• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Lets say we get lucky, and get a favorable ruling, with the MSP backed up like they are with purchase backround checks,, I can see a year or more to get carry permit checks done!

I think the courts have already issued contempt threats ... any significant delay would instantly go into court

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Lets say we get lucky, and get a favorable ruling, with the MSP backed up like they are with purchase backround checks,, I can see a year or more to get carry permit checks done!

Very true and I hope your right and it only takes a year. But unless changes are made within the MSP I can see 2 or more years. Sounds unrealistic, but if we win, the MSP still have budget issues. Remember what state your in. MD cries poor with the best of them. Coming up with the money to hire personnel to handle the inrush of permits apps will not be at the top of their list.

If the courts somehow force them into a more timely turn around, You can rest assured it will cost us in some other way. App fee increase or some new tax placed on guns or ammo.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    it's a case of really bad timing. Sandy Hook changed the whole landscape, I knew this would be an uphill battle after that.

We need this in front of the Supreme Court as quickly as possible. It's our only hope. And if we lose a conservative justice we have zero hope

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I feel like I just woke up, made a big bowl of delicious cereal... and someone walked over, pulled their pants down and took a huge Frosh. Right in my cereal.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Whatever. It was heading to the SCOTUS one way or the other. I'll sharpen my pitchfork when we lose that battle, not before.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Whatever. It was heading to the SCOTUS one way or the other. I'll sharpen my pitchfork when we lose that battle, not before.

I know we want to think the SCOTUS trip is a good thing, but I do not have any faith is that group of wacko's after that Obama care ruling. They might say our four fathers meant the arms attached to our bodies. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom