• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I see some PF-9's are sold with this. What are the advantages? No rust?

As long as it does not scratch/wear off it's nearly impervious to corrosion. Cerakote has probably the highest resistance to abrasion of any coating on the market, so unless you really beat your gun up it will hold up pretty well.

I have seen a Cerakoted 1911 slide, where the guy working on it installed and removed the dovetailed sight, and no finish flaked/scratched off. Pretty impressive. Make sure you get it done by an NIC Industries-certified Cerakote finisher, as the surface prep is 100% vital to the proper adhesion to the surfaces being coated.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    Just wanted to check back and say that Bollinger did a great Cerakote job on my Sig frame and a couople of mags. Less than a week turnaround time and excellent work. It's refreshing to have work done promptly and done well. Thumbs up. Highly recommended!

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Is it expensive to get cerakote work done?
    I'd like it done on a 1911...once I pick one up. :)

Thinking tactical grey.

Also, i google mapped bollinger and the map points it to a fork near a church and cemetery.

BollingerGun

Jan 11, 2011
    Cerakote

Any body in Frederick do cerakote?
    Hello,
    Good to see you looking at Cerakote, it is a really great finish!
    We are the only certified Cerakote applicators in Maryland that will work on firearms, and it is $175 for a complete handgun in one color (we have lots in stock), $45 to break it down and reassemble unless you want to do that yourself.

If you are coming out of Frederick, come into Taneytown and we are 3 miles down Harney Road (hang a right at the church and we are the first drive on the right...your google directions didn't sound bad at all).

Drop off times are completely flexible to your schedule and turn around time is about a week for one color.

Have a great day! :)

Brandi Bollinger
    Bollinger Gunsmtihing & Sales, LLC

THEKOONTZ

Mar 2, 2012
    Pasadena/Glen Burnie
    Hello,
    Good to see you looking at Cerakote, it is a really great finish!

Drop off times are completely flexible to your schedule and turn around time is about a week for one color.

Have a great day! :)

Brandi Bollinger
    Bollinger Gunsmtihing & Sales, LLC

My wife and I can't wait to get her gun back! She is super excitied about her G17 to be the color she wanted. I'll be posting pics as soon as we get it back.

Brandi and Bob are super people and couldn't be happier they are handling our project. It was a real pleasure to meet them and hang out with them this past Tuesday, can't wait to go back! Thanks again guys, so you soon!!!

BollingerGun

Jan 11, 2011
    Done!

My wife and I can't wait to get her gun back! She is super excitied about her G17 to be the color she wanted. I'll be posting pics as soon as we get it back.

Brandi and Bob are super people and couldn't be happier they are handling our project. It was a real pleasure to meet them and hang out with them this past Tuesday, can't wait to go back! Thanks again guys, so you soon!!!

Hey guys, sending you an email now, she's all back together and looking pretty, oh so pretty..... :)

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House

This..they are awesome to work with. Can't wait to get my 2 guns back, anticipation is killing me. Can't recommend them enough.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom