• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    If anyone happens to notice AR 9mm mags (or a "real" 9mm beta) please drop a note.
    -Thanks

Saw some left of center about 2/3 back, right side of the aisle. 2 or 3 rows in from the left wall IIRC.

Here at the show. Chevellenut71 is in the house somewhere. Anybody else?

Ahem...........also ran into Mdeng and Sling Blade.

Anybody see any nice 300 win mags or 338 lapua's at the show today?

Saw some .338 and kept walking for the price they were asking. I can wait for a good sale online.

This. Be careful at this show about telling people that you're from Maryland. Most will offer their sympathies and happily transact business with you, but other times...

I once had a vendor panic and refuse to sell me magazines. Another vendor refused to sell me a Mosin and told me that we deserve SB 281 because Maryland gun owners are a bunch of cowards.

Buy mags cash and they'll never know. One of the 80% guys gave me a deal this show and last show because I'm from MD, just had to promise to engrave F*ck O'Malley on one.

I got most of what I went down for, a couple 80%, standard cap mags, extra bits, obnoxious t-shirt, Ace skeleton stock, EoTech EXPS3-0. Did not find any Black Dog .22 mags, Winchester 75 mags, the type of cheap flashlight I'm looking for and the sight guy wasn't there or I missed his table.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Sounds like a good trip. I wanted to go but its a 2 hour trip and the knee isn't going to make it.

Congrats!
    Jim Smith

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Can you tell us who this A-hole was, so we can avoid doing business with him?

The former was a wizened little old guy with one table who I haven't seen since, but the latter was some douchenozzle at Dark Sun. They've drawn complaints before and there's even one about them in this thread on page 2.

I don't think even one of these Chantilly threads goes by without mention of Dark Sun. They won't sell you a rifle, but they might give you a demented, douchey political rant or yell at you for "wasting their time," free of charge.

The former was a wizened little old guy with one table who I haven't seen since, but the latter was some douchenozzle at Dark Sun. They've drawn complaints before and there's even one about them in this thread on page 2.

I don't think even one of these Chantilly threads goes by without mention of Dark Sun. They won't sell you a rifle, but they might give you a demented, douchey political rant or yell at you for "wasting their time," free of charge.

Yeah, a few shows ago I told the Dark Sun guy to suck my balls. It takes a lot to piss me off like that, but he had that special talent.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Great to see dblas and Bolts Rock with a cool saddle leather lever gun carrier that looked like it came right out of the old Gunsmoke TV show....

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I now it's a longshot, but did anyone see a Winchester Model 55 lever gun in 30-30 for under $800?

Thanks!
    Jim Smith

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I once had a vendor panic and refuse to sell me magazines. Another vendor refused to sell me a Mosin and told me that we deserve SB 281 because Maryland gun owners are a bunch of cowards.

:lol: What did he suggest? A full out insurrection? Next time reply Virginian's deserve Terry McAuliffe.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Went today and felt good picking up 4 Ruger BX-25 mags as a F you to that silly MD law. The expo center was packed and I was amazed to see .22 aammo on several tables. Stupid high picing, but it was there.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Saw some left of center about 2/3 back, right side of the aisle. 2 or 3 rows in from the left wall IIRC.

Ahem...........also ran into Mdeng and Sling Blade.

Saw some .338 and kept walking for the price they were asking. I can wait for a good sale online.

Buy mags cash and they'll never know. One of the 80% guys gave me a deal this show and last show because I'm from MD, just had to promise to engrave F*ck O'Malley on one.

I got most of what I went down for, a couple 80%, standard cap mags, extra bits, obnoxious t-shirt, Ace skeleton stock, EoTech EXPS3-0. Did not find any Black Dog .22 mags, Winchester 75 mags, the type of cheap flashlight I'm looking for and the sight guy wasn't there or I missed his table.

I had 3 tables there at the new years show and brought like 20 black dog 22 mags i think only two sold my friend texted me with the tables said they missed me and was going good worked out ok had a busy weekend with the weather

338lapua09

Feb 7, 2013
    3rd rock from sun
    I had 3 tables there at the new years show and brought like 20 black dog 22 mags i think only two sold my friend texted me with the tables said they missed me and was going good worked out ok had a busy weekend with the weather

Cant believe there wasn't more wrecks last nite with that weather..
    Much better show than new years for sure..Good attendance all day today..I wish I had more time to walk around ..

BTW ..The deli next door makes a dam good Rubin samich..

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County

I was looking for The Sight Guy too...didn't see his booth. I'd love to find an old steel Lyman or Redfield aperture sight for my Marlin 39A.

I also bought some standard capacity magazines...for my M1A and CZ-75, as well as a couple of BX-25s for my 10/22.

JoeR

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I went on Sunday morning, and came out with some pmags, a couple SW9VE mags, and a bunch of powder and primers. (And an M1A magazine stripper clip guide.)

Reloading supplies were definitely plentiful - I wouldn't say every powder was in evidence, but it was enough to work with if you weren't picky. No shortage of primers, which was nice.

Magazine selection was, IMHO, slightly worse than usual. Not horrible by any means, but I felt like pricing and availability wasn't up to snuff. If you had something popular, it was fine, of course... great place to stock up on pmags, less so for pistols that aren't M&Ps or Glocks. I also couldn't believe people were trying to sell aluminum G3 mags for like $20.

Ammo also felt kinda meh. Lotta folks flogging M855 at 50c a round. Some OK deals on steel-cased, but that was about it.

I did see some half-way decent deals on used optics, including some ACOGs.

No idea about the guns, I don't really look at them anymore except for hunting a few rarities that never turn up.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I was looking for The Sight Guy too...didn't see his booth. I'd love to find an old steel Lyman or Redfield aperture sight for my Marlin 39A.

I also bought some standard capacity magazines...for my M1A and CZ-75, as well as a couple of BX-25s for my 10/22.

JoeR

I was looking for one of the old Unertl tube sights he usually has for my Winchester 75.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom