• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    That place was crazy! I have never seen a line outside like that just to get in. I managed to pick up the stuff I wanted though. 2 good condition ammo cans for $12. Found 2 used but very good condition HK USP 45 12 Round Magazines with extended floorplates for $39 each (The place in the back that sells all the Mags wanted $69 new!). Got 500 rounds of Speer Lawman .45 for $168 (1000 was $318). 2 Windowed 30 rd PMAGs for $30. So many people there though, it was kind of hard to browse much.

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    Crowded but still a good time. Got to check out the wheel guns I wanted to. Checked prices on some long guns too. Picked up some pistol mags that I have been looking for. It was worth the ticket price.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Wow the place was a madhouse!!

It too 25 minutes waiting in line to get in. Asked a dealer there for a trade on my 1911A1 for an M1A that he had and the guy was a complete screwball and I had to refrain from telling him off with his offer.

Took 3.5 hours and didn't actually make it to every vender there. Debating it I want to go back tomorrow.

If anyone is looking for a Springfield 1911 let me know!

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I got some really good deals at the show, and was able to find a few things i have been looking for.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    It was the busiest I've seen it since the pre election panic buying back in 2008. Ammo was selling super fast. I only picked up 500 rounds of 9mm. My buddy's son picked up a nice FN ps90. No VA to MD BS. A little too crowded to really check things out and hunt for the more obscure deals.

dan8480

Gun Addict
    Feb 23, 2008
    Adams County
    anyone wanna pick me up some 69 grain smks? I'm in need of them, but cant go to the show because this is my drill weekend...ugh I wanted to soooo bad, I got some money to burn...but its Navy first....

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    First time there today. Picked up some 45 ACP & magazines at a fair price. Tons of people maybe too many as it was hard to see a lot of the tables, I'm a short guy and could not see over shoulders. Worth the ride. Chris

pasayan73

May 31, 2009
    laurel, md
    Crowded....yes. Great show.....yes at least for me and my son. It is our father and son bonding trip. He said, dad...this my second time going to a gun show. Maybe, we can make this our yearly tradition. Yes of course,son! We bought a bag of beef jerky. I bought him a rubberband gun. That made him happy. I bought gun cleaning supplies, aftermarket trigger for my AR, 30 rd. mags, alum rifle case with wheels.....me happy!
    I wish we could buy a ruger 10/22 rifle but it's a 2 day wait because VSP is backed up.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Crowded....yes. Great show.....yes at least for me and my son. It is our father and son bonding trip. He said, dad...this my second time going to a gun show. Maybe, we can make this our yearly tradition. Yes of course,son! We bought a bag of beef jerky. I bought him a rubberband gun. That made him happy. I bought gun cleaning supplies, aftermarket trigger for my AR, 30 rd. mags, alum rifle case with wheels.....me happy!
    I wish we could buy a ruger 10/22 rifle but it's a 2 day wait because VSP is backed up.

Did you see the awesome 10/22 with the boy scout motto ?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    it was pack.. got there at 9 and surprised the parking lot wasnt even packed yet.. got in and went straight ahead to the husband and wife reloading supply.. grabbed couple pounds of powder but didnt have cci primers.. the wife said the distributor they were using hiked the price. oh well..

saw punchabearinamouf, wilcam, jmac and epps. punch and i was standing and talking for a long time at dennis todds (?) stand and nobody saw us w/ our mds hat nor we say any other mds peeps... you guys are good in hiding.. hahaha

before leaving.. we did hit the bbq place... it was yummy.. the place was packed so wilcam, jmac and i just sat by the sidewalk. lol

all in all.. there are deals to be had if you look. :)

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Pick up a Virginia non-resident concealed carry permit, that speeds things up. At least it does with my resident one. I took $300 with me, walked out with $100. Clips were weird, some places wanted $1 each, others $5! I'm stocked for Enfield, Springfield, and FN-49 clips. Bought 100 rounds of Greek surplus 30-06. The ammo can guy had some really nice cans.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    it was pack.. got there at 9 and surprised the parking lot wasnt even packed yet.. got in and went straight ahead to the husband and wife reloading supply.. grabbed couple pounds of powder but didnt have cci primers.. the wife said the distributor they were using hiked the price. oh well..

saw punchabearinamouf, wilcam, jmac and epps. punch and i was standing and talking for a long time at dennis todds (?) stand and nobody saw us w/ our mds hat nor we say any other mds peeps... you guys are good in hiding.. hahaha

before leaving.. we did hit the bbq place... it was yummy.. the place was packed so wilcam, jmac and i just sat by the sidewalk. lol

all in all.. there are deals to be had if you look. :)

I should have hung with epps, walked in with him. Got distracted with AR stuff.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I should have hung with epps, walked in with him. Got distracted with AR stuff.

he did mention that he saw you. he really could not stay late. we just talked for few and went seperately. few min later thats when i saw punch.. lol

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Pick up a Virginia non-resident concealed carry permit, that speeds things up. At least it does with my resident one. I took $300 with me, walked out with $100. Clips were weird, some places wanted $1 each, others $5! I'm stocked for Enfield, Springfield, and FN-49 clips. Bought 100 rounds of Greek surplus 30-06. The ammo can guy had some really nice cans.

back left? i grabbed couple of the small ones. :)

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown

Who has surplus 30-06 I must have missed it... How much was he ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom