Classic just got a batch of Mosin 91/30's for $99!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MagnumFarce

May 3, 2013
    Centreville, MD
    Mine was *supposed* to be delivered today... but... the person at Classic who typed in my FFL information got the address wrong. Apparently UPS isn't working on Friday so I get to wait till Monday...

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    what dont you like about it? Is it just the year, or do the numbers not match?
    Or?

You want one of my 43s in trade?

I already have a 1942 Ishvesk so I'm trying not to have duplicate dated rifles, other than that the rifle is fine. I may just end up keeping it for the time being though since I don't have any other East German marked rifles.

DocSavage

The Man of Bronze
    May 30, 2012
    Crofton
    Spoke with Janet over at Classic today.

She requested the photos I had (same ones you saw) and seemed shocked that there was such an issue. Genuinely concerned, especially after "hand selecting" she processed me for an immediate RMA. I held her up, and offered to buy the rifle sent to me, broken stock and all, to which she gave me the "let me get back to you..."

While she checked, I looked at my pics again and found what is definitely an all matching 1942 Izhevsk DDR (Triangle 1) stamped rifle. Definitely desirable, sucks that the stock is busted...

So armed with that knowledge, when Janet called me back I offered to save her the trouble of the RMA by purchasing the broken one as they processed another rifle to replace it. SUCCESS! $70 later, Classic is sending another rifle - guaranteed all No's matching excellent quality rifle with DDR markings...FREE SHIPPING too!

Anyone have a stock laying about to get rid of? I still want a nice original copied sling... Yellowsled, what are your thoughts?

Cheers,

Doc

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The market price of DDRs will probably decline with Classic flooding the market with them. I think AIM was getting $200 for DDR Mosins when they had them in stock.

bg71361

Apr 30, 2012

She requested the photos I had (same ones you saw) and seemed shocked that there was such an issue. Genuinely concerned, especially after "hand selecting" she processed me for an immediate RMA. I held her up, and offered to buy the rifle sent to me, broken stock and all, to which she gave me the "let me get back to you..."

While she checked, I looked at my pics again and found what is definitely an all matching 1942 Izhevsk DDR (Triangle 1) stamped rifle. Definitely desirable, sucks that the stock is busted...

So armed with that knowledge, when Janet called me back I offered to save her the trouble of the RMA by purchasing the broken one as they processed another rifle to replace it. SUCCESS! $70 later, Classic is sending another rifle - guaranteed all No's matching excellent quality rifle with DDR markings...FREE SHIPPING too!

Anyone have a stock laying about to get rid of? I still want a nice original copied sling... Yellowsled, what are your thoughts?

Cheers,

Doc

Great to hear!

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Someone in the classifieds had one for sale. I would not have sent the DDR back, you did well.

I'd hook you up with a stock, but I don't have any 91/30 stocks avail. Just an m44 stock.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Looks like the one in the classifieds sold. I'm surprised it lasted the few hours it did before selling, price was great.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT

Cheers,

Doc

That's awesome, told you it couldn't hurt to ask!

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    I went to order another ONE and ordered 2 by mistake. The site kicked me out and I had to re-login. When I did I looked and the cart was empty so I went through the whole deal again. I was so focused on the site not screwing up my address again I didnt realize there were now 2 in the cart. I guess it found my original. At least my address was correct this time... I REALLY need to cut this shyt out....

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    We're like a bunch of crackheads logging on to crackheadforum.com to find the best place to buy the cheapest crack.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    This should hold you for a while http://7.62x54r.net

I refer to this one from time to time...
    http://62x54r.net/

Thanks guys! Found that site at work this morning while searching for info. Lots of great info.

Mine shipped this morning with a Tuesday delivery date. I honestly can't remember when I was this excited about a new firearm. Easily amused in my old age I guess. Picked up some surplus ammo from Graf & Sons so a range trip is in the near future.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I'm going to wait before ordering again. Seems like 90% of the rifles so far are 1942 and 1943 Izhevsks which is fine, just not too exciting. If I ordered again now I'd probably get the same thing. Maybe some variety will start popping up later on when they get through more of the crates.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Got mine in last night. 1939, no DDR. I paid for hand select. Matching numbers, no major dings. Handguard has some finish wear.

suzyryse.jpg

e3upy6u6.jpg

4uqegyqe.jpg

8ytamemy.jpg

mede4ahe.jpg

yqaharet.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members