• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    While most would hunker down I have a different plan. Myself and a group of friends will be heavily armed. We would then go to multiple food and water distribution centers and take and secure them. Once we have the food and water warehouses under our control we will take the Amish and all their animals and use their horse and buggys to move the entire contents of the federal reserve into our warehouses. The money will be useless now, but once civilization returns we will be king.

Atleast this is how it worked out in my head, actually results may differ.

Yeah, ok.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    It made me wonder whether Maryland laws governing gun carry would apply in serious catastrophic situations
    Watch "crowd control" at basic events like concerts and such. The ones in uniform with the orange sticks are just there for the orderly movement of people. But watch how they react if you don't obey them. Watch the refuge camps where it's more important the perimeter guards have guns than the masses have food, water or sanitation. Permits and rights are invalid if public safety wants you disarmed. "You can petition for your rights and property after the crisis is over. please move in an orderly manner inside the wire. Thank you for cooperating."

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    How many here know that MD already has a disaster law that revokes the Second Amendment?

As far as solar EMP ... by the nature of the physics involved, the largest systems will be most effected and the smallest least effected. The long line power transmission lines are designed with thousands of break points in hopes that any catastrophic event would take out the grid on a temporary basis, but the majority of it would be back on within a few days. There isn't anything beyond fiction to suggest they are wrong. Even in a worst case scenario, I can not fathom EMF that could take out the short wiring and small coils on an old Diesel truck or car. Just not enough wire there to burn itself out. A loop has to be closed to generate burnout current ... an old Diesel sitting around with no battery or a battery switch as commonly used on RV's, would make the system 100% protected.

The 1850's telegraph system could not have been a better receiver and demonstration device for the Carrington Event. Even at that, much of the system was not completely destroyed.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    While most would hunker down I have a different plan. Myself and a group of friends will be heavily armed. We would then go to multiple food and water distribution centers and take and secure them. Once we have the food and water warehouses under our control we will take the Amish and all their animals and use their horse and buggys to move the entire contents of the federal reserve into our warehouses. The money will be useless now, but once civilization returns we will be king.

Atleast this is how it worked out in my head, actually results may differ.

I saw this show on The History Channel too. The warehouse guy died. Have fun.

PS: Would the hot neighbors be considered finger food?...

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The smell will be terrible! You can live 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water, and 3 weeks without food. Within the first month there will be so many dead they won't be able to handle the disposal.

Know:

How to purify water.

How to start a fire without a Bic lighter.

Preserve food.

Doctor yourself.

Have a skill that will be in demand to barter with for what you need.

Make sure your seeds are not hybrids so they will breed true.

Know what a years supply of toilet paper amounts to and store it.

Where are you gonna get .22 ammo?

Start reading
    http://www.pssurvival.com/
    http://zerogov.com/?p=3114

If you would like to have some idea of what it would be like here is a first person report of what survival in Bosnia was like, it is a compelling read.
    http://sovietoutpost.revdisk.org/?p=72

The Boy Scouts had it right "Be Prepared"!

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    So who wants to be the HDG militia? Must secure a good spot on the river and all sources of wood for fires to sanitize the water. Of course, I might just fight my way through Cecil to my/parents land and join the neighbors there. First we shoot the scuzzy neighbors who steal things and have been poaching deer for years, steal their horses, and then we shoot the ATV/motorbiker rats if they come around. Then I guess we shoot the junkies? Highjack a freight train if it has foodstuffs on it LOL.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Mine in bold. And I have smelled some pretty rank dead animals, so after I toss up a few times, maybe I will get used to it? BTW I will be trying to get that way, how about we take over Fair Hill? Nice and rural, so not as much stinky.

The smell will be terrible! You can live 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water, and 3 weeks without food. Within the first month there will be so many dead they won't be able to handle the disposal.

Know:

How to purify water. check
    How to start a fire without a Bic lighter.-My uncle once showed me how to make a bow drill and tinder, and I watch those survival shows lol

Preserve food. - sun/smoke dry jerky- check

Doctor yourself. I just need a lot of Neosporin and proper suture thread. Already have the needles lol- the rest? need Teratos
    Have a skill that will be in demand to barter with for what you need. trapping, seeing things others don't notice, memory of things
    Make sure your seeds are not hybrids so they will breed true. AHHHH I hate Monsanto
    Know what a years supply of toilet paper amounts to and store it. LOL LOL LOL- but be sure you don't use poison ivy leaves
    Where are you gonna get .22 ammo? I have a lot of 5.56 and 5.7 x 28 and 9mm lol
    Start reading
    http://www.pssurvival.com/
    http://zerogov.com/?p=3114

If you would like to have some idea of what it would be like here is a first person report of what survival in Bosnia was like, it is a compelling read.
    http://sovietoutpost.revdisk.org/?p=72

The Boy Scouts had it right "Be Prepared"!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Mine in bold. And I have smelled some pretty rank dead animals, so after I toss up a few times, maybe I will get used to it? BTW I will be trying to get that way, how about we take over Fair Hill? Nice and rural, so not as much stinky.

Fair Hill is my backyard, we will be busy shooting all the people who try to come to Cecil from Delaware, Pennsylvania and Hartford County. You need to stay in Hartford and stop all the Baltimorons from crossing the river.

I am glad you got the bold items covered. I am working on a project to learn to blacksmith a long spring trap from scratch. I demonstrate blacksmithing at Rough and Tumble Engineers Historical Association. I want to set up a display showing the various types and sizes of traps and the parts that go into making a trap and show how a blacksmith would make the parts. I have collected all the standard size traps except a No.1 and No. 3 in long spring style and do have an example of a jump trap to show the difference. So if there is a TEOTWAWKI maybe we will have something to trade, traps for meat and furs.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    We have Middle Eastern, Chinese, American, German, Mexican and others. Wouldn't be eating the same thing everyday. :lol2:

Some of the Middle Eastern and Mexican can be a little spicy for my taste. American can be a little bland but German is good and I really like Italian. The problem with Chinese is an hour later and you are hungry again.:lol2:

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    I was a fire controlman in the Navy. Not a fire fighter, I controlled the firing of the ship's weapons. In fire control man 'A' school we were given 36 weeks of electronics training.... That was the first time I had heard of EMP. All of the Navy weapon system electronics were hardened to protect against EMP. ... The EMP generates an electrical pulse so strong it burns up all electronics. Not just modern digital electronics, but anything electrical. That toaster that's unplugged and stored in a kitchen cabinet? Done. A flashlight out in the garage? Done. Uncle Larry's pacemaker? Done.
    I worked for the Naval Sea Systems Command and, after that, the National Imagery and Mapping Agency. The years I spent working for the Navy were the best years of my life. But both NAVSEA and NIMA took the EMP threat very seriously, while the civilians tended to treat it like some kind of wacko survivalist invention.

One of my primary concerns is prisons. If you can't feed them or contain them, you can either shoot them or free them. In Maryland, let me guess...hmmmm?

I've got a food supply and a bugout bag. A very nice bag, too. I figure if I managed to save my car, it would only be taken away from me, so I haven't even tried to harden that. But about modern flashlights (like the Klarus, Olight and Nitecore lights), wouldn't batteries have to be in them? I keep my lights in my safe, anyway, along with some electronic gear. Some things I've heard would be spared, but like what?

In such an event there would be no gun confiscations like after Katrina because all the data storage devices that hold our info would be fried.
    Hope that's true, but it's fascinating how some of our leaders don't acknowledge that catastrophes can happen, but if so, they still think they know better than us how to handle it.

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    I got a buddy in crownsville who's neighbour has the most impressive arsenal as well as a tank. Id be headed there lol in reality though im probably as unprepared as the next person, security wise my 6th floor apartment and heavy steel door has kept the fire department out so I dont think id have any issues with the crazies, if things went down tonight I could probably ration my food/water to last a few weeks before id have to venture out for anything extra. At that point though im not sure what id be walking into. Kindly is a scary thought and hard to grasp what id actually do in that situation

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    When you have a moving magnetic field about an electrical conductor you will generate electricity in that conductor. So as the magnetic pulse travels through the air it generates brief but extremely high electrical currents in electrical devices which burns them up. Anything electrical which is not properly shielded will fry.

Yes, but it takes a lot of energy to burn up non-electronic, electrical devices.

Like a toaster was mentioned earlier. You would have transfer more than 1500 watts to the toaster to burn it up (typical rating for the heating coils). And if you have 1500 watts per the size of a toaster, you have a LOT of energy in the air. Especially at any distance from the device.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The other thought I had was for a while on Wednesday morning when the power first went out our cell phones were not working either. Even if we needed to call 911 we couldn't and the large trees on the roads would prevent a response.

All this really made me want to plan and execute how to be more self sufficient and ready.

One reason we will have a land line.

About 2 days into a power outage, the cell tower generators run out of fuel. So no more cell service.

Yes, a tree down will take out the land line, but so far, we have not lost the land line, even when power was out for several days.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    How to purify water - Several ways

How to start a fire without a Bic lighter. - Or stock a lot of lighters. :)

Preserve food - Several ways

Know what a years supply of toilet paper amounts to and store it - So what happens after a year? You stop crapping?

Where are you gonna get .22 ammo? Stockpile now.

knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    Without groceries, in 1 week 10-15% would die. In 2 weeks that number is 50%. That also means that in week #1, people will gladly enter your home for food. They'll think they are justified and they will be armed. In 2 weeks it will be worse than medieval times. The irony! The irony that countries we call 3rd world would easily survive this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom