• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Stay classy, Chicago.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://bearingarms.com/chicago-top-cop-warns-that-his-officers-will-shoot-concealed-carriers/

“You put more guns on the street expect more shootings,” McCarthy said. “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    So they can tell a difference between an off duty officer with a gun out and a CCW? Sounds like the police in Chicago will shoot anyone with a gun!

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I started to type a response to this idiotic statement and the thousands of assumptions/errors contained within, then I realized MDS doesn't have that much bandwidth.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”

Sounds ghetto if you ask me. Sure he's not a gang leader?

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    The tone of the statement is all wrong - unnecessarily combative and hostile - to come out of a public servant's mouth, but the underlying point that he seems to be poorly conveying of "point a gun at officers and bad things will happen regardless of whether you have a license to carry" is true everywhere and is not new or unique.

I'm quick to point out that officer safety is not a reasonable justification for a wide range of stuff that the police do regularly, but police (or any citizen) reacting defensively to having a gun pointed at them is not something I could ever object to.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Translation:

You're either a compliant filthy subject of the government or you're a disposable enemy of the state.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The tone of the statement is all wrong - unnecessarily combative and hostile - to come out of a public servant's mouth, but the underlying point that he seems to be poorly conveying of "point a gun at officers and bad things will happen regardless of whether you have a license to carry" is true everywhere and is not new or unique.

I'm quick to point out that officer safety is not a reasonable justification for a wide range of stuff that the police do regularly, but police (or any citizen) reacting defensively to having a gun pointed at them is not something I could ever object to.

It was poorly worded, but to be fair, point a gun at ANYONE and they are not likely to wait to see if you are a CCW. Pointing a gun at someone is at best, aggravated assault.

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    Isn't this the same tool that said writing to your elected officials to express your opinion was engaging in political corruption, and that contributing money to a candidate with whom you agree is bribery?

So. Yeah. Seems about right for him.

And the MSM wonders why Chicago is a dystopian murder box.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    It's going to happen. Sorry folks he is right. The frequency will be no where near how often this guy is making it sound and I honestly think the CC laws are going to REDUCE crime but it will happen. I bet its maybe one in 20 years or something minimal like that.

You find that when you have a gun on your hip you avoid areas where you think its a possibility you'll have to use it, ditto with situations but there will be one situation where an officer screams drop the gun and the CCW holder with a gun in his hand turns around, not thinking because he is a good guy, and takes a couple rounds.

If cops have done it with UC cops there going to do it with CCW holders but I think this will reduce crime and I think the frequency will be so minor it won't be a serious concern.

Bel Air Guy

Jul 29, 2013
    His statement was weapon in hand, nothing was mentioned about pointing. He is threatening law abiding tax paying citizens that dare to defend themselves. He's doing such a good job keeping Chicago safe (NOT). He should be removed from office.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    With police leaders like that, it's no wonder why they have so many murders there. What an asshat.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So they can tell a difference between an off duty officer with a gun out and a CCW? Sounds like the police in Chicago will shoot anyone with a gun!

It will be bitter irony if the first person shot without the police making sure they needed to be shot is a police officer.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom