Can I Buy an "Assault Weapon" Out Of State?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Can I legally buy a gun (rifle) that is listed on the Maryland 5-501 (p) list in another state -on the spot or do I have to do a wait as with handguns? I was reading the laws on the MD State police page, but it is a little confusing as they keep referencing handguns instead of a rifles.

What are the laws concerning buying a gun on the "Assault Weapons" list for Maryland? Do I have to buy it in MD, and do a wait or no ?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    any regulated rifles have to go through ffl in maryland and do the wait.. just like handgun.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Can I legally buy a gun (rifle) that is listed on the Maryland 5-501 (p) list in another state -on the spot or do I have to do a wait as with handguns? I was reading the laws on the MD State police page, but it is a little confusing as they keep referencing handguns instead of a rifles.

What are the laws concerning buying a gun on the "Assault Weapons" list for Maryland? Do I have to buy it in MD, and do a wait or no ?
    You can buy it there, but it will have to be shipped here to an FFL to do the paperwork on it.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

do you have dual residency?

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Are you getting Class 3? "Assault Weapons" are selective fire!!! Who are you intendining to use them on? Weapon implies intent so who are you intending to "assault" with your "weapon". Those terms have no business on a site dedicated to the lawfull use and possesion of firearms!!!

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Are you getting Class 3? "Assault Weapons" are selective fire!!!

Its not selective fire or class 3- only semi auto, but has 2 cap mags (drum & stick). The gun I'm looking at was in the MD regulated 5 101 Assault weapons list. Its not an SBR either has 16" barrel.

I can buy a Maryland compliant version that comes with 10 rounds drum - but F--- that I want the 50.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Its not selective fire or class 3- only semi auto, but has 2 cap mags (drum & stick). The gun I'm looking at was in the MD regulated 5 101 Assault weapons list. Its not an SBR either has 16" barrel.

I can buy a Maryland compliant version that comes with 10 rounds drum - but F--- that I want the 50.

OMG, you are talking about the one we were discussing the other night, I can't wait to see that one at the range.:party29:

Nubz

Yankee Trash
    Mar 16, 2012
    and I thought NY had some jackwad stuff going on

We could at least just go get it and bring it home
    I feel as bad for you guys as I do my state

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I may just do that - and carry the magazines home in the violin case :D

You still on for this weekend ? I think Saturday is suppose to be rain free until the evening - and warm!
    I can't wait to see that bad boy.
    And yes I'm still on for this weekend, we need to let j8064 know and I told wagtail that we were planning so I'll let him know too.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    I can't wait to see that bad boy.
    And yes I'm still on for this weekend, we need to let j8064 know and I told wagtail that we were planning so I'll let him know too.

You wont just get to see it .. you WILL fire it off! Im still marinating on it, but after handling it, I was really pleased on how it was built.

Yeah, Im still up to it, Ill message j8064, and hopefully he is too! Lock & Load!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom