• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    So they can tell a difference between an off duty officer with a gun out and a CCW? Sounds like the police in Chicago will shoot anyone with a gun!

Sounds like everyone in Chicago should too ... oh wait

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    It was poorly worded, but to be fair, point a gun at ANYONE and they are not likely to wait to see if you are a CCW. Pointing a gun at someone is at best, aggravated assault.

Except for when the police do it. Remember Philly?

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    If he and his officers are so highly trained, as he puts it, then why is Chicago a war zone with the highest violent crime rate in the country? People need to carry in Chicago to protect themselves because it is obvious that he and his officers cannot do it.

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Mayyyyyybe if he sent his cops into neighborhoods with extremely high crime rates (not reported rates, actual crime rate) and randomly shot the folks who looked like they were about to start trouble...

Nope, that's dumb too.

I wonder if his predecessor, the guy who ordered the bashing of dirty hippies at the DNC conference many moons ago, had the same mindset?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    It's obvious this guy, a poor excuse for a public official, drank the Commisar's Kool-Aid at an early age and sleep through his civic class when they tried to teach him about the Constitution. Dealing with crime and criminals that don't care about their futures and others is tough enough, but dealing with ass hats of this variety is even more challenging because he actually thinks he is right.:sad20:

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    It's going to happen. Sorry folks he is right. The frequency will be no where near how often this guy is making it sound and I honestly think the CC laws are going to REDUCE crime but it will happen. I bet its maybe one in 20 years or something minimal like that.

You find that when you have a gun on your hip you avoid areas where you think its a possibility you'll have to use it, ditto with situations but there will be one situation where an officer screams drop the gun and the CCW holder with a gun in his hand turns around, not thinking because he is a good guy, and takes a couple rounds.

If cops have done it with UC cops there going to do it with CCW holders but I think this will reduce crime and I think the frequency will be so minor it won't be a serious concern.

Right. I wouldn't say that. The gist of what the superintendent is saying is that crime will increase. Therefore, he is NOT right.

I agree with you that it will eventually happen, and that crime will decrease. However, these types of occurrences will be extremely rare, few and far between. He's not saying it will happen; he's saying there will be pandemonium.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I’m so tired of hearing how normal citizens shouldn’t be able to own or carry certain guns because we don’t have the proper “training”. Police and military are not required to spend much time at the range and the large portion of their training doesn’t directly revolve around precise firearm shooting. I love that the propaganda machine of America makes everyone think that our police and military are some godly elite fighting force with bulls eye accuracy but the majority of them aren’t that accurate.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    No offense to LEO but most "civilian" shooters I know are more proficient shooters and competent at handling firearms than the average LE officer. Of course there are LEO in high-risk jobs that receive more training or those that seek more out on their own...

I'm so sick of the "only police and military should carry guns" mantra.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Right. I wouldn't say that. The gist of what the superintendent is saying is that crime will increase. Therefore, he is NOT right.

I agree with you that it will eventually happen, and that crime will decrease. However, these types of occurrences will be extremely rare, few and far between. He's not saying it will happen; he's saying there will be pandemonium.

And as we've seen elsewhere, that never bears out. Doesn't stop the grabbers from bellowing it every chance they get.

It is the Windy city. They have to keep their reputation.

Chicago may have a lot of air moving high pressure to low pressure areas, but its namesake is due to is all the air that moves from high pressure to low pressure areas to create the sound attributed to an idiot elected into office.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    He's a veteran of the NYPD and Newark NJ police. Why am I not surprised.

And this guy has had a long string of incidents involving alcohol, his daughter and abuse of power. And of course, firearms were involved.

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=4732

I don't know which one I like best. The one where he got fined for blocking traffic or where he was shooting out street lights.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom