• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Wollard is a case that was heard by the 4th Circuit of Appeals (federal court) regarding Maryland's "Good and Substantial" clause for concealed carry.

Unfortunately, there is no way to influence the panel. Not a legal one, anyway. The state was told to change the current law (good for us), but appealed to this court... in the meantime, the law stands.

We should have a resolution on or about April 3rd.

:lol::lol::lol:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    A part of me thinks they are going to uphold, but are waiting to see if MD does anything.

Another part thinks they are waiting to see if the Supreme Court takes the case.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    A part of me thinks they are going to uphold, but are waiting to see if MD does anything.

Another part thinks they are waiting to see if the Supreme Court takes the case.

Well I can say with 100% certainty that 0, 1 or 2 parts of your are correct.

neoendedsmith

Mar 20, 2013
    Can anyone help me understand what these projected dates are based on? Similiar court cases? Expiration? Not that fimiliar with case law...

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Can anyone help me understand what these projected dates are based on? Similiar court cases? Expiration? Not that fimiliar with case law...

They're just making jokes based on the old "two weeks" joke. Don't take them seriously. We really have no idea when a decision will be out.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD

Sort of an inside joke, we have been waiting for traction on this issue for a long time. After a long time of guessing - that became the standard funny answer. "When do you think they will decide? Two weeks"

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I've been thinking lately that CA4 is going to go against Legg. The appeals court is going to holdout on a decision at least beyond the point where Gura can file cert for the next session... maybe longer. The tactic is that the panel is waiting for Obama to have a favorable court to uphold their decision.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Lets say we get lucky, and get a favorable ruling, with the MSP backed up like they are with purchase backround checks,, I can see a year or more to get carry permit checks done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom