• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Ah, forgot to tell you guys, driving home yesterday afternoon there was a guy laying face down at the corner of Elkmore and 213, about 10 people milling around, one person knelt down beside him. We spun around and parked over in the entrance to that Holly Hall development to see if he was dead. Minute or so later here comes Singerly, no lights or anything, just rolled up, flipped him over and made him sit upright, then loaded him up on a stretcher and left. Weird, maybe the local drunk or something?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Lots of dope up that area. Wasn't really an issue until the competition and robbery associated with Heroin began.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Not sure there, foxtrapper, razor wire barrier might show intent to harm and put you on the other side of the law. A natural barrier would be preferred like a large tree across the access.

On the other hand that would be a mess for the deer- and I want to hunt them not cut them up and entrap them. What I really wish for is a big old thick stone wall all across that back border, 3-4 feet high, like this one.

Attachments

• skillmanwallsNEborder2.jpg
      skillmanwallsNEborder2.jpg
      117.5 KB · Views: 410
    • skillmanwallsNEborder1.jpg
      skillmanwallsNEborder1.jpg
      188.6 KB · Views: 326

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Trail camera and turn over photos to the Sheriff's office or rebar spikes in the trail for the ATV tires. Chris

Trail camera and Sheriff yes. Rebar spikes or booby traps, I'd recommend against it. You will be held liable. It's a bad move. Trespassing does not constitute trying to kill someone. Have spoken with our own Cecil Sheriffs on this topic when I was having trouble with my property. People go to jail for booby trapping.

Of course I considered the trail cam idea, but the one I have only takes pics once per minute, and the better cameras that do every second or 10 seconds you can set them to are more expensive and I don't have any, nor can I afford any right now. I do have a security box for the mini Moultries, the cheapest camera of which it that fits is about 130.00. I'd love to get full face pics of these assholes, as I am certain they are the same ones who stole my tree stand.

Is it legal to put rebar stakes in the trails?

Absolutely is not legal. See above. No trespass signs, trail camera if possible. Notify Cecil County Sheriff that your land is being trespassed and destroyed. They do care. I've been there. Do not booby trap! If you hurt or kill someone you will go to jail.

Its your property why not ?? Or run some wire cable 18 inches to 30 inches off the ground . Not high enough to decapitate them (I wouldnt convict you for it ) but enough to make them crash

I'm going to recommend NO form of booby trapping.

A kid was killed a month or so ago off of Nazerene Camp RD, ran into a cable chest high. Word is there could be charges filed against the land owner. Sounds ass backwards I know, but even while trespassing if someone is fvcked up bad enough on your property you could be held liable.

Agree it's a shitty situation, but booby trapping is an absolute no go. Yes the land owner is most likely going to be charged in that case and for good reason. It was an intentional trap to cause bodily harm.

How about razor wire? LOL

Whoever these punks are will feel at home seeing razor wire since I am sure they have seen the inside of Cecil county's correction facility a number of times. I sense 2 adult men doing the worst of the stuff.

I hope you are joking ( I think you are). I know it is extremely annoying and frustrating. The best thing you can do is knock over some big trees over the trails to keep them out. Maybe see if someone can help you put some boulders in there especially at the trail heads. They will eventually get the message.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I think digging to loosen the soil with lots of water both of which encourage regrowth of natural habitat is the way to go. Anyone riding there will leave a mud trail when they leave. Natural plantings will also help, I am partial to cat briers myself. Work with nature to improve the habitat, no one can fault you for helping nature.

Also be careful while you are working in the woods because the poison ivy will be leafing out soon and if you happen to brush against it along a trail it will give you a bad rash that can be very uncomfortable.

Last edited:

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Lets see.......

Twice now stores have been robbed with a machette. Drug dealer killed by another drug dealer in West Creek Village (aka the newer section of Winding Brook), plus lots of other wholesome goodness going on lately!

It's getting pretty ridicilous. If I owned a store I'd sure as shit shoot someone before long. Any of you guys remember Con Shananhan? His place didn't get robbed much after he unloaded on someone. (By the way, RIP, Con died recently)

http://www.cecildaily.com/news/local_news/article_bf4740ff-93a6-5d17-8126-17b960665fe4.html

http://www.cecildaily.com/news/local_news/article_d3ed2aa0-ee10-5921-a2ae-779ec0c3de11.html

Con was a great guy my mother and him had been friends since high school.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Con was a great guy my mother and him had been friends since high school.

I trained with him when I was very young (11-12 years old). Super tough dude, his body was beat up pretty badly.

My nephew was waiting for him to show up at his house the night he died,... waiting,.... calling,.... waiting.....:o

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I think digging to loosen the soil with lots of water both of which encourage regrowth of natural habitat is the way to go. Anyone riding there will leave a mud trail when they leave. Natural plantings will also help, I am partial to cat briers myself. Work with nature to improve the habitat, no one can fault you for helping nature.

Also be careful while you are working in the woods because the poison ivy will be leafing out soon and if you happen to brush against it along a trail it will give you a bad rash that can be very uncomfortable.

This is another viable solution. Plant lots of briars at the trail heads to discourage unwanted visitors.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Does anyone know if the RR ties they replace are available for free/cheap? There are a few hundred on the contrail (?) property at the Elk Mills RR crossing. I would imagine they would be a nice deterrent at trail heads as well.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I'm not condoning just taking them, but seeing if anyone knew if they could be bought or transfered free. I know some hardware stores sell them for $5-$15/each, so cutting out the middle man. I'd love to have a few dozen for a range backstop.

I could see if someone came across a down tree on a trail, they might clear it thinking its a favor. But RR ties are not natural and give a stronger No Trespassing impression.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Best bet it to find the railroad crew and ask them. Many times they will tell you to take whatever you want. Less for them to clean up.

This also works for Contractedtree companitles that drop timber for Delmarva.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    BTW, another suggestion is to have signs made up, but not just no trespassing signs, but something to the effect of "Danger, Foxtrap Hunting Club Area"

The low-lifes know that no treaspassing signs can't be enforced, but getting accidently shot while trespassing on a hunt club leaves them little legal grounds...

Had hiself a jury of his pears, jus as inbred as him?

BTW, I wish that whoever stole my tree stand and now cut downed tree junk to make their 4 wheeler trail extend to where no one did shit for 2 years, nice and open, is heavily into the Cecil rednecky drug trade and someone offs them soon. Or a junkie and they OD to death. Total trash POS's. My dad cut a buttload of smaller trees with his very excellent hand saw to close in that trail and the others. If they cut all that out, it will be chainsaw time and even bigger trees. Nobody messed with the place for almost 2 years, then bam, some sleazy must have gotten out of jail. 4 wheeler assholes also come up/down the RR tracks, maybe a train will come and they will zip over to get out of the way too fast, overturn and break their necks. Yes, I am hopping mad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom