• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HotWheelsUMD

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern Balt Co, MD
    Not really, probably owns a business or has TS clearance. And if the ERPO didn't survive a date with the judge no reason why his permit should have been revoked. More damning of the ERPO system than anything IMO.
    The 'TS as good and substantial' permit isn't unrestricted. They say "valid while maintaining employment..." as a restriction. I suspect we would have heard that in the video were it the case.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The 'TS as good and substantial' permit isn't unrestricted. They say "valid while maintaining employment..." as a restriction. I suspect we would have heard that in the video were it the case.
    You're absolutely right, Mrs Stove's permit has similar verbiage on the back. I was just referencing the possible permittees and not thinking about the TS "restriction".

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You lose it if you lose your employment. Otherwise it’s unrestricted.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    No. Interesting he has an unrestricted permit, no?
    When I first received my carry permit it was restricted and from what I understood it wasn’t easy to get non restricted. When I renewed it it came back as unrestricted. From what I’ve heard that’s the norm now.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    When I first received my carry permit it was restricted and from what I understood it wasn’t easy to get non restricted. When I renewed it it came back as unrestricted. From what I’ve heard that’s the norm now.
    If you have a business license. As an employed physician I can only get “to and from the office”.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    If you have a business license. As an employed physician I can only get “to and from the office”.
    Well that was always our thought. Cop “ this license says for to and from work “. Me “ here’s my business card please call the office number”. As my phone rings and I answer it “ I’m on 24 hour call “. Glad I never had to have that conversation. The reality is I don’t carry near as much as I should.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Well that was always our thought. Cop “ this license says for to and from work “. Me “ here’s my business card please call the office number”. As my phone rings and I answer it “ I’m on 24 hour call “. Glad I never had to have that conversation. The reality is I don’t carry near as much as I should.
    I find it obnoxious. If you have a business selling ass cream, you get an unrestricted permit. Put a gun to my head and tell me what to prescribe you, I’ll do it. It will go through. Anywhere in the country. From my phone. I can prescribe a million dollars of OxyContin in a short period of time. From my iPhone. They balk at giving me a permit at all.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I find it obnoxious. If you have a business selling ass cream, you get an unrestricted permit. Put a gun to my head and tell me what to prescribe you, I’ll do it. It will go through. Anywhere in the country. From my phone. I can prescribe a million dollars of OxyContin in a short period of time. From my iPhone. They balk at giving me a permit at all.
    It’s nucking futs!
    The officer that handled my application told me about the non businesses owner plumber that a permit because of the value of tools and copper on his van. Contradiction is you can only shoot over life and not possessions. Well hell everyone has a life to protect.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It’s nucking futs!
    The officer that handled my application told me about the non businesses owner plumber that a permit because of the value of tools and copper on his van. Contradiction is you can only shoot over life and not possessions. Well hell everyone has a life to protect.
    Amen. I think SCOTUS is soon to say the same.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I realize with multiple people around that someone is bound to get flagged in an uncontrolled environment, but the number of times it happened in that video was troubling. Clear the gun, set it down, and then quit effin with it.
    Other than that I thought they were very professional and did a good job working together to resolve whether there needed to be an arrest.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    At 3:48 Female Officer asks "does he have a permit?". Officer says: "yeah".

That should have been followed by the Officers saying. "OK, have a nice day"

kdmag88

Jan 10, 2018
    Does she say, "sooooo, he can just ride around and carry all these?"? Doesn't she likely have a similar loadout with her in her car? Guess she thinks this guy is below her.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Does she say, "sooooo, he can just ride around and carry all these?"? Doesn't she likely have a similar loadout with her in her car? Guess she thinks this guy is below her.

Gun control enforcement cannot be outgunned by those it’s there to control.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It occurs to me that the title of this thread refers to the weapon as an AR Pistol. Didn't the officers determine it to be an SBR?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom