• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Pardon my ignorance here, but since the "Century Arms " rifle (C308) has receiver parts that are more compatible with the Cetme design that the HK91 design, does this mean that original Spanish Cetme rifles are banned?

I'm going to work on sorting this out. The parts are definitely not completely interchangeable- and the CETME was listed as not banned. At least they didn't claim it was a copy of the HK 94 40mm...

Looks like Duffy's is going to ask the same thing ...

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Pardon my ignorance here, but since the "Century Arms " rifle (C308) has receiver parts that are more compatible with the Cetme design that the HK91 design, does this mean that original Spanish Cetme rifles are banned?

What is more compatible part? It is either a compatible part or it isn't.

Feb 28, 2013
    What is more compatible part? It is either a compatible part or it isn't.

True, but I think he meant that in the sense that this gun is something of a hybrid. The bolts won't swap out but it does take HK mags, so "more" is probably an appropriate term here.

Feb 28, 2013

Given the definition of "copy", this latest crapola could probably be interpreted that way.

Feb 28, 2013
    Yup. And I'd reckon it's just a matter of time 'til they ban the VZ58/2008, which, from the mindset of the average gun-fearing lefty, is, considering the intent of the Oct '13 ban, for all intents and purposes effectively an AK.

That would have to be the biggest stretch of them all.

Even the likes of Frosh and that Kathleen Dumbass would be laughed out of a courtroom if they tried to convince anyone that a VZ is actually a Kalashnikov in disguise.

Based on what? The radius of the curvature of the "banana clip"?:rolleyes:

'04 Cummins

Defenestrator
    That would have to be the biggest stretch of them all.

Even the likes of Frosh and that Kathleen Dumbass would be laughed out of a courtroom if they tried to convince anyone that a VZ is actually a Kalashnikov in disguise.

Based on what? The radius of the curvature of the "banana clip"?:rolleyes:

It shootz teh same boolits!!!! Must be an AK!!!! Ban it! Think of the childrens :rolleyes:

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Hmmm...from that list:

Polytech Polytech Inc M14 Not Banned Not Regulated by Statue 8/5/2014

But then you have:

Fulton Armory Fulton Armory Semi-Auto M14 Banned Copy of an enumerated banned assault weapon. 3/12/2015

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Hmmm...from that list:

But then you have:

Fulton Armory Fulton Armory Semi-Auto M14 Banned Copy of an enumerated banned assault weapon. 3/12/2015

Don't try to figure it out, that causes brain damage then they have you declared incompetent and you cannot own firearms any longer.....hey wait! Is that their plan?

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    True, but I think he meant that in the sense that this gun is something of a hybrid. The bolts won't swap out but it does take HK mags, so "more" is probably an appropriate term here.

Exactly. The C308 rifle strikes me as something as a cross between the two designs, thus the word "compatible". I'm not certain if one can take the bolt from an original Cetme rifle and just drop it into the C308 rifle offered from Century... is this what the good folks at Duffy's did? Regardless, it seems to me that this is a perfect case of "give them an inch...". They came up with a list of "banned" guns and got the wording down such that a large number of rifles can be added to it without legislative review. Believe me, they will clear up these "loop holes" incrementally over the next few years.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They came up with a list of "banned" guns and got the wording down such that a large number of rifles can be added to it without legislative review.
    They didn't even do that. The legislation is very clear that it only applies to "a firearm that is any of the following specific assault weapons or their copies". The MSP and AG defined copy as "cosmetically similar AND completely interchangeable parts" with a named assault long gun. It is right there on the page! The licensing division is simply doing an absolutely horrific job in researching to determine what guns are really copies or not.

The governor and/or superintendent could fix this problem with zero fanfare or blowback by simply instructing the licensing division to do their damn jobs properly using the standard they set, instead of half-assing it by eyeballing the submitted guns and calling it a day. There is zero political cost to that, and the fact that it hasn't been done yet should tell you everything about the contempt that Hogan and his crew seem to hold us in.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I called them and it failed the 2 of 3 evils, put a muzzle brake and its GTG...

Cpl Kaub

Then they need to change it to a "Copycat" instead of how they have it listed now as a "Copy of an enumerated assault weapon". Until they do that, no shop is going to sell them.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Hmmm...from that list:

But then you have:

Some Polytech M14 parts aren't compatible with USGI M14s (I think something with the gas system). Betcha the Fulton Armory rifle is an exact copy of a GI M14

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Then they need to change it to a "Copycat" instead of how they have it listed now as a "Copy of an enumerated assault weapon". Until they do that, no shop is going to sell them.

I wonder if this is the same deal with the C308?

Feb 28, 2013
    I wonder if this is the same deal with the C308?

Can't be, because the C308 only has the flash hider, IF you even wanna call that thing a "flash hider".

Some idiot just took one look at it and called it banned without doing ANY due diligence whatsoever, likely at the behest of the new States' Attorney. :rolleyes:

prpete

Nov 10, 2008
    Aberdeen
    The bolt groups are not interchangeable at all. The question is how are we going to hold anyone responsible for this criminal activity?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The bolt groups are not interchangeable at all. The question is how are we going to hold anyone responsible for this criminal activity?
    Well, theoretically speaking, that list does not have the force of law. FFLs could simply ignore it and tell the MSP to go screw themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom