• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    So I picked up a stray dog yesterday near my in-laws in WV, He would not get out of the road so I figured I would get him back to the house and try to find the owner. He is in good shape but had no collar. I tried as many close houses as I could but had no takers and as it was Christmas Eve no shelters were open. The wife did a local face book post but nothing has come of that. Apparently animals are dumped quite regularly in that area

Much as I would love to keep him we have 2 rescues already and we don't have the room for a third. If anyone can suggest a shelter a I try calling in the morning I would be very grateful, the closest one to my in-laws is a kill shelter.

I'm in the Ohio valley right now and will be driving back to montgomery county tomorrow so if it's en route it's fine with me, I would love to see this guy get a home.

He's got a very sweet demeanor, in the time we have had him he has not made a noise. He's been fine with kids and other dogs. He's not fixed, my guess is he's been an outdoor dog, he seems to have been careed for. He's about 25lbs, probably a mix, looks like some beagle in there.

If anyone has any places to suggest I'd appreciate it.

IMG_1812.jpg

Either post here or Pm me

Thanks guys and merry Christmas

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Calling a friend over there with 2 beagles and a big heart.
    He looks like a sweety.
    Thank you for going the extra mile to look out for him.

Good luck and Merry Christmas.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Let me see what I can do here in MoCo. Got a fee leads working and in a DIRE emergency might be able to take the guy my self. No promises on either scenario but I will try.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Mighty good looking dog for someone to just get rid of. Hope he's chipped and ya find the owner. We are full up with two 9 year old border collie sisters.

Lew--Ranger63

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Got off the phone with the boss and my wife said we can't take him but our friend who is in the rescue scene recommended the humane society or animal welfare league.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    If you have the dog in a few weeks Pm me.

We will hopefully be moving to the new house within a couple weeks. I want a puppy for my daughter. It would depend on its temperament of course, and I cannot promise, but it is a possibility I could take it.

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    Pm sent mil-surp, bossman will keep you posted, he's got a great temperament, youngest he was around was my 9 yo niece.

Sthomas, so far he has been great, we kept him in the laundry room and garage for 2 days with no messes, he's been in my car for 3 hours and done great. I can't say for sure though that's he's house broken

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    Just an update, he made it home with me today, he's bathed, fed and watered. Tomorrow starts the search to find him a home, we have reached out to some folks tonight so fingers crossed!

Thanks to everyone who has responded!

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Sorry it didn't work out with my connect Steve. As I said in our text conversation you rock for doing all this for a stray you just met, it shows the heart of a good man. Thinking good thoughts for you and the pup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom