• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Sunrise, did you happen to get any video? If so, take it to social media. Send it to every local news organization. Even if you didn't, contact your congress critter. The relationship between DC and the Feds is bad pretty universally and this is federal turf (literally). Even if your rep is a hard leftist, they don't want ATVs on the National Mall.

Delski

MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2021
    I'm not surprised that I'm not surprised.

The lawlessness (and destruction of property) I saw on the Mall was shameful. That it could happen between a sacred monument, a solemn war memorial and in full view of The White House is really a sign of the times.

US Park Police has a staffing of 605 sworn officers, but that's spread around:

Below is a partial list of areas policed by the United States Park Police.
    It's only a matter of time before these gatherings get larger and rival crews who've got beefs show up with weapons.
    If you want to see something more ****** up, look at DC MPD’s staffing. They are THE law enforcement in DC and have currently between 1200-1800 officers actually on the street patrolling for a population that surges to 3 million plus throughout the day. DC is honestly a ticking time bomb of crime and the next time a riot happens, DC is done. Especially after city council banned the use of riot control agents and riot gear.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Sunrise, did you happen to get any video? If so, take it to social media. Send it to every local news organization. Even if you didn't, contact your congress critter. The relationship between DC and the Feds is bad pretty universally and this is federal turf (literally). Even if your rep is a hard leftist, they don't want ATVs on the National Mall.
    Unfortunately, I didn't get any video of it. When it happens again (not if), I'll definitely get video.

All I've been able to find is that one clip on Twitter.... I'm amazed it's the only one up there. Looked on Instagram/Facebook, but didn't see anything. They probably filmed themselves on TikTok, but I'm not using/searching that CCP garbage.

Dropped a message to the congress critter with a link to that clip. It's better than nothing at least. We'll see if that goes anywhere.

This whole thing pisses me off. It's a gut punch and a reality-check about how bad things really are.

Checksbob

U wreckum I checkum
    Punks will be punks and putting away any of those bikers they can ID would be a good thing.

But - Having had to go into the District since the mid 70s, I find the prophets of eventual destruction kinda amusing because things in general are SO much better than they were back when f-ing Marion Barry became mayor, especially the second time. It got so bad in the 1990s that Congress got involved and forced huge changes to DC Govt. That's when the corruption and waste under Barry was so insane that Congress imposed a control board and things improved under the next mayor. A big part was because he brought in a new police chief (Ramsey) who was given the authority to totally reorganize the department. The results show in historic data like this:

fifty-year-homicide-rate-in-dc1-29u1lig.jpg

Yes, there are areas you definitely don't want to go into especially at night but they are now so focused and known that the only people who do are the ones who unfortunately have to live there.

Over-18-new-1024x771.png

Plus, most people are unaware of how many different law enforcement agencies are in DC. That's both a blessing and a curse, both in coordination problems and "not my turf." But when push comes to shove they can and do call on each other to increase their numbers.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Punks will be punks and putting away any of those bikers they can ID would be a good thing.

But - Having had to go into the District since the mid 70s, I find the prophets of eventual destruction kinda amusing because things in general are SO much better than they were back when f-ing Marion Barry became mayor, especially the second time. It got so bad in the 1990s that Congress got involved and forced huge changes to DC Govt. That's when the corruption and waste under Barry was so insane that Congress imposed a control board and things improved under the next mayor. A big part was because he brought in a new police chief (Ramsey) who was given the authority to totally reorganize the department. The results show in historic data like this:

Yes, there are areas you definitely don't want to go into especially at night but they are now so focused and known that the only people who do are the ones who unfortunately have to live there.

Over-18-new-1024x771.png

Plus, most people are unaware of how many different law enforcement agencies are in DC. That's both a blessing and a curse, both in coordination problems and "not my turf." But when push comes to shove they can and do call on each other to increase their numbers.

Makes me giggle in a sick way. DHS “new” HQ in scenic Anacostia, Ward 8 IIRC. I made lots of trips in and out of “the zone” when I worked there. Never once without my friend. Always with the proverbial SA gene working overtime.

Do. Not. Miss. It.
    Not. One. Bit.

DC gets what DC wants. Prove me wrong.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    If you want to see something more ****** up, look at DC MPD’s staffing. They are THE law enforcement in DC and have currently between 1200-1800 officers actually on the street patrolling for a population that surges to 3 million plus throughout the day. DC is honestly a ticking time bomb of crime and the next time a riot happens, DC is done. Especially after city council banned the use of riot control agents and riot gear.
    No doubt.

MPD Staffing Reports
    June 2023: https://mpdc.dc.gov/sites/default/f...tent/attachments/Staffing_Report_JUN_2023.pdf

MPD hasn't issued an update to the Staffing and Attrition Data since April 2023: https://mpdc.dc.gov/node/1635891

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Over-18-new-1024x771.png

MPD never showed up to assist the Park Police. They should have.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Makes me giggle in a sick way. DHS “new” HQ in scenic Anacostia, Ward 8 IIRC. I made lots of trips in and out of “the zone” when I worked there. Never once without my friend. Always with the proverbial SA gene working overtime.

Do. Not. Miss. It.
    Not. One. Bit.

DC gets what DC wants. Prove me wrong.
    I'm sure they came from Anacostia.

If I was running things, I'd follow them to the bridge on their way home and have advance units close both ends of it when they're on it. Arrest them all. Confiscate the bikes/ATV's. Send them to prison for five years minimum.

That would end it.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Unfortunately, I didn't get any video of it. When it happens again (not if), I'll definitely get video.

All I've been able to find is that one clip on Twitter.... I'm amazed it's the only one up there. Looked on Instagram/Facebook, but didn't see anything. They probably filmed themselves on TikTok, but I'm not using/searching that CCP garbage.

Dropped a message to the congress critter with a link to that clip. It's better than nothing at least. We'll see if that goes anywhere.

This whole thing pisses me off. It's a gut punch and a reality-check about how bad things really are.

The clips you seek are likely on WorldStarHipHop

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    MPD never showed up to assist the Park Police. They should have.

More likely they would have called Capitol Police or FPS (Federal Protective Service)...but even if they did request help the numbers available would have been small. FPS doesn't have that many on the street at any one time and the Capitol Police are too busy protecting Nancy, AOC and other members of Congress who are scared of their own shadows...except when it suits their political purposes.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    More likely they would have called Capitol Police or FPS (Federal Protective Service)...but even if they did request help the numbers available would have been small. FPS doesn't have that many on the street at any one time and the Capitol Police are too busy protecting Nancy, AOC and other members of Congress who are scared of their own shadows...except when it suits their political purposes.
    Not for that far down the mall. MPD is stretched thin as is but they are the backup at that point. I don't know if UD USSS will come out that far.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I was walking loops on the Mall for nearly two hours to get some good steps in. The only police vehicles/officers I saw were Secret Service stationed at the entrance to The Ellipse off Constitution Avenue NW.... and they had a direct line of sight to what was happening at that location on The Mall. Otherwise, I didn't see a single officer or vehicle the entire time I was out.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Not for that far down the mall. MPD is stretched thin as is but they are the backup at that point. I don't know if UD USSS will come out that far.

Measuring on the Map: This was occurring about 1,000 feet (South/Southwest) from the Secret Service stationed at the entrance to The Ellipse on Constitution Avenue NW.

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    Don't know if any of you remember the assault on Alexian Lian that happened a few years ago by a bunch of biker gang wannabe thugs in NYC. The dickheads went rampaging through the NYC highways stopping traffic so they could do their thuggish circus acts. Well, Alexian and his family got caught up in this. One thug in particular, Jay Meezee, brake checked and blocked Alexian from proceeding forward. Because Alexian tapped his bike, this was the green light for him and the other thugs to surround his SUV. Alexian had his wife and baby in the car with him. So he did what anyone would reasonably do and ran over Jay's bike along with Jay in the process. The thugs chased them through NYC while Alexian's wife was calling 911 for help. They cornered them at some street where they proceeded to destroy their SUV, threaten his wife, and pulled Alexian out of the car. Beat him to a pulp along with slashing his face. If it wasn't for some bystander intervening, there's no doubt they would have killed him.

Meanwhile, there was an undercover NYC cop among these thugs. Why he was there, and why he didn't do jack still hasn't been explained to this day as far as I can tell. Jay's race hustling family members immediately went to the press claiming how Jay is such an angel and that Alexian was intentionally trying to murder him. Got a Go Fund me going for Jay. Jay is paralyzed from being run over. I say karma. He was shown to not have a valid license and from what I recall had a bunch of other issues that pointed to why he shouldn't have been on the road in the first place.

After all this mess, Alexian was let go from his job in the financial sector because of all the race hustling press.

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Don't know if any of you remember the assault on Alexian Lian that happened a few years ago by a bunch of biker gang wannabe thugs in NYC. The dickheads went rampaging through the NYC highways stopping traffic so they could do their thuggish circus acts. Well, Alexian and his family got caught up in this. One thug in particular, Jay Meezee, brake checked and blocked Alexian from proceeding forward. Because Alexian tapped his bike, this was the green light for him and the other thugs to surround his SUV. Alexian had his wife and baby in the car with him. So he did what anyone would reasonably do and ran over Jay's bike along with Jay in the process. The thugs chased them through NYC while Alexian's wife was calling 911 for help. They cornered them at some street where they proceeded to destroy their SUV, threaten his wife, and pulled Alexian out of the car. Beat him to a pulp along with slashing his face. If it wasn't for some bystander intervening, there's no doubt they would have killed him.

Meanwhile, there was an undercover NYC cop among these thugs. Why he was there, and why he didn't do jack still hasn't been explained to this day as far as I can tell. Jay's race hustling family members immediately went to the press claiming how Jay is such an angel and that Alexian was intentionally trying to murder him. Got a Go Fund me going for Jay. Jay is paralyzed from being run over. I say karma. He was shown to not have a valid license and from what I recall had a bunch of other issues that pointed to why he shouldn't have been on the road in the first place.

After all this mess, Alexian was let go from his job in the financial sector because of all the race hustling press.
    I do remember this. Video was crazy....

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Yeah, well they didn't show up.

And I'm sure cameras on the Mall caught a number of faces.

How You Can Help: Bonu$ 2 Phone Us: Off Road

“Bonu$ to Phone Us: Off Road” is a program that offers DC residents the ability to call (202) 727-9099 when they know the location of an ATV or dirt bike being operated illegally on public space in Washington, DC. If the information results in the confiscation of the dirt bike or ATV AND the identification of its driver/operator, the caller will be authorized to receive a $250 reward.

I wonder if anybody called.

This is from a few months ago:

This same thing happened on the Mall last June... in the same place, on a Sunday night:

Video obtained by News4 shows a number of people on dirt bikes and ATVs riding on the National Mall on Sunday night.

Riders can be seen on the street, on a sidewalk and then on the grass near the Washington Monument. Bystanders can be seen watching as the group off-roads onto the grass.

The clip went viral on social media, with many viewers outraged by what they saw.

U.S. Park Police officers responded but, “the ATVs left the area prior to any law enforcement intervention,” the department said in a statement.

No one was arrested.

F'ing incredible.

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Exactly this.
    I really wish the pain from this would hit the protected class hard.

At some point you'd think they'd break from their herd given the rampant and permissive lawlessness that's occurring, but perhaps there's peer pressure to virtue signal to the other members of the cult by sticking with the collective ideology no matter what happens or how bad it gets.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom