Carroll County MD Shooters - AR build Event!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    Yep, I'm in. Is this going to be a family thing, or are we guys only? Reason I'm asking is because I might let my daughter shoot this gun, and she might want to help/actually build it.

Pictaker

Mar 7, 2008
    Central MD
    Can you use another armorer. I am certified on M16 M4 AR15
    I have a good selection of tools and can bring them with me. I also have a good AR parts inventory, all from Brownells or Colt.
    LMK

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    Can you use another armorer. I am certified on M16 M4 AR15
    I have a good selection of tools and can bring them with me. I also have a good AR parts inventory, all from Brownells or Colt.
    LMK

Hell yeah! We would love to have you. The more the merrier. As far as building uppers go, we'll have to see what kind of time we have. I don't think it will take that long with the lowers, though. The only problem with building uppers is that it takes a specific set of tools. Not sure if we're going to have enough sets of tools for several upper builds. No reason we can't do this more than once, though. We'll get through as much as we can, but the key goal is to make sure everyone walks away with a quality build that they can feel good about because they built it themselves.

This is going to be a great event.

ripper157

Feb 20, 2008
    Carroll County
    Hell yeah! We would love to have you. The more the merrier. As far as building uppers go, we'll have to see what kind of time we have. I don't think it will take that long with the lowers, though. The only problem with building uppers is that it takes a specific set of tools. Not sure if we're going to have enough sets of tools for several upper builds. No reason we can't do this more than once, though. We'll get through as much as we can, but the key goal is to make sure everyone walks away with a quality build that they can feel good about because they built it themselves.

This is going to be a great event.

+1
    If this goes well, I would be happy to do this more then once. The main goal is to make sure that everyone is able to build themselves an AR, not watch one of us do it for you. We will assist in every way to help, but we want everyone to be able to say they built their AR. We should be able to break into a few groups even if we have a large enough group. The only limit to how fast we build will most likely be tools.

kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    pictaker and boothdoc, why the heck would we NOT want you guys there?

Everybody is bringing something valuable to the table-experience, knowledge, whatever.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I dont want to infect you carroll county guys with something from Frederick county:D. I am in and ready. I need to order some parts to build a AR for the next MDshooters training class.

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I decided since I already have a carbine and not too much more room in my safe, I should not build another one. However, I am interested in a trigger upgrade. Can I bring just my built lower and new trigger when I decide what trigger to get?

Russ - I'm thinking of getting the trigger you picked up since you had a good experience with it. Any advice on which one?

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I decided since I already have a carbine and not too much more room in my safe, I should not build another one. However, I am interested in a trigger upgrade. Can I bring just my built lower and new trigger when I decide what trigger to get?

Russ - I'm thinking of getting the trigger you picked up since you had a good experience with it. Any advice on which one?

I'm gonna send my latest two trigger out to Bill Springfield and see what he does. He gets outstanding reviews from Ar15.com guys and for 40$ I don't think you can beat it. Plus his turn around is silly. Just send him your factory trigger and springs and it'll be back in your hands in a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom