CITIZEN GROUPS UNITE TO CHALLENGE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN IN THE U.S. DISTRICT COURT

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Reading lawsuit now... can't really see how much counts 1-3 will survive...(IMNSHO count 2 could have been a copy/paste job from when the 20+ round mags got banned) but... count 4 is where things got interesting - that's where the vagueness of the whitelist/blacklist is attacked.

"Strict scrutiny" may be what wins it, though. The law was to prevent gun violence, and... well, if the statistics can be backed up, long guns aren't used in violence much.

I hope something good comes out of it, but I expect most of it to get thrown out, with lots of "but California does it!" thrown in with the salt just because the administration hates us.

I am assuming there will be at least one more lawsuit over HQL / handguns.

post heller .

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Doesn't matter even if they had 100% support. Unconstitutional is still unconstitutional.

While I hope they win, I'm guessing that since this isn't an outright ban on arms, just a restriction on types, it will pass muster according to the fed courts.

ban and restriction are synonyms!!

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    ban and restriction are synonyms!!

Agreed! An SKS with a fixed magazine is NOT banned; an SKS with a removeable magazine (of any size) IS banned. The "restriction" determines if the SKS is banned.

Trying to remember: Do ARs have to be black to be banned?

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    CITIZEN GROUPS UNITE TO CHALLENGE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN IN THE U.S. DISTRICT ...

Ugh.

Sent from my fire using smoke.

Last edited:

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yeah, a week after the law is published is much too late /sarcasm

Exactly. Outsourced to the MSP was writing of parts of the law. And they took their time doing it, throwing in updates to prior stuff in there that had nothing to do with this round of infringements.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    The irony here krucam is that you posted this update almost exactly two weeks after the last post.

Let the "two week" jokes commence....

NY Marksman

Feb 20, 2013
    I don't understand why they didn't go after the entire "Safe Act" instead of pieces of it.
    because there are a couple parts of the law that are not at issue. the provision on harsher sentences for crimes involving guns and a sentence multiplier for shooting first responders (firemen, ambulances, cops...). kinda hard to argue they should go. however magazine limits , feature bans... these parts we have issues with and should be removed. also makes our arguements in court much easier.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    because there are a couple parts of the law that are not at issue. the provision on harsher sentences for crimes involving guns and a sentence multiplier for shooting first responders (firemen, ambulances, cops...). kinda hard to argue they should go. however magazine limits , feature bans... these parts we have issues with and should be removed. also makes our arguements in court much easier.

How is it harder to argue that assault against one group of people is more of a crime than assault against other citizens?

Assault is assault

Murder is murder

doesn't matter who the victim was.

This is an easy argument to make

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads