• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Won’t have to. Court will flip long before that. I truly hope I’m wrong but I’m not optimistic.

I have this feeling too. If the Rs would nominate someone other than Trump, they would absolutely destroy Joe Biden in the general election. I'm not saying Trump CAN'T beat Biden, but I think his chances are worse than some of the others. Sadly Trump will probably be the nominee, and we may have another Cox/Moore situation on our hands. And the problem then is that Newsome will probably run in 2028 and I believe he will win. He's electric, good looking, popular, all the things that have traditionally pushed people into power. I mean I think he is the scum of the earth, but, I don't decide elections.

All that is to say that I was really hoping to win in 2024 because it may be our best chance to really add another justice or two to SCOTUS and ensure a majority for a long time. Thomas and Alito are old. Roberts isn't getting any younger either.

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    Im just wondering that if this ruling actually does stand, as it should, would it even effect MD. Here, they dont prohibit ownership or use of these magazines, only manufacture, sale, or transfer within the state. Fine line, I guess, but a definite distinction. Well, any 2a win is a good thing.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Im just wondering that if this ruling actually does stand, as it should, would it even effect MD. Here, they dont prohibit ownership or use of these magazines, only manufacture, sale, or transfer within the state. Fine line, I guess, but a definite distinction. Well, any 2a win is a good thing.
    We're not in the same circuit. This would have to get appealed up the food chain quite a ways before it would directly impact us over here on the other side of the continental divide.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    We're not in the same circuit. This would have to get appealed up the food chain quite a ways before it would directly impact us over here on the other side of the continental divide.
    I am a CA resident so it does directly affect me; I know one of 25K or so ;) . Newscum's head exploding with rage makes me smile,

St. Benitez is correcting the wrongs that the CA GOV jammed down the throat of law-abiding CA citizens for decades, not only with the mag limits, but IIRC soon to follow the AWB and CA ****** up handgun roster.

WTF is so hard to understand about Bruen?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    WTF is so hard to understand about Bruen?
    Nothing. They COMPLETELY understand it. They just hate it, and are going to pretend they don't get it for as long as it can possibly be dragged out in every way on every single facet of gun ownership and use, for as many years as possible. Only costs them our tax dollars to fight against us, so they truly, truly relish the fact this pisses us off and costs us money. It's got nothing to do with understanding.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Nothing. They COMPLETELY understand it. They just hate it, and are going to pretend they don't get it for as long as it can possibly be dragged out in every way on every single facet of gun ownership and use, for as many years as possible. Only costs them our tax dollars to fight against us, so they truly, truly relish the fact this pisses us off and costs us money. It's got nothing to do with understanding.
    This. It could be over a decade before Bruen really takes full effect due to the kicking and screaming of intentional rights infringers.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    This. It could be over a decade before Bruen really takes full effect due to the kicking and screaming of intentional rights infringers.
    It's no different that the effects of Brown v Board of Education. It took more than a decade for overt resistance to that decision to die down, but, in the end, civil rights became normalized both legally and culturally.

wfm12273

Oct 20, 2022
    I wonder if they will sit on the appeal knowing if it goes to the Supreme Court it will change the law across the land and they won't be able to do anything about it afterwards.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I wonder if they will sit on the appeal knowing if it goes to the Supreme Court it will change the law across the land and they won't be able to do anything about it afterwards.

Sounds like you're catching on.

High school civics never talked about things like this. Now high school civics barely exists, while corrupt, conniving politicians multiply like sewer rats.

Mike1690

Jan 28, 2016
    If CA loses at the 9th. Then the other states will beg them not to appeal to SCOTUS. They will take the L just to avoid that. Look what happened when DC lost Wrenn. It will be years before this happens and certainly not likely they will lose. I don’t think there ever was a pro 2A ruling that came out of the 9th Circus

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    If CA loses at the 9th. Then the other states will beg them not to appeal to SCOTUS. They will take the L just to avoid that. Look what happened when DC lost Wrenn. It will be years before this happens and certainly not likely they will lose. I don’t think there ever was a pro 2A ruling that came out of the 9th Circus
    This is exactly right.

DC was advised not to appeal Heller to SCOTUS, but they ignored that advice and did so anyway.

DC took the advice on Wrenn and didn't appeal. Ultimately Bruen is what did it for us.

Now it's time for Bruen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Hopefully this changes things in DC too.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Sure !

But he would be a " wasted " SCOTUS pick .

I wish him long life and good health . But if a GOP President elected in '24 , he'd be 73 going on 74 to be confirmed .

It's better to have a nominee with 20-30 years on the bench ahead of them , instead of single digit .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom