• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The neighbors are probably jealous because they don't have a range and want you to invite them over so they can shoot too.

JoeyBones32

Aug 1, 2022
    Smithsburg
    Hi there, just moved to washington county, trying to find out what the laws here are. basically i want to know if i can shoot on my own property, i own 20 acres, have lots of space. but when i go googling about this topic, i see only mentions on hunting laws, i just want to shoot targets, is that allowed?
    I live outside Smithsburg and shoot on my farm all the time. Do your thing and welcome to worshington counny

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    Every county has certain ordinances and laws. Some say you have to be a certain amount of distance from a public road, etc.
    so true , i'm in baltimore co. , the " metropolitan line " is about two miles north of me , had people move in acrossed the street , called the police every time they heard a shot , moved six months later .

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    Sorry to disappoint, but your source is garbage. The first page reads like a page taken from a bottom of the barrel legal firm trying to drum up business.

"Outside of a gun range, is absolutely illegal."

Absolutely false.
    this , every jurisdiction has it's own rules , the police quit showing up when the crazy neighbor kept calling .

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Howard County has a county wide ordinance against it but it is loosely enforced out here in the west end of the county. YMMV

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    *snip*

And remember, when transporting your firearm,, it has to be "As far back in the vehicle as possible"

I typically tie mine to the rear bumper,, as to adhere to the letter of the law.
    What? No dedicated trailer for transporting your firearms?
    lol
    But back to the topic. I am glad the OP has enough land to shoot on. A backyard in AA County just isn't enough.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    We shoot on our land and I am between Fairplay and Sharpsburg. It depends on your neighbors. I have a few farms the famer will not let us shoot a gun on because crazy Montgomery County people that moved up call 911 every time they hear a shot. Personally, if it were me, I'd just shoot more until they come talk to me like a grown man or woman.

It's your dirt, as long as you're being safe from not endangering them. .
    …and wearing a mask? :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom