• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A Maryland

Dec 7, 2016
    Towson, MD
    In what appears to be a "me too" reaction to the Bruen decision, the Charles County Commissioners will hear testimony on a bill to ban the possession of weapons and firearms within 100 yards of certain government buildings, leased properties, etc.

There is NO exemption for persons who hold valid carry permits, or persons simply driving past these locations. Nor is there an exemption for persons who live within 100 yards of these locations.

2A Maryland has submitted a Public Information Act (PIA) request for a list of all locations which will be impacted by this proposed legislation

Click here to download Charles County Bill 2022-14

Click here for 2A Maryland's Legislative Report

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    In what appears to be a "me too" reaction to the Bruen decision, the Charles County Commissioners will hear testimony on a bill to ban the possession of weapons and firearms within 100 yards of certain government buildings, leased properties, etc.

There is NO exemption for persons who hold valid carry permits, or persons simply driving past these locations. Nor is there an exemption for persons who live within 100 yards of these locations.

2A Maryland has submitted a Public Information Act (PIA) request for a list of all locations which will be impacted by this proposed legislation

Click here to download Charles County Bill 2022-14

Click here for 2A Maryland's Legislative Report
    thank John, Do you know if MSI is aware?

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Even though itll take awhile I would love to see these cases make it to SCOTUS. It would be nice if scotus fast tracked them over ruled them and said since the states cannot be adults and handle this that Shall not be infringed means it and they have decided licensing is against this and we are now constitutional carry. I would hope they wouldnt hold it back but even if we had to wait a year it would be worth it. IN the meantime concealed means concealed

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Oh how far charles county has fallen. Southern Maryland has cancer, just like a lot of the rest of the state.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    As expected, the board of commissioners has exempted themselves.

Should be a law that any law passed applies equally to all citizens.
    Want to pass gun control? It should apply to all police, politicians, council members, and judges.
    F these people who keep treating us like 2nd class citizens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Their phones and emails need to be flooded, telling them to not vote for it, but they are so busy right now fighting each other I doubt the will get to our email or calls

i am doing what I can to get the message out on Facebook about this bs

2500yards

Oct 12, 2009
    Is there somewhere in the Constitution that gives Counties more power than the States? How the hell can they enforce this stuff against a citizen that the state has already evaluated and grated a permit for the entire state with its own list of rules to follow. Just curious how it could ever hold up in court so long as you didn’t break any state laws.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Is there somewhere in the Constitution that gives Counties more power than the States? How the hell can they enforce this stuff against a citizen that the state has already evaluated and grated a permit for the entire state with its own list of rules to follow. Just curious how it could ever hold up in court so long as you didn’t break any state laws.
    There isn’t much wiggle room in the state preemption law about this, but the “sensitive place” stuff is left to the counties. Hence MoCo going full retard, and here’s Chas joining in. Both are test drives for the GA trying it state wide. This will put the “lit” in litigation.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    The bad thing is I have a county well that is in a small building with pumps in it. That is a county building that in behind my house so if I walk out in my yard with a pistol I could be arrested if this law goes trough.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    The bad thing is I have a county well that is in a small building with pumps in it. That is a county building that in behind my house so if I walk out in my yard with a pistol I could be arrested if this law goes trough.
    Sounds like you don’t even need to leave your house to be breaking the proposed law. Keep this in mind next election and vote these bastards out!

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Sounds like you don’t even need to leave your house to be breaking the proposed law. Keep this in mind next election and vote these bastards out!
    I tried but my vote didn’t count For anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom