gift. I said a Browning Auto 5. Well we both went to Clyde's and bought a brand new A5 off the rack which Clyde sold us personally. I still of course have it today and hunt with it. It's in pristine condition.

And before you all get to it YES it was therefore a kind of a shotgun wedding!!! :lol2:

I think I'm getting all teary eyed...

rewound

Apr 5, 2013
    I'm not trying to get in on the he said/she said stuff here...and I didn't read EVERY post between the start of the thread and the end...

But maybe the OP asked the question in the forum so it could be used as a reference at a later time by other forum members?

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Well plaid shirts aside Clyde has a special place for Mr. & Mrs. BigSteve57. When I got engaged to Mrs. BigSteve57 she asked what I wanted for a wedding gift. I said a Browning Auto 5. Well we both went to Clyde's and bought a brand new A5 off the rack which Clyde sold us personally. I still of course have it today and hunt with it. It's in pristine condition.

And before you all get to it YES it was therefore a kind of a shotgun wedding!!! :lol2:

I think I'm getting all teary eyed...

Good story! Plaid shirts and West side landmarks. I seem to recall hearing that Clyde started business as a bait stand. Before my time, but I can't recall a time when Clyde's wasn't around. Many a good story started there in one form or another for me too over the years, with firearms and fishing both.

mcsurgeon

Jun 10, 2009
    catonsville,md
    just been at clyde's yesterday, saw an assault weapon for sale $47 only, with a tactical light on it, but for single use only. anyone who just dropped by lately would know what i mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom