• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    The word on the street is that Moms Demand Action folks negatively affected their lobbying influence through general rudeness to members of the legislature and their staffs, even among legislators who are otherwise inclined toward gun control. That confirms once again that being a jerk rarely gets you what you want. It confirms as well how essential it is that folks maintain civility if you want to have any chance of changing a mind. It may not work, but maybe next time it might. And even if it never works, a Member who bears resentment because he/she was insulted by rudeness or disrespect will work twice as hard to do in someone who was rude. Thought for the day.

Makes a lot of sense. Let them dig their own grave. I guess their emasculated husbands already bend under their weight, they expect everyone to do the same. When they don't get their way they revert back to their natural, inherent rudeness. One can disagree and stand on complete opposite sides but still be respectful. #MDA FEM.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    One other huge problem for me is the lying that takes place , I call it lying because it is done on purpose . We see it on the news every night , if they talk facts or listen to facts it would be enjoyable to exchange with them .

Just like the one Delegate lying about the HPRB , where did that lie come from .

Their facts never hold water .

I will go all to Muskets if they get rid of their cell phones and computers , they just don't get 2A or pretend not to understand the Constitution as a whole . They believe it is like a cafeteria where they pick and choose . It is all or nothing or just all & all .

There are lies being told on both sides of the aisle. For instance, to say that federal law made it illegal for an FFL to perform a NICS check on a ftf transfer was either a lie or a false statement made because the speaker did not know the true answer. Since this statement was made by some on here that I regard pretty highly, and they changed their tune once I showed them an ATF document or two, I believe they were just restating what was told to them in error by somebody else.

Most of the time, only the person opening their mouth and speaking actually knows whether they are lying or not. Every once in a while, it is obvious, but not always.

For instance, the client that is telling me the repairs to the kitchen sink are deductible. Is she lying or just misinformed about tax law? I have had conversation after conversation with conservatives that speak complete falsehoods, but I know them personally and know their character. They actually believe what they are telling me. They are quite shocked to hear the truth.

My brother was texting me a couple months ago about this new round that came out, 6.5 Creedmoor. He was telling me about how deadly it is and how expensive precision rifles chambered in it are. He wanted one in a bad way. Tried to tell him that it was not really that new and it is merely a necked down 308 Win, but I think that flew over his head. When we were at the range a month or so ago, Lazzarus found an empty 6.5 case and gave it to me. In turn, I turned to my brother, who was shooting his 308 AR, and showed him the case. Told him "this is a 6.5 Creedmoor case" and then I held it next to one of his 308 rounds. His response was something like, "What the hell, that isn't all that. What the heck are those guys talking about?" So, was he lying to me the month before when we were texting or was he just misinformed?

Education and knowledge is key. An open mind and listening are also helpful.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    to say that federal law made it illegal for an FFL to perform a NICS check on a ftf transfer was either a lie or a false statement made because the speaker did not know the true answer. Since this statement was made by some on here that I regard pretty highly, and they changed their tune once I showed them an ATF document or two, I believe they were just restating what was told to them in error by somebody else.

At the risk of derailing this thread and/or opening a can of worms:

Can an FFL run a NICS check on a gun that is NOT logged into his books. I'm still unclear on this???

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Makes a lot of sense. Let them dig their own grave. I guess their emasculated husbands already bend under their weight, they expect everyone to do the same. When they don't get their way they revert back to their natural, inherent rudeness. One can disagree and stand on complete opposite sides but still be respectful. #MDA FEM.

Ah, everybody has already forgotten the two finger salute to the committee and then the head of PP posing for a pic with the same person and both giving the two finger salute. Already forgotten the yelling from the galley too.

Yeah, it was ONLY the moms that were rude. lol Luckily for us, it was only the moms that were rude on April 8th.

Then, we have a post here insulting their husbands. Heck, their husbands are probably out earning $1,000,000 a year and happy as hell that their wives have a "hobby" group to keep them occupied. We can all speculate about what their husbands are like.

There are lies being told on both sides of the aisle. For instance, to say that federal law made it illegal for an FFL to perform a NICS check on a ftf transfer was either a lie or a false statement made because the speaker did not know the true answer. Since this statement was made by some on here that I regard pretty highly, and they changed their tune once I showed them an ATF document or two, I believe they were just restating what was told to them in error by somebody else.

Most of the time, only the person opening their mouth and speaking actually knows whether they are lying or not. Every once in a while, it is obvious, but not always.

For instance, the client that is telling me the repairs to the kitchen sink are deductible. Is she lying or just misinformed about tax law? I have had conversation after conversation with conservatives that speak complete falsehoods, but I know them personally and know their character. They actually believe what they are telling me. They are quite shocked to hear the truth.

My brother was texting me a couple months ago about this new round that came out, 6.5 Creedmoor. He was telling me about how deadly it is and how expensive precision rifles chambered in it are. He wanted one in a bad way. Tried to tell him that it was not really that new and it is merely a necked down 308 Win, but I think that flew over his head. When we were at the range a month or so ago, Lazzarus found an empty 6.5 case and gave it to me. In turn, I turned to my brother, who was shooting his 308 AR, and showed him the case. Told him "this is a 6.5 Creedmoor case" and then I held it next to one of his 308 rounds. His response was something like, "What the hell, that isn't all that. What the heck are those guys talking about?" So, was he lying to me the month before when we were texting or was he just misinformed?

Education and knowledge is key. An open mind and listening are also helpful.

Speaking of which, the 6.5 Creedmoor is a modified .30 TC case, not .308

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The word on the street is that Moms Demand Action folks negatively affected their lobbying influence through general rudeness to members of the legislature and their staffs, even among legislators who are otherwise inclined toward gun control. That confirms once again that being a jerk rarely gets you what you want. It confirms as well how essential it is that folks maintain civility if you want to have any chance of changing a mind. It may not work, but maybe next time it might. And even if it never works, a Member who bears resentment because he/she was insulted by rudeness or disrespect will work twice as hard to do in someone who was rude. Thought for the day.

This behavior from their side goes back at least a couple of decades for us now old timers from that period. The names and faces change, but the behavior does not.

The sense of self-righteousness in the moral imperative of their cause makes them arrogant and abusive.

One of the most epic moments from those early days was when the current flavor of the gun banners was Leah Barrett. Ironically her real name was Gail Gunn, but she didn't use that name.

I had a bunch of stickers made up that said, "Who is Gail Gunn and why is she living with Leah Barett's husband?" just to watch her head explode. She would literally dissolve into speaking in tongues just because she couldn't fathom that anyone would disagree with her.

The lulz were also epic the day that they arrogantly came in and put reserved stickers on all of the chairs in the hearing room. I went over to the trooper managing the room and asked if they could do that and he replied "No".

He then took the stickers off and when Leah/Gail came back in they got to see all of us sitting their with our MSI hats on with shit eating grins. She once again went all Exorcist and stomped out of the room in tears.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Unread Today, 06:42 PM
    Remove user from ignore list
    fabsroman
    This message is hidden because fabsroman is on your ignore list.

Speaking of ignoring rudeness. =)

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    This behavior from their side goes back at least a couple of decades for us now old timers from that period. The names and faces change, but the behavior does not.

The sense of self-righteousness in the moral imperative of their cause makes them arrogant and abusive.

One of the most epic moments from those early days was when the current flavor of the gun banners was Leah Barrett. Ironically her real name was Gail Gunn, but she didn't use that name.

I had a bunch of stickers made up that said, "Who is Gail Gunn and why is she living with Leah Barett's husband?" just to watch her head explode. She would literally dissolve into speaking in tongues just because she couldn't fathom that anyone would disagree with her.

The lulz were also epic the day that they arrogantly came in and put reserved stickers on all of the chairs in the hearing room. I went over to the trooper managing the room and asked if they could do that and he replied "No".

He then took the stickers off and when Leah/Gail came back in they got to see all of us sitting their with our MSI hats on with shit eating grins. She once again went all Exorcist and stomped out of the room in tears.

Seems like the Achilles heel of the left is that their emotions supersede logic. Become adept at button pushing and they'll do all the heavy lifting themselves.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    At the risk of derailing this thread and/or opening a can of worms:

Can an FFL run a NICS check on a gun that is NOT logged into his books. I'm still unclear on this???

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/n...s-newsletter-september-2013-volume-2/download

https://www.atf.gov/file/110076/download

https://www.atf.gov/file/1661/download

The answer is in there, and I believe the answer is mostly "Yes". There is an exception when NICS comes back delayed AND the seller leaves the FFL's premises with the firearm or when NICS comes back denied.

I was going to sum it all up, but read through that on your own and if you have additional questions, send me a PM.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ah, everybody has already forgotten the two finger salute to the committee and then the head of PP posing for a pic with the same person and both giving the two finger salute. Already forgotten the yelling from the galley too.

Yeah, it was ONLY the moms that were rude. lol Luckily for us, it was only the moms that were rude on April 8th.

Then, we have a post here insulting their husbands. Heck, their husbands are probably out earning $1,000,000 a year and happy as hell that their wives have a "hobby" group to keep them occupied. We can all speculate about what their husbands are like.

I’m sure you know what the husbands are like.

To pick just a few incidents where people on my side were rude and not acknowledging the overwhelming majority who weren’t demeans a lot of people. Face it, those on your side are much worse than people on mine.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Seems like the Achilles heel of the left is that their emotions supersede logic. Become adept at button pushing and they'll do all the heavy lifting themselves.

Yes, the left is mostly emotion based. Our side is mostly fact based, but there are some emotions here and there too. Have to hope that facts matter to the people you are speaking to. Otherwise, you need to use emotion based reasoning for them.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Seems like the Achilles heel of the left is that their emotions supersede logic.

The problem is that they have millions of arrested-development childlike emo-voters who will do what they’re told without a moment’s critical thought.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    The MDA just ooze “can I speak with your manager?!” smugness and their broken husbands look like the guy who just stands there silent as his wife berates some barista b/c there’s no more almond milk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The MDA just ooze “can I speak with your manager?!” smugness and their broken husbands look like the guy who just stands there silent as his wife berates some barista b/c there’s no more almond milk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An amazingly accurate summary.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/n...s-newsletter-september-2013-volume-2/download

https://www.atf.gov/file/110076/download

https://www.atf.gov/file/1661/download

The answer is in there, and I believe the answer is mostly "Yes". There is an exception when NICS comes back delayed AND the seller leaves the FFL's premises with the firearm or when NICS comes back denied.

I was going to sum it all up, but read through that on your own and if you have additional questions, send me a PM.

Thanks for the links. It seems pretty clear that the firearm would need to be entered into the FFL's bound book just like if it was an out of state transfer that was delivered to the FFL. Then the NICS check would be run and if that resulted in a delay then the FFL would have to hang onto the gun until the proceed came back (or 3 days passed) I can see the fee for this being the same as for any other transfer. At least with a handgun we can go to am MSP barracks and pay $10

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I have always been amazed at folks with enough control to be civil at all times and even when faced with shitbags flapping their jaws and trying to take something from them.

I have never had that ability and have no interest I trying to acquire it.

Being completely uncivil has taken me pretty far in life( farther than I figured I would get) and it’s all I know now.

I understand that I have no filter and say exactly what I think when I think it and it comes off extremely abrasive but idgaf

That said you guys that are good at it and working the mga, I thank you for your hard work and your ability to be civil

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I’m sure you know what the husbands are like.

To pick just a few incidents where people on my side were rude and not acknowledging the overwhelming majority who weren’t demeans a lot of people. Face it, those on your side are much worse than people on mine.

My side is the same as yours, but you can continue to play this game. You can make it look like I am demeaning EVERYBODY on our side, but I'm not. Believe there were all of two individuals that my post referred to and I believe almost everybody knows who they were. What I wrote was the truth and there is photos and video to prove it.

Is it rude to give the middle finger salute to the committee while testifying? Lots of high fives and back slapping on here for that middle finger salute. Is it rude to scream at legislators from the galley? Plenty of petty insults flying around on here, Twitter, Facebook, etc. from our side aimed at the moms and the legislators, and some of them specifically.

Next, you are going to be screaming that I should be banned, because I am a troll and an emasculated husband of one of the "Moms".

Let It Go

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom