• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    I have a 03FFL C&R license, and today I ordered a Walther P-1 (a C&R gun) from Century International Arms. A couple hours later I got an email that said "MARYLAND CUSTOMERS: We will sell used handguns manufactured prior to 1/1/85 as well as all C&R handguns to dealers only" and told me I need to have the gun sent to a 01FFL. I called their customer service office, and they told me this is company policy and they are not flexible on it. The clerk I talked to said the policy applies only to Maryland and he doesn't know why they do this.

Has anyone else seen this before? I have bought C&R handguns from other vendors, and they sent them to me directly.

I canceled my order, by the way.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have a 03FFL C&R license, and today I ordered a Walther P-1 (a C&R gun) from Century International Arms. A couple hours later I got an email that said "MARYLAND CUSTOMERS: We will sell used handguns manufactured prior to 1/1/85 as well as all C&R handguns to dealers only" and told me I need to have the gun sent to a 01FFL. I called their customer service office, and they told me this is company policy and they are not flexible on it. The clerk I talked to said the policy applies only to Maryland and he doesn't know why they do this.

Has anyone else seen this before? I have bought C&R handguns from other vendors, and they sent them to me directly.

I canceled my order, by the way.

Nope. I've had 3 shipped to me in the past week. 2 from SOG and 1 from AIM. Deal with them. SOG has P1's for about $350, both of the ones I got were very nice.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Sarco has the same policy. Unfortunately I didn't find out until I was at their store and they refused to sell my any C&R firearms. They had a lot of parts, etc., that I wanted, but I didn't spend a nickel with them.

Screw them.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    Century apparently has certain people that KNOW the rules and people that don't care about the rules. You're gotten one of the don't care's.

It's gonna take a big spender like Yellowsled to get uber/royally pissed off about the MD question before an email or a memo is sent out that takes care of this.

Sad but true.

Can our CAI regulars give Ragnar a MD-friendly name to talk to get him his shit?

Kelson1066

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frederick County
    Sarco has the same policy. Unfortunately I didn't find out until I was at their store and they refused to sell my any C&R firearms. They had a lot of parts, etc., that I wanted, but I didn't spend a nickel with them.

Screw them.

I bought plenty of things from them from 05-08. I wonder why they changed their policy?

But I was told the same thing by the folks at AIM when I tried to purchase a CZ-82 so like Sarco they don't get my business.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Century apparently has certain people that KNOW the rules and people that don't care about the rules. You're gotten one of the don't care's.

It's gonna take a big spender like Yellowsled to get uber/royally pissed off about the MD question before an email or a memo is sent out that takes care of this.

Sad but true.

Can our CAI regulars give Ragnar a MD-friendly name to talk to get him his shit?

You have to call and talk with certain sales people. If you order online, they will kick it back.

I deal with Steve.

Steve Stanko

Century International Arms

* NEW DIRECT NUMBER

1-561-908-7130
    1-800-527-1252 EXT 314

1-888-731-9555 ext 4

Fax 1-561-922-5254

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Unfortunately I have a feeling we are going to see more distributers and Gunbroker dealers refusing to ship handguns to C&R in Md after Oct 1st.

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    Call josh at #307 there.

I just got off the phone with Josh. He could not help. He recognized that it is not illegal for Century to ship the gun directly to me, but he said it is "company policy" that they will not ship C&R handguns directly to 03FFL holders in Maryland, New Jersey or New York. He didn't know why they have instituted this policy.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Frankly, based on the number of commenters here I'm amazed this many people were able to get Century to accept their C&R licenses and allow C&R licensees to even have an account with them in the first place. I've tried several times to set up an account with Century and each time I am ignored. I've found that every other C&R vendor is quite satisfied with my money, so I'll continue to patronize Century's competitors.

Century ranks right up there with WalMart.:tdown:

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Frankly, based on the number of commenters here I'm amazed this many people were able to get Century to accept their C&R licenses and allow C&R licensees to even have an account with them in the first place. I've tried several times to set up an account with Century and each time I am ignored...

I ran into this back in March. I signed up on their website, emailed my C&R license, got a reply that said it would take up to 72 hours to setup my account and then nothing. I emailed their support and went through the same process again, still no account. After a week of this I called and was put on hold for 15 minutes - I hung up.

The next day I called again and actually reached someone. I told them the issues I had trying to register with their site and he said, "No problem, what are you looking for?" I said I was looking to buy a CZ-82. He replied, "Sold out last night, anything else?" I asked if he could help setup my account so I could log in to see the prices. His reply was, he couldn't help with that...

I haven't seriously considered buying direct from CAI since that day. I'm not mad at them. They just seem to have more business than they can handle and no time for new C&R accounts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom