• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Tyler Firearms is releasing on the 8th day. Always have, always will. Maryland law allows it, therefore we follow the law. We have plenty of handguns in stock, too. We just got a big shipment of Glock in yesterday. They won’t last past Saturday, but we have some for now.

We have no shotguns or AR’s, but we’re expecting more this week or next. We also have a few Ruger 10/22 in stock. They’re about the only thing we get on a consistent basis... LOL

Chuck

BGOS busted by one of the good guys. :party29:

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I don't know where you've been, but the OPM data breach gave exactly nobody G&S. It was tried from several different angles and failed spectacularly.

After much travail, an active TS is G&S.

I know 2 people that got it due to using OPM breach. They got it without having to go through the board.

damosan

Feb 21, 2009
    As with others....I'm still waiting and will be waiting until MSP catches up as my FFL of choice, or he was my FFL of choice, won't release until MSP says so. :-/

Day *nine*, *ten*, whenever...

RedRider48

Jun 11, 2020
    Severna Park, MD
    My standing early today was UNDER SECOND REVIEW, now it's showing UNDER REVIEW MDSP. whats that mean.

This happened to me with my first regulated purchase under these new 77R guidelines. At first I thought, oh my what skeletons did they find? Turns out, a couple days later, I received my "NOT Disapproved" email. Not sure what's up with this?

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    If your dealer wont release your gun on the 8th day find a new dealer next time. I can see if you are a first time buyer from that particular dealer and they never went through the complete process with you, they might have reservations. However, if you purchased a handgun from them within the past year, and its the 8th day, you past the NICS check, they should have no problem with your transfer.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    If your dealer wont release your gun on the 8th day find a new dealer next time. I can see if you are a first time buyer from that particular dealer and they never went through the complete process with you, they might have reservations. However, if you purchased a handgun from them within the past year, and its the 8th day, you past the NICS check, they should have no problem with your transfer.

They should have no problem with an 8th day transfer regardless. They are permitted to by law. Anything more restrictive is a LGS just adding to the infringement.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

In MD, I thought MSP did NICS check. Dealer doesn't know result until paperwork comes back.

Or is it otherwise?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    In MD, I thought MSP did NICS check. Dealer doesn't know result until paperwork comes back.

Or is it otherwise?

MSP does the NICS check on handguns, state statute is no reply from MSP after 7 days, firearm can be released on 8th day.

Dealers do the NICS check on rifles/shotguns, per federal law, they can release the firearm (rifle/shotgun) after three days without a reply from NICS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom