CITIZEN GROUPS UNITE TO CHALLENGE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN IN THE U.S. DISTRICT COURT

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Just read it all and this should be a slamn dunk. Heller is used perfectly.

We might even get 30 rounders out of this

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Posted on FB with the AGC link from the OP in this thread at the bottom. Feel free to repost on your FB, no attribution required.

We have some serious 2A issues here in Maryland and have twice sued the Maryland State Police. The first time in July, the case was put in abeyance as MSP rolled over and agreed to stipulate to the letter of the law. The second time was last week, we filed suit and sought a TRO. The TRO was not granted because MSP rolled over at the last minute, admitted they broke state and Federal law and assured the court they had stopped the practice. That did not prevent the suit from being heard seeking permanent injunctive relief and damages, the decision is due tomorrow. The second suit was for a massive breach of the Personally Identifying Information of 38,000 individuals, this is a well beyond serious issue.

Today the third lawsuit was filed, this time a broad Constitutional suit against the new Maryland gun grab called bill SB281 due to go into effect October 1st. There is a link to the full 34 page complaint in the article below.

All the work and base funding for these suits come from grassroots organizations, people like you and me doing the grunt work and making donations. We do get some matching funds and sometimes some legal help from national organizations but the bulk of the work and money is from plain old everyday people. We need help from our brothers and sisters across America because there are more suits to follow in the coming days and weeks, every single one of the suits could have to be taken as far as SCOTUS and that costs. These cases can set national precedent. To be blunt, we need money in the form of donations to some of our state level groups leading the fight. Any amount will do, even as little as $5, please send us the cost of one box of ammo if you can.

To donate you can go online to the first group and it will go right to the litigation fund. The other two you can send a check or money order and mark in the comment line "Maryland Litigation Fund" and it will go to this and the upcoming lawsuits.

Maryland Shall Issue
    https://marylandshallissue.com/joindonate-now/

AGC, make checks payable to AGC and write Litigation Fund in the comment line then mail to:
    John H. Josselyn, Legislative Vice President
    Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Legislative Office
    PO Box 20102
    Towson, MD 21284-0102

Maryland Licensed Firearms Dealers Association, makes checks payable to MLFDA and write Litigation Fund in the comment line then mail to:
    MLFDA c/o:
    Shooter's Discount
    401 Center St. Ste 101
    Mt. Airy, MD 21771

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Just read the brief.......

Odd in spots, but overall very, very nice. I love the focus on 14A (even moreso than on 2A).

The Commerce angle was also prominent.

Overall, I have to say it looks like a really good shot... especially since it often avoids crying out RKBA!! RKBA!!!

henn5849

Aug 29, 2009
    Cecil County, MD
    The Maryland Firearm Safety Act of 2013, alternatively known as SB 281 (the “Act”), will ban the purchase, transportation or receipt of any of the listed semi-automatic firearms

First off. Awesome! I don't want to derail thread, just have a question... I thought we could still transport our banned firearms.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    First off. Awesome! I don't want to derail thread, just have a question... I thought we could still transport our banned firearms.

yeah they have that wrong (more drama I guess...)

no worries (fingers crossed)

silverwolf

Feb 14, 2011
    Thank you to everyone who helped put this together! It's very well done and tears SB281 apart from every angle. It brings up discrimination against the elderly and disabled, the special treatment of retired police over ordinary citizens, the overall ineffectiveness of the law in deterring gun crimes, the intentional vagueness of the law, etc. It makes excellent use of Heller throughout.

Bonus points for using the word 'quagmire' to describe the mess SB281 has created! :thumbsup:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thank you to everyone who helped put this together! It's very well done and tears SB281 apart from every angle. It brings up discrimination against the elderly and disabled, the special treatment of retired police over ordinary citizens, the overall ineffectiveness of the law in deterring gun crimes, the intentional vagueness of the law, etc. It makes excellent use of Heller throughout.

Bonus points for using the word 'quagmire' to describe the mess SB281 has created! :thumbsup:

We brought up the effect this would have on the disabled when we were in Annapolis this Spring. Like most of our points, the didn't care. It's a great angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom