• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    For those that have never been, this show is easily the largest one I have been to in the DMV area

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    just got back, did a quick walkthrough. didn't see any .223, 9mm, .40 or .45 that you couldn't get cheaper online, but there was a lot of ammo. pmags around $12, .308 pmags $20. tons of handguns and long guns but didn't price any. did price gen 3 glock 34 & 35 because I'm selling mine and they were $610-$660.

I don't understand the guys selling $20-30/box for crap 9mm and .40 and $20 - 30/normal pmags?

Georgia arms was there and I thought their prices for ammo were good.

the prices for .22LR was out of this world and varied greatly from vendor to vendor.

no one at the show had a S&W 10shot 617 revolver in 22LR. I wanted to feel the difference between a 4" and 6" before buying locally.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Do not bother with Dark Sun
    No sales to MD residents
    His excuse was someone said they got a gun from him and it was used in a crime then MD state police contacted him and he had to prove it was not sold by him. He said that would only happen in MD and not in VA.
    the only other people I asked said no problem except for an AR type or AK type. Several said will not sell HBAR to MD.

No Pistol powders to be found. Lots of rifle powders like IMR4895 Reloader 15 etc.
    Mosin food for $105-$160 + tax for 440 round tins.
    Surplus mosin as low as $6/20
    22LR was about 2x the price you'd see when Walmart, Basspro or Dicks had them in stock.
    Non matching SKS rifles $299 but forgot to ask the guy if MD sale ok.
    Mosins from $139-$169. Saw a few great looking laminated hexes in the $169 crate.
    Anyone interested in had made chopstix, got 8 for $10 to take home to wife along the front row :)

Last edited:

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Saw a couple Glock 42s at the show.
    The show looked to have a good turnout. I saw very few people actualy making purchases

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    FYI, I went into the adjacent Walmart yesterday and saw that they had Tulammo .223 at $119/500. They had I think four packs on the shelf yesterday. I already gave a few people a heads up, so there may or many not be any left.

It seemed like the show was less packed yesterday than on the Friday of the previous show. Must have been the rain or something.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    How do they handle carrying at the show? I read the website, just says unloaded and no loaded magazines.

Then it also says cable ties provided at the entrance? So they make you pit a cable tie through the action and then holster it?

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    How do they handle carrying at the show? I read the website, just says unloaded and no loaded magazines.

Then it also says cable ties provided at the entrance? So they make you pit a cable tie through the action and then holster it?

I unloaded, and locked the slide back before I got to the entrance. You hand it to the lady on the right who puts a zip tie in the barrel. Then you simply holster it and carry on. When you leave, they remove the zip tie with wire cutters and you're free to load up when you step outside the door.

derwingnut

Dec 16, 2011
    Essex
    Was there this minute, tons of mags, ammo and ar's. Someone even had a crate of sks's. Was'nt worth the trip for me as I was looking for some random small parts for several old bolts and an sks, but if you need an m1 carbine stock for some reason there were a bajillion there.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Pretty good show for me, but bad for the wallet. Got 5 Magpul AK mags from Liberty Arms for $60, a CZ 455 Varmint 17HMR from Damascus Guns Shop $468, and 3 boxes of CCI 17 HMR 20g FMJ for $15 a box. Also got to check out a SIG 556xi... I must have it!

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    Just went Friday burned about $536 Yesterday. I bought 1k small Pistol Primers $30, 1k Large Rifle Primers $33, 8 lb jug of IMR 4064 $180, one M&P Shield mag $37, 5 G17 Mags $120, and some new sight for my Shield and G17 $142. My original budget was $200, but when the vendor pulled out the powder jug some guy gave up buying I just could not stop getting myself about two years worth of powder for my C&R rifles. I messed up hard. The sights I bought off Midway that day because of their sale, found a cheaper version of the Glock sights, and I just gave up trying to restrain my spending that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom