• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • punkinabox

Apr 3, 2013
    Glenburnie
    Anyone know how often or when Clyde's in lansdowne gets ammo in? Is it just random or a certain day? They almost never have ammo in there when I've been lately.

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Last time I got ammo there they were tight lipped trying to reserve it for current customers who purchased guns there. I'm not saying this is always the case, but I appreciate them looking after their regulars. What I purchased was not in plain sight, I pleasantly requested an employee to check for me.
    This is my go to FFL and fishing info house.

RAF

MDS Supporter
    Dec 24, 2012
    I haven't stepped foot in there since I got a bunch of chit buying a hunting license years back.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Hmmm... Geeez... I must not be a "regular" enough customer there... Was told... "what you see...is what we've got". I will have to request more "pleasantly"-er...next time I'm there.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    I have got that speal from a shop before about selling to those who buy a gun. What is the difference... They are making the same money either way.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Let's see, you can make a customer happy that spent many hundreds of dollars (or thousands) in your shop. Or make a customer happy that only wants to buy a couple of boxes of ammo. Ever run a business? You keep your BIG customers happy first.

I have shopped at Clyde's for many years. Always pleasant and they do have things in stock at times these days.

realjoecool

MDS Supporter
    Aug 6, 2012
    I like clydes. They do keep a few boxes back for gun sales which I understand since someone is putting a lot of money down and naturally would want ammo for it. fyi I bought 100 rds of 223, 100 rds of 9mm and 125 rds of 38 yesterday. Only the 38 was on the shelf, but when I asked for 223, Mr. Clyde came out with 100 rds loose and 9mm which I didn't ask for but bought anyway. I consider myself a regular there.

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    I like clydes. They do keep a few boxes back for gun sales which I understand since someone is putting a lot of money down and naturally would want ammo for it. fyi I bought 100 rds of 223, 100 rds of 9mm and 125 rds of 38 yesterday. Only the 38 was on the shelf, but when I asked for 223, Mr. Clyde came out with 100 rds loose and 9mm which I didn't ask for but bought anyway. I consider myself a regular there.

How much was he asking for 100 rounds of .223 if you don't mind me asking. He's relatively local to me but I haven't been in his shop since I was a kid buying a fishing license with my grandfather lol.

punkinabox

Apr 3, 2013
    Glenburnie
    I don't know, but why not ask them?

Because I have the right to ask wherever I want, I chose here. If you don't have anything constructive to say then don't waste your finger strength typing a response.

To everyone who was constructive, thank you. Clyde's is my go to FFL As well but I've been very busy lately and haven't been able to visit as much as I'd like. Though the last few times i went all the shelves were empty of popular calibers. I didnt ask if they had any. I guess i should. Also, I'm on day 50 something waiting for my glock 19 and stopping in there as much as I used to just makes me depressed thinking about when ill actually be able to pick up my firearm.

realjoecool

MDS Supporter
    Aug 6, 2012
    It was expensive a little less than 70 cents a round, but I "wanted" it and was just happy to see some.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Because I have the right to ask wherever I want, I chose here. If you don't have anything constructive to say then don't waste your finger strength typing a response.

To everyone who was constructive, thank you. Clyde's is my go to FFL As well but I've been very busy lately and haven't been able to visit as much as I'd like. Though the last few times i went all the shelves were empty of popular calibers. I didnt ask if they had any. I guess i should. Also, I'm on day 50 something waiting for my glock 19 and stopping in there as much as I used to just makes me depressed thinking about when ill actually be able to pick up my firearm.

Really? Talk about waist of time questions to the group.
    "'When does Clyde's get their ammo delivery?" And you think that is a constructive question to ask the group when you can just as easy ask Clyde, the person you talking about? Who should know better then Clyde?

Do you also want to know his store hours? Might as well ask us instead of Clyde because that is so constructive and not a waist of time just so you can see you post to the site.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Let's see, you can make a customer happy that spent many hundreds of dollars (or thousands) in your shop. Or make a customer happy that only wants to buy a couple of boxes of ammo. Ever run a business? You keep your BIG customers happy first.

I have shopped at Clyde's for many years. Always pleasant and they do have things in stock at times these days.

Never been there... but will have to drop in sometime (especially now that I work close by).

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    :lol2:Good one and your right.

Anyone know what Clyde's favorite color is.

Been going to Clyde's since 1982. I've seen him wear a lot of plaid over the years. Maybe that's his favorite color.

Last edited:

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Really? Talk about waist of time questions to the group...

... because that is so constructive and not a waist of time just so you can see you post to the site.

This is one of the reasons people lurk. A fine example of "forum snobbery". Not everyone has the courage to post on internet sites for fear of being vilified. I am not saying this is the case here, however, people have questions. I know things that you don't, and vice versa. If you can't be civil... hit the eject button and move to another thread. Your statement puts you above us common people who are reading these threads for information or maybe just strike up a conversation and possibly meet that new friend that shares a common interest. I may know a lot more about Clyde's than I am letting out. You don't know me, nor do I know you. But I do know this, the only dumb question is that which is not asked. I apologize for interrupting the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom