• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    speaking of Canada, we met a couple while on Vacation from Canada. We got to talking health care. It is true that they pay more in taxes to cover health care for everyone. It's also true that some have a secondary benefits plan through the employer to help with extra medical expenses, whatever that is. I told them about how I could see my doc about my knee problem one day, get an MRI the next day, get surgery scheduled shortly there after all with in a couple weeks if I wanted. They said stuff like that is at least 6 months.
    I explained ours may cost more over all but at least we won't die waiting for our turn in the hospital and you get what you pay for.
    They are told buy the government that our system sucks. They have heard from other Americans that it is good.

I also found it interesting that thier favorite place to vacation is CUBA. They say it's not like you would think and everyone is nice and happy/content.

yaa right.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Cuba actually has an expanding tourist industry. Similar climate to rest of Caribian. They are happy to get the hard currency from Canadians and Europeans. Of course they will have things looking nice in the tourist areas. Same way that Hati and Dom Rep might be extreme dysfunctional poverty, but the tourist can go to the beach resorts , and think they were in Miami or Bahamas.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    They have been talking about getting rid of the registry for at least 5 years. As a frequent hunter in Canada, I jumped through all the hoops and got my PAL and three firearms registered there. It make it a breeze crossing the border with firearms.

Good luck

Jerry

Srsanbo

Massive Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    I also found it interesting that thier favorite place to vacation is CUBA. They say it's not like you would think and everyone is nice and happy/content. yaa right.

I bet they are really nice to the gringos from the great white north that bring their money with them.

Content? How would hints of discontent be handled?

Silly Canadians.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    4 million a year to operate a gun registry?! Damn... Yeah, they need to dump that.

As for vacationing in Cuba and other places with extreme poverty, tourists are stupid. I lived in one of these tourism-dependent island nations for a while. People can't look past the shiny front of the resort and refuse to notice the bums scavenging a meal out of the dumpster behind the hotel. Tourists are blissfully unaware of their surroundings. Yeah, everybody's nice, but that's only because you're handing out crispy American dollars. Try dressing like a local and wandering out of the main tourist areas. In Haiti and Jamaica, that will get you killed. In Cuba you'll get arrested. Real nice place to visit huh?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    How many tourists or conventioneers go to the 'hood in Miami, or DC , or NYC , or LA , or etc.

If those third world tropical paradises didn't extract $ from clueless tourists , there would go most of their semi legit hard currency. Overall a gain for them , and better vacation deal for the clueless tourists. Win/win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom