• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I wasn't interested in an AR per se (never have been) but I had my eye on a Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 for quite some time. I figured it would make a good first rifle for my kid, and with the collapsable stock would be a great fit for both her & for me to shoot.

I went in Thursday afternoon and the lines were still long (10 in front of me when I got there) but after a long time in the back checking with his suppliers Mark was able to find one for me special order and I was darned glad to snap it up.

As Billman said Mark isn't gouging his customers - building up loyalty that will last much longer than this current buying frenzy. My last two firearm purchases have been with 2A and I can guarantee my next two will be as well.

Indeed the money I spent on the M&P15-22 I had been setting aside for a Kahr CM9 for my wife once Woollard (or the SCOTUS in another case) breaks our way. But given the spill-over effect from the AR purchases to even look-alikes in other sizes like what I bought above, clearly it was the right thing to do for me to swap the order of my purchases.

Only now, I have to start with the piggy bank reset to zero again for the CM9, sigh.

Oh, one other thing. Although I'm an active MDS and MSI member, I don't have the funds to actually buy as much hardware as I know a lot of other people do. So I get in to 2A Sales really once in a very blue moon. I was a bit surprised, therefore, to see that Mark remembered my name from such a long time back, given how many customers walk through his door regularly. Impressive. Obviously I only have good things to say about his establishment.

Shutterbug

Have camera, will travel!
    Nov 24, 2012
    AACo
    I sat through 30 minutes of US1 NB traffic (wtf - I'm 10 minutes from them) to be greeted by a huge crowd inside the store. So much for making an impulse purchase today, although I have to go back to pick up my gun tomorrow anyway. Hope those who were in got what they were looking for. If not, I'll buy it tomorrow. :)

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    I wonder if Virginia is seeing the same thing? I was at the Fredericksburg show this weekend and there was no shortage. I guess the next option would be to buy out of state then have it shipped to a FFL.

I have several friends and family in the Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Va. Beach area as well as extended family in Mobile, Al...they are all reporting similar situations

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Yeah, its not just MD ... its nation wide ... that's why I don't think they can get anything thru the coming congress ... they'd have a better chance later this week than next year.

Wynter

Jul 27, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    This makes me wish that I had bought an extra AR to sell for a profit. The buying spree makes me glad that I bought my AR and AK rifles first, then started in on the rimfire and archery items.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY

Attachments

• surprised cat.jpg
      surprised cat.jpg
      3.6 KB · Views: 786

angler

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm in AZ for the holidays and there isn't a single 30 round mag left in Pima County. Nor any AR's.....

Celtic159

Nov 27, 2008
    Poolesville
    Mark, I'd love to come get another gun from you this week when I get my lower, but after all I've gotten over the last couple of weeks, my wife would shoot me.

Shutterbug

Nov 24, 2012
    AACo
    Walking out with an MP15-22 that someone didn't take home with them on Saturday! Woo-hoo! Good way to spend the afternoon!

Shutterbug

Nov 24, 2012
    AACo
    As I was leaving, the FedEx guy dropped off three more long boxes, and two smaller ones. Someone else came in with a few boxes of ammo. Not sure what was in the long boxes, but stopping by this week might not be a bad idea if you're looking for nothing in particular.

spitfire481

Mar 31, 2012
    Glen Burnie Md
    Got my lower today, and managed not to buy anything new. The joint's cleaned out.....Really slim pickings on the wall.

Picked up my rifle today as well, definitely slim pickings. Hopefully stock keeps trickling in so they can keep pushing product. Mark, you should start stocking up on pens for all that paperwork you guys have before the prices rise because of the current situation :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom