• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    They are really dragging Bianchi out…it’s been way longer than 2 weeks. Does a Supplemental Authority Letter encourage a court to act, or does it merely serve to bring a ruling to their attention?
    The way I understand it, the Letter only informs the Court that another legal authority has issued a ruling on the same, or similar issues. It might start things moving if it makes a holdout realize there is no point waiting any more for another court to confirm their bias.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The way I understand it, the Letter only informs the Court that another legal authority has issued a ruling on the same, or similar issues. It might start things moving if it makes a holdout realize there is no point waiting any more for another court to confirm their bias.
    Maybe it will motivate the 4CA to create a circuit split… :rolleyes:

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I've never actually liked the standard AR-15 / M4 magazine. I always thought this mag had sufficient capacity and better balance. With Black Friday coming up pretty soon it would be great to get one off of the Internet for the safe queen AR-15.
    kci-556-100-round-drum-magazine-for-ar-15.jpg

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I've never actually liked the standard AR-15 / M4 magazine. I always thought this mag had sufficient capacity and better balance. With Black Friday coming up pretty soon it would be great to get one off of the Internet for the safe queen AR-15.
    kci-556-100-round-drum-magazine-for-ar-15.jpg
    More parts to break, more places for dirt and sand to get in to jam things up, more ways to fail when you most need it to feed reliably. I guess it might be fun as a range toy, though.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Lmao. From the LA Times:

But Gov. Gavin Newsom said that with his latest ruling, Benitez was no longer “even pretending” to be an impartial jurist. “This is politics, pure and simple,” he said in a statement.

Funny how Newscum doesn’t say that about all of the 9th Circuit rulings that blatantly violate the Constitution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Funny how Newscum doesn’t say that about all of the 9th Circuit ruling that blatantly violate the Constitution
    But he’s now on record saying the constitution is wrong and is the source of gun violence. He knows that’s BS of course, but since he’s trying to virtue signal about it to solidify the Karen Vote, he has to stick with his capricious BS.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    But he’s now on record saying the constitution is wrong and is the source of gun violence. He knows that’s BS of course, but since he’s trying to virtue signal about it to solidify the Karen Vote, he has to stick with his capricious BS.
    Solidify the Karen vote and lock in that Soros/Moms money, after all, money is money.

Mike1690

Jan 28, 2016
    Sorry to rain on everyone’s parade. From where I sit, I don’t see much difference post Bruen. It will be years before California residents will be able to possess standard cap mags. The 9CA will drag this out. The SCOTUS will flip and deny cert or rule against us. Look how the 4CA is just sitting on Bianchi and MSI. 100% it will be years before they issue their anti 2A ruling. By then I’m confident SCOTUS will have flipped. The judiciary in this country is just as bad as the other branches. TLDR: Nothing will change anytime soon.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sorry to rain on everyone’s parade. From where I sit, I don’t see much difference post Bruen. It will be years before California residents will be able to possess standard cap mags. The 9CA will drag this out. The SCOTUS will flip and deny cert or rule against us. Look how the 4CA is just sitting on Bianchi and MSI. 100% it will be years before they issue their anti 2A ruling. By then I’m confident SCOTUS will have flipped. The judiciary in this country is just as bad as the other branches. TLDR: Nothing will change anytime soon.
    There were a lot of cases GVR’d after Bruen. Some dealt with “assault weapons” bans and standard capacity mags. Those cases are on the doorstep of SCOTUS.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Re-again, the sequel. AND the prequel, to happening AGAIN after CA drags it back to the 9th for another spiteful smackdown of the Benitez smackdown, then a lengthy wait while it gets teed up to SCOTUS to issue a "No, Clarence Thomas actually meant the words he wrote, and we agreed with him" re-re-smackdown.

And then localities in CA will try a Maryland, or a Montgomery County and it will never, ever end. Eternal vigilance, as they say, is the price we must pay.
    cT56-u.gif
    I could watch that all day long, waiting for a different outcome...

Mike1690

Jan 28, 2016
    There were a lot of cases GVR’d after Bruen. Some dealt with “assault weapons” bans and standard capacity mags. Those cases are on the doorstep of SCOTUS.
    How’s that working out? Doorstep isn’t inside. Again, look at Bianchi. Over a year later and the 4CA is still sitting on it. The fact that Bianchi and MSI. are the only cases left from last term that haven’t been decided coupled with the fact that they have issued very few opinions over the last several weeks should tell you something.

BrianS

Apr 26, 2010

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Wait, I thought it went back down to the original District Court on direction of the Court of Appeals telling them to "Have another look-see" using Bruen? Or something like that? Maybe I misunderstood Tom Grieve.
    IAMANAL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom