• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    Does anyone know of a Wear and Carry class offered in or near Baltimore CIty towards Towson University? One of my professors is looking to get the Maryland carry permit, and told me that friends who are police officers recommended that the professor should go to a class. The professor told me "After reading your assignment, I said to myself, "okay, I think this may be another sign." ", which surprised me because I never met a professor, teacher, or anyone who worked at a school that wanted to get into firearms. I am very happy to know that I motivated someone to get their permit to carry.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Does anyone know of a Wear and Carry class offered in or near Baltimore CIty towards Towson University? One of my professors is looking to get the Maryland carry permit, and told me that friends who are police officers recommended that the professor should go to a class. The professor told me "After reading your assignment, I said to myself, "okay, I think this may be another sign." ", which surprised me because I never met a professor, teacher, or anyone who worked at a school that wanted to get into firearms. I am very happy to know that I motivated someone to get their permit to carry.
    Jen at valkyrie firearms training does classes in the baltimurder area. She's on the boards here.

A little further north and you have miles71 I think.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I'd love to be in Kollig now.

"Hand in a paper about a topical current event, 20 pages or longer to include footnotes and interviews"

"Constitutional Carry in 26 States and the Bloodbath that Never Came"

Last edited:

cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    Thank you 4g64loser and Sundazes. I forwarded the suggestions to the professor.
    friends who are police officers recommended that the professor should go to a class.

???

Is that other than the 16 hour class one must take by force?
    I'm assuming no because the professor said that in the context of wanting to get a permit to carry

cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    Unless the guy is exempt from training, he HAS to take the W&C course. It's not a recommendation.
    I know that. I meant to say that there were police officers who encouraged the professor to go through the process to get a carry permit. The professor also told me that he/she is nervous to get licensed, but that it needs to be done. I explained how when we were kids, we were told not to touch the stove, and not to play with fire. I also told him/her that everybody should be able to feel safe outside their home, no matter where they are. I didn't get into shootings, gun control, or anything like that. My point was that being able to carry a handgun makes us safe in that in case we need it, we have it on us, and we can deter any threat that comes.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I know that. I meant to say that there were police officers who encouraged the professor to go through the process to get a carry permit. The professor also told me that he/she is nervous to get licensed, but that it needs to be done. I explained how when we were kids, we were told not to touch the stove, and not to play with fire. I also told him/her that everybody should be able to feel safe outside their home, no matter where they are. I didn't get into shootings, gun control, or anything like that. My point was that being able to carry a handgun makes us safe in that in case we need it, we have it on us, and we can deter any threat that comes.
    I'm go to the range with her and break her in. Serious offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom