• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    If I had to guess some liberal politically biased group paid to have someone hack into the systems to retrieve the information. I really hope that I'm wrong though and that our data is not compromised. Just think of the fallout from a mess like that. Think what organized criminal groups and terrorists could do with such information. It's a recipe for disaster and was from the start. Did they not see this coming?

good. let them come.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Has anyone contacted the media about this? I don't watch MD news so don't know if it was covered.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Has anyone contacted the media about this? I don't watch MD news so don't know if it was covered.

It's definitely in the news. However, as many media outlets as possible should be contacted to report on this. It hasn't hit the big news agencies yet I don't think. I could be wrong. I'd assume the more contacts that are involved in investigating this the better though. Working in IT and knowing better “catastrophic hardware failure” sounds like code for we had a serious breach and had to shut all systems down immediately. What really has happened is anybody's guess.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/maryland/articles/2020-06-24/maryland-gun-buyers-should-expect-background-check-delays#:~:text=Authorities%20in%20Maryland%20say%20gun,to%20a%20state%20data%20system.&text=The%20hardware%20failure%20is%20preventing,police%20spokesman%20Greg%20Shipley%20said.

I just received email saying that the system is back online. Does not appear to be a hack or databreach. There was a planned outage for maintenance and "operational changes" on Sunday. I'm guessing they did some kind of upgrade that did not go as planned.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I just received email saying that the system is back online. Does not appear to be a hack or databreach. There was a planned outage for maintenance and "operational changes" on Sunday. I'm guessing they did some kind of upgrade that did not go as planned.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thank God for that! Phew. :thumbsup:

Maryland, where your 2A rights rely on whether a computer system has a "Catastrophic Hardware Failure".

:mad54:

LUVE

Apr 27, 2020
    Montgomery County, MD
    My 77R had taken more than 7 days, so I sent MSP an email and received this automated response.

I contacted my dealer who said that MSP gave no direction other than to say that all processing is delayed. Wanted to share in case there are others out there wondering why their 77R hasn't been approved yet. Womp womp.
    Thank you for posting! I'm in the same situation. I will call dealer once they open today since it's my pick-up day today. I'll update good or bad news.

I reviewed my app and there is no NICS date/number for 77R :(

Kaiju

Mar 2, 2013
    Thank you for posting! I'm in the same situation. I will call dealer once they open today since it's my pick-up day today. I'll update good or bad news.

I reviewed my app and there is no NICS date/number for 77R :(

Sure thing. Given my join date and post count, you can see I don't post often, but I was thinking I was one of the first people that would be hit by this do I figured I'd post.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Tyler Firearms is releasing on the 8th day. Always have, always will. Maryland law allows it, therefore we follow the law. We have plenty of handguns in stock, too. We just got a big shipment of Glock in yesterday. They won’t last past Saturday, but we have some for now.

We have no shotguns or AR’s, but we’re expecting more this week or next. We also have a few Ruger 10/22 in stock. They’re about the only thing we get on a consistent basis... LOL

Chuck

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Tyler Firearms is releasing on the 8th day. Always have, always will. Maryland law allows it, therefore we follow the law. We have plenty of handguns in stock, too. We just got a big shipment of Glock in yesterday. They won’t last past Saturday, but we have some for now.

We have no shotguns or AR’s, but we’re expecting more this week or next. We also have a few Ruger 10/22 in stock. They’re about the only thing we get on a consistent basis... LOL

Chuck
    Any Marlin .45-70 lever guns?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The OPM data breach gave a whole lotta folks a certifiable G&S for CCW permit. Perhaps this will give all those Marylanders affected the same certifiable G&S.

I don't know where you've been, but the OPM data breach gave exactly nobody G&S. It was tried from several different angles and failed spectacularly.

After much travail, an active TS is G&S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom