• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Providing you are legally allowed to carry in the State of Maryland is it permissible to carry more than one handgun on your person? I'm interested to know what the law says regarding backup guns. There is a legitimate use for carrying a backup gun so I don't want to start an argument about that.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    It is lawful and I do it, especially when working in Baltimore City as I did today. No laws against it for permit holders.

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    It is lawful and I do it, especially when working in Baltimore City as I did today. No laws against it for permit holders.

This is my own experience. I 've been carrying gun for 17 years, I don't think you need a back up one, because if you miss your first chance to defend yourself or others, you won't have a second chance. The most important thing is you know when you need it and when you use it. Can't say may be. Once again this is my own opinion:)

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    This is my own experience. I 've been carrying gun for 17 years, I don't think you need a back up one, because if you miss your first chance to defend yourself or others, you won't have a second chance. The most important thing is you know when you need it and when you use it. Can't say may be. Once again this is my own opinion:)
    First gun malfunctions, runs out of ammo, or God forbid is taken from you, there's 3 reasons right there. Just my .02 cents.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Or first is lost or dropped in either scuffle or generic strenous activity.

Or second is carried in such manner as to be particularly accessable in particular situation, ie optimized for non-primary hand, or while seated.

Or if the two are different size / different role , ie if second is smaller, it could be discreetly pre- deployed in pocket , in your hand, or as with 44Man recently, in hand with crosses arms.

Or if "stuff happens" , and you have a competent family member, or other good guy with you without their own at the moment, you could arm them.

Or , and etc , and etc .

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If you carry 1 bug, then why not carry 2 or 3? "Beware of the man with 1 gun because he probably knows how to use it".

How many here are practicing weapon retention in a strenuous manner with a partner? Lie and say you are. How in the hell are you going to retain 2? I think people should concentrate on being the most violent fcker with their 1 gun before taking on too much to chew. A person is more likely to be in a physical altercation than a gun wielding one.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    P.S. It's much easier to get a permit now than it was 20 years ago when I first got one. It's also easier than it was just two years ago. That is mostly due to the hard work of a few dedicated guys on this forum. I don't consider myself among them but they are my friends.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Or first is lost or dropped in either scuffle or generic strenous activity.

Or second is carried in such manner as to be particularly accessable in particular situation, ie optimized for non-primary hand, or while seated.

Or if the two are different size / different role , ie if second is smaller, it could be discreetly pre- deployed in pocket , in your hand, or as with 44Man recently, in hand with crosses arms.

Or if "stuff happens" , and you have a competent family member, or other good guy with you without their own at the moment, you could arm them.

Or , and etc , and etc .

I would add, in certain clothing (bundled up for winter), having a gun in your pocket with your hand already on it is something I know a lot of switched-on people do. In that situation, your backup is actually your primary, with your "regular" pistol under a few layers serving as the de facto backup.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I was visualizing that as included in second teason, but was trying to not get too wordy . Guess the abreviation removed too much detail.

But absolutely a Good Thing worth being emphasised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom