Carroll County MD Shooters - AR build Event!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    I think we're cool on tools as we have at least three sets, but thanks very much for the offer! Hope to see you there if you have any spare time.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I will be there with my son. I hope to have a Mega lower from the group buy. I looked at it when I was at BBP a week ago. It looks like a nice piece.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Saw your post on M14tfl. What's in the works?

I'm going have to go see what I posted....:D

...checked, all my posts are steel and wood, and two weeks old...

now I'm just confused....

But, back to the topic on hand, I have picked up the last parts for my AR carbine, so I should probably put the thing together.....

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    I'm going have to go see what I posted....:D

...checked, all my posts are steel and wood, and two weeks old...

now I'm just confused....

But, back to the topic on hand, I have picked up the last parts for my AR carbine, so I should probably put the thing together.....

http://m14tfl.com/upload/showthread.php?t=71806

Post #8.

Have you made a decision on bedding the stock? I have been thinking about making another run to CMP for a field grade, getting a .308 barrel for it and having shuff's do a manganese park job. If I do then bedding will be soon after since John. C. matches will be out of the question.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    http://m14tfl.com/upload/showthread.php?t=71806

Post #8.

Have you made a decision on bedding the stock? I have been thinking about making another run to CMP for a field grade, getting a .308 barrel for it and having shuff's do a manganese park job. If I do then bedding will be soon after since John. C. matches will be out of the question.

I've been following JMurmans garand posts to see how he approaches the bedding. I'm still planning on the project, just have to find a decent set of NM sights that I can afford....

I've just got so many projects lined up I am hesitant to start any new ones until I finish a few off. The NM garand will come after the AK's and AR. I have all the parts for them, just need the time and a couple of tools....

ripper157

Feb 20, 2008
    Carroll County
    Ok guys, I have an update about our build. I arranged for Dan from Gun Connection to join us on our build date to assist in building AR’s as well as to bring parts to anyone that wants to order them from him. His request is to give him as much notice as possible so he can get the parts you are looking for in time. He keeps some stuff as stock for his store and should be able to get you whatever it is you desire for your build just send him a PM and he will help you with the rest. It will be nice to have an extra set of hands and tools that day also! Hope to see you all soon, enjoy the weekend…

Cheers,

Ripper

ripper157

Feb 20, 2008
    Carroll County
    Not yet, but we should probably start one to ensure we have enough tools and people. Also don’t forget that Dan (GC) will be attending and he will bring whatever parts you guys need just PM him.

ripper157

Feb 20, 2008
    Carroll County
    1. Ripper157
    2. Apone
    3. RussD
    4. gunconnection +1
    5. gstack?
    6. blindnoodle
    7. capTim
    8. Kashmir1008
    9. Threeband
    10. kac +2
    11. Pictaker
    12. fivepointstar?
    13. boothdoc
    14. boricuamaximus
    15. vette97
    16. Les Gawlik +1
    17. Drmsparks
    18. Slimjim

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    keep a place for Half-cocked. He lives in Eldersburg. I've been chatting with him about our get togethers and he mentioned the build although I don't think he has parts yet.

+1 great idea inviting Dan - I haven't had a chance to meet him yet. Thanks again Ritchie for letting us gather at your place and facilitating the meet.

I agree, this is going to be awesome.

BTW - I'm a little concerned about Apone. Anyone heard from him? Not like him to be so quiet when there's ARs involved

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    keep a place for Half-cocked. He lives in Eldersburg. I've been chatting with him about our get togethers and he mentioned the build although I don't think he has parts yet.

+1 great idea inviting Dan - I haven't had a chance to meet him yet. Thanks again Ritchie for letting us gather at your place and facilitating the meet.

I agree, this is going to be awesome.

BTW - I'm a little concerned about Apone. Anyone heard from him? Not like him to be so quiet when there's ARs involved

I was just thinking the same thing. We haven't heard from him in a week.

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    I was told by Ripper at the last get together that i need to show up so i guess i will be there too, don't know if i will have anything to build at the time but at least will hang around and learn

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom