• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Am I the only one thinking about getting one to put in my gun room/basement? With my carry permit seemingly inevitable at this point I'm going to be loading and unloading guns in my home with greater frequency.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    don't know why you would think unloading would be equal to shooting off rounds ????

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Never was a blip on my radar. Fill a 5 gallon bucket with sand and put it in the corner of the room. There ya go.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Am I the only one thinking about getting one to put in my gun room/basement? With my carry permit seemingly inevitable at this point I'm going to be loading and unloading guns in my home with greater frequency.
    I see the point at an armory or weapon storage for large number of people and you needed to verify it was an empty weapon like it was when I was in basic but at home I do not see the point. unholster drop the mag lock back the slide and check the chamber. If its a revolver pop the cylinder.

Atomevolution

Mar 29, 2014
    If you feel like it's beneficial and provides a feeling of safety, go for it. They seem to be around the $600-1000 mark. To me, the cost - benefit isn't there. I might consider a homemade one. Plenty of options for that.

Just food for thought, wouldn't pointing the gun in a safe direction and towards something that would have a low likelihood of ricochet be almost as effective in the case of an accidental or negligent discharge?

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The only time armorers or smiths use bullet traps is to check function. To make sure the gun actually fires as designed. What am I missing?

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    If it makes you feel safer, go for it.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Just food for thought, wouldn't pointing the gun in a safe direction and towards something that would have a low likelihood of ricochet be almost as effective in the case of an accidental discharge?
    There's no such thing as "accidental discharge."

NEGLIGENT discharge is what you are discussing.

Atomevolution

Mar 29, 2014
    There's no such thing as "accidental discharge."

NEGLIGENT discharge is what you are discussing.
    A mechanical fault causing the discharge of firearm isn't classified as accidental?

That said, I did mean both accidental and negligent. I did not mean to use the words interchangeably. My post has been updated for accuracy.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    A mechanical fault causing the discharge of firearm isn't classified as accidental?

That said, I did mean both accidental and negligent. I did not mean to use the words interchangeably. My post has been updated for accuracy.
    It might be an awful long time for that accidental discharge, just standing there pointing into that barrel waiting for the pistol to go off.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It might be an awful long time for that accidental discharge, just standing there pointing into that barrel waiting for the pistol to go off.
    Remington 700 anyone?

If in hurry, just drop the Sig in the ground. But make sure it’s pointed in to the bullet trap :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom