• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    School Board recommendations from a 2nd generation career teacher in Charles:

McGraw, Vickie Talley-Kelly, Marshall, Palko, Pitts and Wallace (that is 6, can vote for 7 but as I understand it you don't have to).

I don't know any thing about the school board, just going by what this trusted friend is telling me.

With no other opinions voiced, seems as good as any... Hope the trusted friend isn't an undercover lib:D

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    Still trying to figure out District 2, 3, 4 commissioners. Dino creed is "when in doubt, vote them out", but I want to do that with effect. I'm leaning towards Taylor in 3 because he is at least a small business person. Anyone that has to produce to survive, deal with all the gov't BS, etc. beats a pointy-headed theorist every day. So who are the real people and who are the theorists???

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    Ho-REE Clap!!! That is a big PILE of libs, especially at the top! We can only hope that most of those don't make it past primary day...Will have to compare the BOE against what your trusted friend had to say. Many of the rest are not good-Frosh, Brown, Miller, Candice Kelly, Murphy and Robinson...I have a feeling Holland and Stewart are only on there because they likely promised the teachers to throw money at them if elected.

Last edited:

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    That's normally how the teachers vote. Same goes for the FOP. Don't get enough raises, they endorse another candidate...plain and simple. My vote is for Coffey for Sheriff.

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    I was thinking the same thing. Some are on his list and some aren't but then again Sally and CT Wilson are on the list and they have my vote. I deemed it not reliable enough to rely on that list over my trusted friends views. His whole family are conservatives, own small businesses, life long county residents, upper income levels (sans him as a VP) and so on.
    Don't misunderstand- I was thinking the Apple list was something to use to try to avoid bad choices, because it is obviously building a lib dream team. Although Sally and CT are our choices because we believe we can count on them to support us in 2A issues, that doesn't make them conservatives. Notice the choice of Kelly over Coller. I think CT is endorsed by the Sierra Club and the teachers union, and Sally also. They are all still Democrats. I guess we really can't make good choices at certain positions because no one ever has reason to ask them if they support 2A.

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    Voting soley on the teacher recommendation a may have drastically consequences as it relates to the maintenance of effort law. Many of Montgomery County's budgetary shortfalls revolving around the maintenance of effort requirements and catering to the school board lobby.

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    Er-r-r I don't understand that point... I don't think anyone here was going to vote for the teacher recommended candidates- rather, we were thinking that they were advocating a perfect liberal storm. And I for one recommend against that.
    Changing the subject, I just read where in the first 3 days of early voting there were 34,000+ votes cast. Only 1,100 of those were in Charles County. We don't know how the turnout will be through primary day, but if they stay low we can affect some of these races!!!! Get out and VOTE, DINO'S! Get your friends, family, etc. to vote. I'm working everyone I know. They're sick of me! I speak to the people that rent guns at the range to try to explain the importance of their choices. I don't know if it helps but it's important to try- every vote will be important, and it doesn't matter if you only cast one vote in places where you are allowed more. I plan to vote only for CT Wilson and maybe one more, but those single votes will add up so that other peoples votes won't water it down.

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    I'm officially a DINO now but what about the Sheriff race?
    As far as 2A goes, I don't think Rex Coffey has done any harm. That being said, the rank and file is not happy with him. Another poster said it's because they don't get raises. I believe it's much deeper than that. I've known a few of the rank and file and they won't say much because they are career guys and the position is political. The political guys can make life hell for the career guys. I guarantee you when the vote was cast to endorse another guy, someone was taking notes...
    Coffey won't sign off on NFA paperwork, but I don't think any democrat sheriff would. Actually I couldn't imagine any sheriff in a county this close to DC signing off, but I could be wrong.

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    Through the first 5 days of early voting less than 2,000 votes cast. Be sure you get it done. We want CT Wilson, and we don't want Peter Murphy. I went Sunday, and as I got out of my car there were a swarm of candidates in the parking lot working voters. A lady came up to me and said "Here's Delegate Peter Murphy, he's running for commissioner President. Do you have any questions for him?"
    I pretty much flubbed it... I just pointed to my vehicle with NRA plates and several MDS approved stickers and said "No thanks, I'm good". Given time to think about it, I kinda wish I had said "Do you mind if I give you the finger?":D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom