• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Yep, this is old news. CTD isn't, it's bad, let's not do business with them, etc. Old news.....move on, nothing to see here.

QM2

Nov 27, 2013
    Maryland
    I've heard way too many negative things about them, and this is the reason why forums like this helps consumers. I'll stick to luckygunner, ammunitiondepot and even gunbroker. Not shipping to MD is weird because like mentioned before.... It's not regulated.... Well, not yet.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I have to wonder why some of you don't like Obama's economic policies. If Obama started "Obamaammo" instead of "Obamacare" I suspect most commenters hating on CTD would be voting for him.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I have to wonder why some of you don't like Obama's economic policies. If Obama started "Obamaammo" instead of "Obamacare" I suspect most commenters hating on CTD would be voting for him.

Would this "Obamaammo" be passed in the open, with no additional (and hidden) taxes and regulations, which would turn out to force an individual to give up their firearm of choice for one approved by the Politburo?

And would said Politburo-approved firearm then be available only after being queued behind thousands of others, while millions have their favorites (which suited their needs) declared "substandard" and confiscated?

No thanks.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    CTD is an example of the worst kind of company. They are Obama-like in the way they treat other people. There will be some who will justify their practices as naked capitalism, but you reap what you sow.

In my line of business, there's one distributor that adopted the same dirty tactics a little over ten years ago. Everyone I ask about it has long since blackballed the place into near oblivion, to the tune of a multi-billion dollar collapse. It's full-on karma.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    They weren't always like this. I don't know what the hell happened, but years ago I remember buying stuff from them, and it was actually honest to goodness a good deal, and they were courteous and had great customer service.

Now they look on us as a host to be bled dry- symbiosis is no longer cost effective to them. When did this start quantifiably? I know it was before the ammo shortage, their customer service went from accommodating to hostile and their prices from decent to middling and then to ludicrous.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Would this "Obamaammo" be passed in the open, with no additional (and hidden) taxes and regulations, which would turn out to force an individual to give up their firearm of choice for one approved by the Politburo?

And would said Politburo-approved firearm then be available only after being queued behind thousands of others, while millions have their favorites (which suited their needs) declared "substandard" and confiscated?

No thanks.

+100:thumbsup:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    They weren't always like this. I don't know what the hell happened, but years ago I remember buying stuff from them, and it was actually honest to goodness a good deal, and they were courteous and had great customer service.

I remember how they used to be because I was a frequent customer back then. As best I recall, they changed for the worse around four or five years ago. The most ridiculous part is all the shipping charges per item per warehouse. They used to be a like a mini version of Midway, especially for tough-to-find parts. Then they morphed into Satan's spawn.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    come to think of it, you're right- about the time they started screwing you in the pooper on shipping from separate warehouses I think the change happened.

Remember when the only way to see which warehouse your item was from was on the checkout page?

Bastards

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    OK... so who do you guys use for ammo and accessories.... I've messed around with a bunch of mail-order and internet sites, but I haven't found one I can be loyal to. They are all hit and miss. Anyone have a site that they really love??

For ammo and some accessories, I've been happily doing business with Sportsman's Guide for many years.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up guys. Here is my communication with CTD as of today:

Note some stuff redacted due to privacy concerns:

OK, fair enough and thanks for the quick candid reply.
    You’ve apparently chosen to punish your customers based on the actions of the legislature whom we as gun owners vigorously opposed.

I will respond in kind by choosing to suspend our relationship.
    Please delete my account, all of its records and cease all forms of further communication; electronic and hardcopy-mail.

Sincerely,
    Steven …
    Former customer.

Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 8:39 AM
    To: Steven …
    Subject: RE: Other questions or comments -

Steven,

Cheaper Than Dirt has chosen to suspend ammunition sells to residents of Maryland due to the increased negative climate towards firearms ownership with the passage, and now implementation, of the legalistic and arbitrary Firearms Safety Act of 2013.

Sincerely,

P …
    Cheaper Than Dirt!
    Customer Service
    888-750-5234
    ext ...
    www.cheaperthandirt.com

Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 8:24 PM
    To: customerservice@cheaperthandirt.com
    Subject: Other questions or comments -

Web site generated email message from: Steven … in regards to order number:

The user's comment follows:

I have been told that you will not sell ammunition to MD residents. Is this true? Thanks in advance. Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom