• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scratch

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 18, 2013
    Annapolis
    Hello folks. :wave: Getting back into the shooting scene after a few years hiatus, thought it'd be a good idea to join up. Looks like lots of good info on here.

Scratch

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 18, 2013
    Annapolis
    Not far from Budds Creek but my riding days are past.

Ah. Mine are still going strong so far - I retired last year and so have more time to ride.

Currently I have five handguns & five long guns. I haven't been shooting for a year or so (was a member of ACNASS in Laurel back when they were open; and On Target). Just last week though my girlfriend said she'd like to try target shooting - she likes the cowboy action shooting vids on YouTube; so I pulled my Neos and GP100 out of mothballs and we spent an hour or so at On Target. She enjoyed it so much she went out the following day and picked out a Ruger MKIII Hunter she'll be getting next week.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 53

Scratch

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 18, 2013
    Annapolis
    Welcome , etc
    The GF wanted to try CAS , and you broke out a semi and a DA ?

:lol:

The GF likes CAS and thinks it's something she could work up to. I'm not sure On Target would appreciate a very-first-time shooter renting one of their wheel guns and attempting to 'fan the hammer'. Kind of like a brand new motorcycle rider buying a Hayabusa, eh? :lol2:

Seriously, she was torn between the MKIII or a Single Six as her first pistol. I suggested she start off with the .22 semiauto, and then if she wants to stick with it get a larger-caliber revolver as her next purchase. I used to have a Vaquero in .45LC that was a joy to shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom