• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Felons are getting gun rights back

Since states are starting to pass clean slate laws, a law sealing the criminal record once the setence has been served. We will see more felons allowed to become armed again.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I have no problem with this. If you served your time, you should have your rights restored.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    i'm torn on this , should the guy who had one too many joints in his bag back in the day be able to buy a gun ? sure . should the guy who committed armed robbery and attempted murder be allowed to buy a gun ? i say no way .

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    MDS has changed my mind on this.

If that's how dangerous you are, don't let them out of jail. :shrug:
    Until you see the process by which we decide to incarcerate violent criminals... I have no faith in the process.

That said, I'm generally neutral to restoring gun rights because if they want guns, they are getting guns regardless of the law.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    i'm torn on this , should the guy who had one too many joints in his bag back in the day be able to buy a gun ? sure . should the guy who committed armed robbery and attempted murder be allowed to buy a gun ? i say no way .
    What about a long kitchen knife or a baseball bat? Can he buy those other frequently used tools of murder? If so, no concerns about him using them?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I think many years ago i would have been a Hell-No on this issue, but as i get more education on the issues of freedoms and life in general we all deserve a second chance.
    Like with anything in life there are going to be good & bad, but i want a free society and always follow the Constitution as it was written.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    They would have to prove they deserve that right restored.

I prefer not to live in a theoretical world.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    I'll also be a quasi outlier here. I'm ok with non-violent felons having their rights restored. Martha Stewart comes to mind! Tax evaders, and many other non-violent felonies out there.

Violent Felons is another story for me.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Violent Felons is another story for me.
    But you're OK with them being out on the street with access to a jillion ways to hurt or kill other people, not even counting their bare hands? Are you banking on their promise to society that they won't once again hurt anybody, but just don't trust them to keep that promise if they have a gun instead of a knife?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    But you're OK with them being out on the street with access to a jillion ways to hurt or kill other people, not even counting their bare hands? Are you banking on their promise to society that they won't once again hurt anybody, but just don't trust them to keep that promise if they have a gun instead of a knife?
    The hard reality is, they DO let those violent felons out, usually way before they have served a complete sentence.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The hard reality is, they DO let those violent felons out, usually way before they have served a complete sentence.
    This is really my point. It's not about the weapons - any of them - it's about the people and their state of mind/habits/prospects. I don't understand people who think somebody is too dangerous to be around a gun, but not too dangerous to be around my wife or my niece (or me!).

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This is really my point. It's not about the weapons - any of them - it's about the people and their state of mind/habits/prospects. I don't understand people who think somebody is too dangerous to be around a gun, but not too dangerous to be around my wife or my niece (or me!).
    Okay, I think I was misreading you.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I dunno. Let them have some note in their NICS about being a felon, and let the FLL decide if he wants to sell it. Dumb idea, just brainstorming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom