• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I'm a little jealous... ive got maybe a thousand rounds of .223 and only 7 or 800 rounds of 9mm. I am gathering supplies to reload and have a could thousand pieces of .223 brass and a couple hundred 30-06 for my M1.

3 young kids and a stay at home wife sure limit my ammo budget!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Mr H

Banana'd
    That is supposed to be 1,000 rounds per Firearm. If you have 10 firearms all the same caliber 1,000 rounds won't go very far. And if they are not reloadable, .22 Rim Fire for example, then the number should be increased so in my example one case per firearm would be reasonable.

Don't worry any total over 1,000 rounds will be reported in the news as an "Arsenal" if anything happens anyway.

I figured "minimum" was implied ;)

As I say often, we all have a lifetime supply of ammo....:innocent0

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I don’t know of any MD law that restricts ammunition purchases yet, but think that’s coming very soon. And while there may be no law against buying ammunition, it would be foolish to conclude that bulk purchases are not of interest to both state and federal actors. I could speculate there might even be information sharing, but remember, the same actors read these these boards.

Whatever, they can have all the interest they want, it’s perfectly legal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Or when your house is on fire.

Technically your house will still burn down. Sporting ammunition is not seriously dangerous, unless chambered.

Educational, Painful to watch all the ammo destroyed. :innocent0

yes, this board tries to be educational. I mean not me, others. Im still trouble.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    When the SHTF and we start to experience EOTWAWKI, then ammo and guns are going worth more than their weight in Gold, Food or Water.

I'd rather be the guy with all the guns and ammo to trade than the guy with all the gold, food and water. If the deal gets busted and the situation becomes a shitshow then the odds are that the guy with all the guns and ammo is probably going to be the guy with all the gold, food and water at the end of the day as well.

It's fun to make your own battle packs with a Seal-a-Meal and your wife's old Tupperware or mason jars. Already to cache or take on the boat for your next accident.

Recycling Tip - Remember to save your old desiccant packs from coffee and electronics.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia

Attachments

• dessicante1.jpg
      dessicante1.jpg
      83.5 KB · Views: 374

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    If anyone has a desire to stack really deep either send me a PM or text. Happy to make a win/win.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I got a Phone Call from Engage - the Police called them to say 3k rounds of
    7.62x39 was sitting on the front porch of a house 2 streets away with my name on it.
    Both streets name started with letter 'D', but not even close otherwise.
    I drove over and Montgomery County's finest watched as I loaded the cases into my van.
    Pretty weird occurance.
    Apparently the Homeowner knew ORM-D was explosives of some sort and called the cops.
    This was a Saturday. Imagine if it were a Sunday, when Engage was closed.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I got a Phone Call from Engage - the Police called them to say 3k rounds of
    7.62x39 was sitting on the front porch of a house 2 streets away with my name on it.
    Both streets name started with letter 'D', but not even close otherwise.
    I drove over and Montgomery County's finest watched as I loaded the cases into my van.
    Pretty weird occurance.
    Apparently the Homeowner knew ORM-D was explosives of some sort and called the cops.
    This was a Saturday. Imagine if it were a Sunday, when Engage was closed.

God-bless ignorant people. I would have brought it to you, and explained.

SigZag

Aug 4, 2019
    Rockville
    I knew I was gonna get some flak for asking this question but I’d rather get good information. Tried searching if there was any type of MD restriction and didn’t see anything but asked anyway.

Not trying to hide anything. I want to abide by all the laws in MD, whether they are stupid/illogical or not. At the same time I’d rather not be in the radar of any type of agency especially when I’m new to the firearms world and don’t want any hassle if I have to get any background checks. Again, this is more of the paranoid side of me lol.
    Its not paranoia when they really are out to get ya.;)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    ORM-D also covers stuff like hairspray and hand sanitizer. I remember laughing to myself seeing the shipping boxes of that kind of stuff in the back of retail stores with the ORM-D labels.

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    I knew I was gonna get some flak for asking this question but I’d rather get good information. Tried searching if there was any type of MD restriction and didn’t see anything but asked anyway.

Not trying to hide anything. I want to abide by all the laws in MD, whether they are stupid/illogical or not. At the same time I’d rather not be in the radar of any type of agency especially when I’m new to the firearms world and don’t want any hassle if I have to get any background checks. Again, this is more of the paranoid side of me lol.

Misunderstanding, I wasnt giving you flak. I was saying shame on the media for intimidating folk to the point they are concerned enough to ask this question.

I understand you not wanting to be on radar. I don't want to either, then I looked at my msp licensing account for 77r's and realized im there.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Technically your house will still burn down. Sporting ammunition is not seriously dangerous, unless chambered.

Educational, Painful to watch all the ammo destroyed. :innocent0

yes, this board tries to be educational. I mean not me, others. Im still trouble.

Yeah but the incident commander might decide not to risk his team.

Or maybe they just like watching fireworks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom